• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Lehmann left out of Australian touring squad

tooextracool

International Coach
another reason why the aussie selectors are a joke.....it takes them 3 bad games to drop lehmann, and an infinite number of games to drop hayden.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Darren Lehman has NEVER received a fair go from the Aus selectors.

If he played for any other country, he would have a minimum of 20 test centuries to his name.

Its a disgrace that the only time that he received an extended run in the team was in his early to mid 30s.

And James Hopes ....... WTF?

Average bat and ordinary bowler.

I cannot believe that our cupboard is so bare.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
tooextracool said:
another reason why the aussie selectors are a joke.....it takes them 3 bad games to drop lehmann, and an infinite number of games to drop hayden.
Perhaps you should change your signature TEC which states you think Tendulkar is the most overated player of all time and replace it with Hayden.

I take it you think he's overated in ODI's as well as Tests??

Crazy Sam

International 12th Man
well done james hopes, very much deserved. :D

what a great tour that'll be, my two favourite players (symonds & hopes) playing for australia....

Camel56

Banned
Rumur has it Lehmann was left out because of his weight. He's been booked into fat camp for the duration of the NZ tour and his position in the team will be reassessed pending the results of his time in camp.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Cant say im too surprised, i certainly would have given him more time though, hes been through alot this summer.

Good call for mine, James Hopes certainly has played some good cricket this summer, will be interesting to see if he gets a game.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
age_master said:
Good call for mine, James Hopes certainly has played some good cricket this summer, will be interesting to see if he gets a game.
yeah, a list a limited overs batting average of 23.85 and bowling average of 25.58 isnt too bad. i doubt hell get much of a look see, maybe if the last game is a rubber he might get a game.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
tooextracool said:
Lehmann hasn't played well since the Sri Lankan tour in April of last year. That's a bit longer than three games. He had a shocking tour of India and a poor home summer. And given that Hayden was the top Australian scorer in ODIs in 2004, he hasn't been out of form for very long at all.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Lehmann wouldnt fit into things for 2007. Hence the drop. Good call 2 years before the cup as there is enough time for some other player to find his place into the team.

Disappointing that its been a struggle for Watson though with injuries right from 2003.

dudeurfriend

School Boy/Girl Captain
Well pratyush.... Lehmann deserves to be in the team for some more time... See his form in the recent VB series was decent.... And also he always delivers under pressure and crunch situation... He himself got his chance a bit late... so he should be given a slot in the team for some more time atleast... Say another series...

tooextracool

International Coach
FaaipDeOiad said:
Lehmann hasn't played well since the Sri Lankan tour in April of last year. That's a bit longer than three games. He had a shocking tour of India and a poor home summer. And given that Hayden was the top Australian scorer in ODIs in 2004, he hasn't been out of form for very long at all.
do you know what the difference between tests and ODIs is?
when you do, then it would be worthwhile to have an argument with you.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
tooextracool said:
do you know what the difference between tests and ODIs is?
when you do, then it would be worthwhile to have an argument with you.

player form carries through both forms of the game

tooextracool

International Coach
and you'd explain his 2 50s against NZ(one being a match influencing innings too) despite his struggling in the test series how exactly? or for that matter his match winning 49* against pakistan in the recent VB series.
no you'd much rather look at his 3 failures, 2 of which came when the team needed quick runs towards the end of the innings.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Lehmann deserves to be dropped on 1 innings.. That shot he played against Afridi on his 1st ball in the 1st Final to get caught behind with the side in deep trouble should have seen him dropped for game 2... He was a senior player who played like a rookie when his side needed him...

Finally Mike Hussey gets a shot...

Hopes is a great selection, i was one who wanted him in the World Cup side... he has always been good with the ball and now with his batting he is a great addition...

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Josh said:
Michael Hussey ahead of David Hussey??

Well, whatever...
What do you mean Whatever??

Mike has been consistent over seasons, David has done some good things in 1 and a bit seasons.... Mike has done his time and now deserves a shot...

musha_13

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
We all know that D Hussey and Hodge haven't been selected because they are Victorian.

It is a disgrace that the selectors haven't taken any notice of what this Victorian team have done.