Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Lehmann left out of Australian touring squad

Plasmanaut on Fire Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by tooextracool
    do you know what the difference between tests and ODIs is?
    when you do, then it would be worthwhile to have an argument with you.

player form carries through both forms of the game
    Member of CW Green
    Kerry O'Keefe - Worlds funniest Commentator

International Coach tooextracool's Avatar
    Dick Quicks Island Adventure Champion!
    and you'd explain his 2 50s against NZ(one being a match influencing innings too) despite his struggling in the test series how exactly? or for that matter his match winning 49* against pakistan in the recent VB series.
    no you'd much rather look at his 3 failures, 2 of which came when the team needed quick runs towards the end of the innings.
    Tendulkar = the most overated player EVER!!
    Beckham = the most overated footballer EVER!!
    Vassell = the biggest disgrace since rikki clarke!!

Lehmann deserves to be dropped on 1 innings.. That shot he played against Afridi on his 1st ball in the 1st Final to get caught behind with the side in deep trouble should have seen him dropped for game 2... He was a senior player who played like a rookie when his side needed him...

Finally Mike Hussey gets a shot...

Hopes is a great selection, i was one who wanted him in the World Cup side... he has always been good with the ball and now with his batting he is a great addition...

Quote Originally Posted by Josh
    Michael Hussey ahead of David Hussey??

Well, whatever...
    What do you mean Whatever??

Mike has been consistent over seasons, David has done some good things in 1 and a bit seasons.... Mike has done his time and now deserves a shot...

School Boy/Girl Cricketer musha_13's Avatar
    We all know that D Hussey and Hodge haven't been selected because they are Victorian.

It is a disgrace that the selectors haven't taken any notice of what this Victorian team have done.

Hall of Fame Member honestbharani's Avatar
    IDK why he should be dropped from ODIs while Hayden retains his place. But, having said that, I kinda saw this one coming, given his age and the proximity of the WC.
    We miss you, Fardin. :(. RIP.
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    In the end, I think it's so utterly, incomprehensibly boring. There is so much context behind each innings of cricket that dissecting statistics into these small samples is just worthless. No-one has ever been faced with the same situation in which they come out to bat as someone else. Ever.
    A cricket supporter forever

Member of CW Red and AAAS - Appreciating only the best.

Check out this awesome e-fed:

PWE Efed

Quote Originally Posted by Blewy
    Lehmann deserves to be dropped on 1 innings.. That shot he played against Afridi on his 1st ball in the 1st Final to get caught behind with the side in deep trouble should have seen him dropped for game 2... He was a senior player who played like a rookie when his side needed him...

Finally Mike Hussey gets a shot...

Hopes is a great selection, i was one who wanted him in the World Cup side... he has always been good with the ball and now with his batting he is a great addition...
    Reminds me of Mark Ramprakash vs Shane Warne. A terrible charge and stumped
    -The story in a nutshell is three college dorm students who seek ultimate highs by purchasing and using a bong that is possessed by an evil spirit.

Hall of Fame Member FaaipDeOiad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tooextracool
    do you know what the difference between tests and ODIs is?
    when you do, then it would be worthwhile to have an argument with you.
    As Lehmann was dropped from both forms of the game and Hayden has recently been out of form in both forms, I assumed you were discussing both.

Hall of Fame Member FaaipDeOiad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by musha_13
    We all know that D Hussey and Hodge haven't been selected because they are Victorian.

It is a disgrace that the selectors haven't taken any notice of what this Victorian team have done.
    What? D. Hussey isn't even IN the Victorian side at the moment, he was dropped due to lack of form. M. Hussey has been performing in FC cricket for years now. And as far as Hodge is concerned, well he has been in touring parties recently which indicates he is reasonably close to the Australian team, but he simply hasn't earned a place yet. There's no reason he should be picked ahead of M. Hussey or Katich for a test spot to replace Lehmann, and no reason he would be brought into the one day side either.

As far as Victoria being discriminated against is concerned, that's as ridiculous as people who claim New South Wales recieves preferencial treatment now, in a time when there are 2 or 3 NSW players in the team and the bulk of the selectors are from other states as well. Victoria only has one player in the test side because only one Victorian player warrants a place, it's as simple as that.

On Lehmann....I think the fact he is sluggish around the field quite rightly worked against him and although he is a handy slow ODI bowler, I can see M Clarke taking over that mantle as a part time ODI spinner. Whilst Hayden isn't actually Ricky Ponting around the field,. hes not as much of a slug as Lehmann.

SJS
    Virus 2 Champion!
    I must admit I am a bit biased against Lehmann. So I am not surprised. I have always been surprised by the huge support he enjoys amongst Australian supporters.

But as I said at the outset, I am biased I suppose

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Mister Wright's Avatar
    Burger Time Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh
    Michael Hussey ahead of David Hussey??

Well, whatever...
    Considering David Hussey can't even make the Victorian side, I don't think he had a look in.

I'm disapointed Jimmy Maher didn't get selected, he has been the best Australian domestic One Day player for the last 32 years and has had a pretty good time of it this season as well. However, I cannot smudge Hussey's selection though, he is a fine player and I'm sure he'll do well, IMO he is much better value than the useless Simon Katich.

I think it is a great squad they have selected. James Hopes' record may not be that stunning, but this season he has shown he has the ability to be consistently good, it has just taken him a while to find his feet.
    Cricketweb Colts Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    Hayden > Lehmann
    I'm a member of Club Kerry

I'm Green

The color of immortality, nature and envy - you are truly a unique person. While clearly the color of nature, you also symbolize rebirth, fertility and hope in the world. On the other side of the spectrum, a natural aptitude to money with green coming to signify money and possibly even *********!

Lehman's already said he won't be around for the world cup. I think it is a very fair move to drop him from the ODI side. I think he may, however, still get on the test side for the NZ tour and possibly the Ashes tour, especially if Watson is struggling.
    Last edited by Crazy Sam; 10-02-2005 at 12:01 AM.
    Andrew Symonds 143*

btw Hopes has averaged 36.37 in 9 innings and taken 11 wickets at 29.18 (e/r of 4.37) this season.

Cricketer Of The Year Mr Casson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zinzan12
    On Lehmann....I think the fact he is sluggish around the field quite rightly worked against him and although he is a handy slow ODI bowler, I can see M Clarke taking over that mantle as a part time ODI spinner. Whilst Hayden isn't actually Ricky Ponting around the field,. hes not as much of a slug as Lehmann.
    Haha that never occurred to me; now Ponting will have to use Clarke from time to time.
    'Copperfield,' said Mr. Micawber, 'farewell! Every happiness and prosperity! If, in the progress of revolving years, I could persuade myself that my blighted destiny had been a warning to you, I should feel that I had not occupied another man's place in existence altogether in vain.
    - Wilkins Micawber

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information