• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

I am a CW moron !!

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
I am a CW moron !!....
want to know why ?

1. I think Tendulkar is highly over rated ....
becuase by saying so I dont have to stretch much to prove why Lara (or my other presiding deity) is the next thing to God almighty.

2. I think Lara is highly over rated....
because it somehow refutes the claim of those who claim that Tendulkar is.

3. I think Murali is a cheat....
because it clearly states the case for Warne being the greatest spinner on the planet.

4. I think Warne is no where near being the best leg spinner of all times....
because that somehow justifies the claim of Murali in the all time world team.

Q5. I think those who say Shoaib should cut down his run up or run in slowly building up speed have air between their ears ....
because to me it sounds like they are criticising Shoaib, his bowling, his attitude, his being a Pakistani, maybe even his parentage.

Q6. I think those who disagree with me on anything dont know anything about the game....
because I say so !!

you are all invited to add to this list :)

Last edited:

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Well said, SJS.

There are quite a few who come onto this forum with the exact attitude you have so beautifully portrayed.

They don't seem to get it into their head that every one is entitled to their opinion, and just because you disagree with their opinion doesn't mean you become enemies for life and start battles with them where ever possible.

Only a brilliant Statesman like you would create a thread like this so other forum members can (particularly those not used to arguing and having open minds on comments posted by others) learn how interaction should take place in a forum without becoming moronic !!

I urge everyone to read the previous post by SJS and learn from it.
You can have a decent argument and discussion without belittling those who disagree with you or resorting to name calling to get ahead in a discussion!!

Last edited:

BlackCap_Fan

State Vice-Captain
Nice. Excellent thread.

I think Ponting is a better captain than Fleming... It's dead obvious; you'd have to be a low witted dolt not to realize this. Ponting has, with Australia, has beaten Fleming X times out of XX, despite the obvious fact that he has a better team than Fleming. You don't need to be a genius to see this one.

[/Biase]

Slow Love™

International Captain
Well done, SJS, it's a brave man to come out of the closet like that. Many of us have had more than enough of your relentless Tendulkar and Warne bashing.

I DO have some sympathy with Q5 though.

:p

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Slow Love™ said:
Well done, SJS, it's a brave man to come out of the closet like that. Many of us have had more than enough of your relentless Tendulkar and Warne bashing.

I DO have some sympathy with Q5 though.

:p
Thanks. for all you say.

But Tendulkar and Warne bashing did you say ?? :huh: :huh:
And if you read carefuly, I am not talking of criticising or expressing a particular opinion but for doing so for dubious reasons.

Thanks all the same for your valued comments :sleep:

Slow Love™

International Captain
SJS said:
Thanks. for all you say.

But Tendulkar and Warne bashing did you say ?? :huh: :huh:
And if you read carefuly, I am not talking of criticising or expressing a particular opinion but for doing so for dubious reasons.

Thanks all the same for your valued comments :sleep:
It was a joke, SJS. (If you read your post a certain way...) I've NEVER seen you bash Tendulkar OR Warne - I actually threw that in there to make it even clearer that it WAS a joke. Sometimes humor can be a deadly weapon, but I thought the tongue emoticon would cover it.

No offence was intended, mate.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Slow Love™ said:
It was a joke, SJS. (If you read your post a certain way...) I've NEVER seen you bash Tendulkar OR Warne - I actually threw that in there to make it even clearer that it WAS a joke. Sometimes humor can be a deadly weapon, but I thought the tongue emoticon would cover it.

No offence was intended, mate.
I shoul;d have sen it. Coming from youof all the [people it caught me by surprise. All the more reason, I should have seen it.

No its fine.

How about adding one of your own :)

Slow Love™

International Captain
SJS said:
I shoul;d have sen it. Coming from youof all the [people it caught me by surprise. All the more reason, I should have seen it.

No its fine.

How about adding one of your own :)
I'm glad we cleared that up - you should have seen the horror on my face when I read your initial response!

The only thing that jumps immediately to mind in terms of adding one:

I think that technology simply isn't capable of being more accurate/accurate enough in comparison to the umpires on the ground...
Even if I do use technology exclusively to judge their decisions as good or bad.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
- All Aussies are rascists.

- All Sub continental players and teams are moaners and whiners

- Anyone who suggests McGrath may be past his best is an Aussie hater.

- Anyone who suggests tendulkar may have passed his peak, is biased, or is a Pakistani (which means the same thing).

- The current icons are the best followed by those of the 70's and 80's,
followed by those of the post WW2.
followed by those in the period between the wars and
those before the first world war and in the late 19th century had there reputations built on terrible bowling and worse batting .

Medicority masqueraded as greatness then.

- The oldest players Trumper Grace etc were the best andfollowed by Hobbs and company, folowed by Bradmans contemporaries and the current lot have inflated averages (and bank accounts) due to better equipment, better wickets, too many weak sides.

Mediocrity masquerades as greatness today.

Last edited:

nikhil1772

State Vice-Captain
SJS said:
- All Aussies are rascists.

- All Sub continental players and teams are moaners and whiners

- Anyone who suggests McGrath may be past his best is an Aussie hater.

- Anyone who suggests tendulkar may have passed his peak, is biased, or is a Pakistani (which means the same thing).

- The current icons are the best followed by those of the 70's and 80's,
followed by those of the post WW2.
followed by those in the period between the wars and
those before the first world war and in the late 19th century had there reputations built on terrible bowling and worse batting .

Medicority masqueraded as greatness then.

- The oldest players Trumper Grace etc were the best andfollowed by Hobbs and company, folowed by Bradmans contemporaries and the current lot have inflated averages (and bank accounts) due to better equipment, better wickets, too many weak sides.

Mediocrity masquerades as greatness today.
I'd like to argue in a very tinnie winnie kinda way against the above post...

The first two lines of it...you could have said 'Most of the...' instead of 'All...'
hurts some sentiments dont you think?

Scallywag

Banned
nikhil1772 said:

The first two lines of it...you could have said 'Most of the...' instead of 'All...'
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
nikhil1772 said:

NO. It has to be all !!

We the Morons of the CW do not yield to anyone as far as the strength of our convictions go.

Most of, somewhat, almost are words used by people who do not know there stuff and just think !!

We the M's of the CW do not think....we know !! :sleep:

nikhil1772

State Vice-Captain
SJS said:
NO. It has to be all !!

We the Morons of the CW do not yield to anyone as far as the strength of our convictions go.

Most of, somewhat, almost are words used by people who do not know there stuff and just think !!

We the M's of the CW do not think....we know !! :sleep:
The last line...I agree

The second-last line...totally disagree....sorry but I must say you like all of us can be a real moron sometimes (and I aint referring only as in M's of CW)...

So I guess you are normal too :D