Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 186

Thread: I am a CW moron !!

  1. #1
    SJS
    SJS is offline
    Hall of Fame Member SJS's Avatar
    Virus 2 Champion!
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Mumbai India
    Posts
    19,255

    I am a CW moron !!

    I am a CW moron !!....
    want to know why ?

    1. I think Tendulkar is highly over rated ....
    becuase by saying so I dont have to stretch much to prove why Lara (or my other presiding deity) is the next thing to God almighty.

    2. I think Lara is highly over rated....
    because it somehow refutes the claim of those who claim that Tendulkar is.

    3. I think Murali is a cheat....
    because it clearly states the case for Warne being the greatest spinner on the planet.

    4. I think Warne is no where near being the best leg spinner of all times....
    because that somehow justifies the claim of Murali in the all time world team.

    Q5. I think those who say Shoaib should cut down his run up or run in slowly building up speed have air between their ears ....
    because to me it sounds like they are criticising Shoaib, his bowling, his attitude, his being a Pakistani, maybe even his parentage.

    Q6. I think those who disagree with me on anything dont know anything about the game....
    because I say so !!


    you are all invited to add to this list
    Last edited by SJS; 05-02-2005 at 11:21 PM.

  2. #2
    Cricketer Of The Year JASON's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    At Work
    Posts
    7,558
    Well said, SJS.

    There are quite a few who come onto this forum with the exact attitude you have so beautifully portrayed.

    They don't seem to get it into their head that every one is entitled to their opinion, and just because you disagree with their opinion doesn't mean you become enemies for life and start battles with them where ever possible.

    Only a brilliant Statesman like you would create a thread like this so other forum members can (particularly those not used to arguing and having open minds on comments posted by others) learn how interaction should take place in a forum without becoming moronic !!

    I urge everyone to read the previous post by SJS and learn from it.
    You can have a decent argument and discussion without belittling those who disagree with you or resorting to name calling to get ahead in a discussion!!
    Last edited by JASON; 05-02-2005 at 11:30 PM.

  3. #3
    Virat Kohli (c) Jono's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    54,585
    LMAO! Top post
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

    Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

  4. #4
    International Coach biased indian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    office
    Posts
    11,008
    well said
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
    RIP Craigos


  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Toronto, Pali Hill-Bombay
    Posts
    2,535
    Great thread..

  6. #6
    State Vice-Captain BlackCap_Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Auckland,N.Z
    Posts
    1,392
    Nice. Excellent thread.

    I think Ponting is a better captain than Fleming... It's dead obvious; you'd have to be a low witted dolt not to realize this. Ponting has, with Australia, has beaten Fleming X times out of XX, despite the obvious fact that he has a better team than Fleming. You don't need to be a genius to see this one.

    [/Biase]
    Batsman for Cricketweb Blue
    Stats:
    --------M-----I----N.O---Runs---Average---50's--100's--HS
    OD: -62---56----15-----1342----32.73-----10------0-------99 (seriously)
    FC: --40---77-----8------2067----29.96-----12------2-----120


    RIP Fardin 1990-2006

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,912
    Because the umpire is a cheat

    Everytime Australia win its because the umpires never give them out.


  8. #8
    Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    Posts
    37,156
    Quote Originally Posted by biased indian
    well said
    Love your avatar!...

    Good thread by the way,lol
    Parmi | #1 draft pick | Jake King is **** | Big Bash League tipping champion of the universe
    Come and Paint Turtle
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Kohli. Do something in test cricket for once please.

    Thanks.

  9. #9
    Hall of Fame Member honestbharani's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Chennai
    Posts
    15,694
    Ponting is the champion of champions.......



    U can add that. BTW, awesome thread. WEll said.
    We miss you, Fardin. :(. RIP.
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    In the end, I think it's so utterly, incomprehensibly boring. There is so much context behind each innings of cricket that dissecting statistics into these small samples is just worthless. No-one has ever been faced with the same situation in which they come out to bat as someone else. Ever.
    A cricket supporter forever

    Member of CW Red and AAAS - Appreciating only the best.


    Check out this awesome e-fed:

    PWE Efed

  10. #10
    International Captain Slow Love™'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    6,080
    Well done, SJS, it's a brave man to come out of the closet like that. Many of us have had more than enough of your relentless Tendulkar and Warne bashing.

    I DO have some sympathy with Q5 though.

    "Youre known for having a liking for men who look like women."
    - Linda

    "FFS I'm sick and tired of having to see a bloke bend over to pick something up or lean over and see their arse crack. For christ's sake pull your pants up or buy some underpants you bogan because nobody want's to see it. And this is a boat building shed (well one of them) not a porn studio."
    - Craig

  11. #11
    SJS
    SJS is offline
    Hall of Fame Member SJS's Avatar
    Virus 2 Champion!
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Mumbai India
    Posts
    19,255
    Quote Originally Posted by Slow Love™
    Well done, SJS, it's a brave man to come out of the closet like that. Many of us have had more than enough of your relentless Tendulkar and Warne bashing.

    I DO have some sympathy with Q5 though.

    Thanks. for all you say.

    But Tendulkar and Warne bashing did you say ??
    And if you read carefuly, I am not talking of criticising or expressing a particular opinion but for doing so for dubious reasons.

    Thanks all the same for your valued comments

  12. #12
    International Captain Slow Love™'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    6,080
    Quote Originally Posted by SJS
    Thanks. for all you say.

    But Tendulkar and Warne bashing did you say ??
    And if you read carefuly, I am not talking of criticising or expressing a particular opinion but for doing so for dubious reasons.

    Thanks all the same for your valued comments
    It was a joke, SJS. (If you read your post a certain way...) I've NEVER seen you bash Tendulkar OR Warne - I actually threw that in there to make it even clearer that it WAS a joke. Sometimes humor can be a deadly weapon, but I thought the tongue emoticon would cover it.

    No offence was intended, mate.

  13. #13
    SJS
    SJS is offline
    Hall of Fame Member SJS's Avatar
    Virus 2 Champion!
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Mumbai India
    Posts
    19,255
    Quote Originally Posted by Slow Love™
    It was a joke, SJS. (If you read your post a certain way...) I've NEVER seen you bash Tendulkar OR Warne - I actually threw that in there to make it even clearer that it WAS a joke. Sometimes humor can be a deadly weapon, but I thought the tongue emoticon would cover it.

    No offence was intended, mate.
    I shoul;d have sen it. Coming from youof all the [people it caught me by surprise. All the more reason, I should have seen it.

    No its fine.

    How about adding one of your own

  14. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,912
    Subcontinent players have more pressure


  15. #15
    International Captain Slow Love™'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    6,080
    Quote Originally Posted by SJS
    I shoul;d have sen it. Coming from youof all the [people it caught me by surprise. All the more reason, I should have seen it.

    No its fine.

    How about adding one of your own
    I'm glad we cleared that up - you should have seen the horror on my face when I read your initial response!

    The only thing that jumps immediately to mind in terms of adding one:

    I think that technology simply isn't capable of being more accurate/accurate enough in comparison to the umpires on the ground...
    Even if I do use technology exclusively to judge their decisions as good or bad.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •