cricket betting betway blog banner small
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ***best Bowlers***

International Debutant Natman20's Avatar

***best Bowlers***

Whos the best performing bowlers in the last couple of years

State Vice-Captain Right arm fast's Avatar
    pollock mcgrath harmison ect basically the guys on the test and odi rankingds
    CW Red

like gillespie
    Jason Gillespie = Best Bowler and Batsman of South Australia
    CW Record Stats http://forum.cricketweb.net/showthread.php?t=23910

C_C
    Muralitharan first, daylight second,McGrath third.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by C_C
    Muralitharan first, daylight second,McGrath third.
    Just because McGrath has a higher batting average and a lower bowling average than Murali over the last two years it makes sense that Murali would be the better bowler.

C_C
    Just because McGrath has a higher batting average and a lower bowling average than Murali over the last two years it makes sense that Murali would be the better bowler.
    batting average is utterly irrelevant.

As per bowling average,
    McGrath for the last two years:

Matches: 15
    Wickets : 59
    Average: 21.23
    B-B: 8-24
    5-fer: 2
    10-fer: -
    Strike Rate: 53.8

Murali for the last two years:

Matches: 13
    Wickets : 95
    Average: 19.83
    B-B: 7-46
    5-fer: 8
    10-fer: 2
    Strike Rate: 52.40

---------------------

As you can see, Murali leads McGrath in EVERY category bar best bowling analysis for an innings.

Like i said, over the last couple of years, its Murali first, daylight second, McGrath third.

C_C
    I guess that shuts up the rascal.

Shaun Maclean
    USA Today finds that 3 out of 4 people make 75% of the population.

Hall of Fame Member chaminda_00's Avatar
    I actually think Mcgarth is better his record against top batsmen is better then Murali, espically Lara. Their records against Tendulkar are about the same, but i don't think there is a bowler was has really got it over Tendulkar.
    The man, the mountain, the Mathews. The greatest all rounder since Keith Miller. (Y)

Jaffna Jets CC (Battrick & FTP)

RIP WCC and CW Cricket

Member of the MSC, JMAS and CVAAS

Mick Lewis

C_C
    I actually think Mcgarth is better his record against top batsmen is better then Murali, espically Lara. Their records against Tendulkar are about the same, but i don't think there is a bowler was has really got it over Tendulkar.
    mmmm i disagree.
    Lara played murali very well but one or two candidates dont really sway it.
    plus dont forget, murali has no support to speak of- not the callibre McGrath has anyways.
    For the last 5-6 years, its Murali all the way.

Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    mmmm i disagree.
    Lara played murali very well but one or two candidates dont really sway it.
    plus dont forget, murali has no support to speak of- not the callibre McGrath has anyways.
    For the last 5-6 years, its Murali all the way.
    Wouldnt that also work against Mcgrath? because Murali doesnt have other quality bowlers to 'take' wickets away from him, whereas McGrath has 3 others
    Parmi | #1 draft pick | Jake King is **** | Big Bash League tipping champion of the universe
    Come and Paint Turtle
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Kohli. Do something in test cricket for once please.

Thanks.

C_C
    Wouldnt that also work against Mcgrath? because Murali doesnt have other quality bowlers to 'take' wickets away from him, whereas McGrath has 3 others
    Logically, the difference between two equally good bowlers with one operating in a great attack and another being a lone warrior should be this:

The one in the better attack should have lower wicket/match ratio but better average and strike rates and less # (or frequency) of five-fers and 10-fers.

Reason being, if you operate in a better attack, you have more competition for the wickets but batsmen do not have the luxury of seeing you off and the sustained pressure means lower aggregate scores (ie, a team will more likely fold for lower scores against a better attack than an inferior attack).
    Since average is runs scored/wickets taken, bowlers in a better attack should have lower averages and in most cases, strike rates.

However, Murali leads McGrath in categories where he should lead as well as in categories that McGrath should lead....over the last few years that is.
    Therefore, i conclude that Murali has been far better than McGrath over the past few years.

Also, for a spinner to boast an average of less than 23 in the days of professional cricket is simply unreal.

Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    Logically, the difference between two equally good bowlers with one operating in a great attack and another being a lone warrior should be this:

The one in the better attack should have lower wicket/match ratio but better average and strike rates and less # (or frequency) of five-fers and 10-fers.

Reason being, if you operate in a better attack, you have more competition for the wickets but batsmen do not have the luxury of seeing you off and the sustained pressure means lower aggregate scores (ie, a team will more likely fold for lower scores against a better attack than an inferior attack).
    Since average is runs scored/wickets taken, bowlers in a better attack should have lower averages and in most cases, strike rates.

However, Murali leads McGrath in categories where he should lead as well as in categories that McGrath should lead....over the last few years that is.
    Therefore, i conclude that Murali has been far better than McGrath over the past few years.

Also, for a spinner to boast an average of less than 23 in the days of professional cricket is simply unreal.
    I know all that stuff so theres no point stating the obvious, what i would like to see however, is their ODI record over the couple of years, would make for interesting reading me thinks...

Im not arguing that muralie has been a better bowler, im simply saying that its not as 'clear cut' as you think, its not like he is miles and miles ahead like you described..

C_C
    I know all that stuff so theres no point stating the obvious, what i would like to see however, is their ODI record over the couple of years, would make for interesting reading me thinks...
    Well i dont care much about pyjama cricket unless its the world cup or some ICC championship or whatever....
    but feel free to debate this from the ODI angle.

Im not arguing that muralie has been a better bowler, im simply saying that its not as 'clear cut' as you think, its not like he is miles and miles ahead like you described..
    well when you lead in every single category but one, its pretty comprehensive, i would say.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information