cricket betting betway blog banner small
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What is all the hype about Ryder?

State Vice-Captain
    I think they are both connected. You don't get dropped from a state team when you been scoring that amount of runs for no reason

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
    His attitude and drinking problems are over hyped.
    Hehehe. Interesting thread really, and recent events have brought the same question(s) back.
    Or something.

RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990 - 15/4/2006

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Heh. Tamara, Matt and bryce. 1000+ posts. All gone. Blakey. Less than 200 posts. Still around.

Ain't CW a funny thing.

Either way, class discovery\dig BTW.
    RD
    Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourth
    (Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
    chris.hinton: h
    FRAZ: Arshad's are a long gone stories
    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006

State Vice-Captain
    I'm a grafter.

Ryder ponders giving-up alcohol.

That article paints a somewhat worrying picture TBH, if things are as bad as it suggests they're a little worse than I'd imagined. I'd always thought he was a bit of a silly lad who enjoyed a good night out rather too much, but by the looks of things his problems are rather worse than that.

Something of a sorry picture:

Let's hope that maybe this might be the sort of short sharp shock that sometimes jolts people like Ryder to their senses.

Rocked up to Ireland as a self proclaimed "Bad Boy".

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post

That article paints a somewhat worrying picture TBH, if things are as bad as it suggests they're a little worse than I'd imagined. I'd always thought he was a bit of a silly lad who enjoyed a good night out rather too much, but by the looks of things his problems are rather worse than that.

Let's hope that maybe this might be the sort of short sharp shock that sometimes jolts people like Ryder to their senses.
    He sounds a bit like me. But I'm not representing my country......oh sh!t, wait a minute.......

Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post

Gee...he doesn't look like he's got attitude

Is he from the loins of Craig McMillan?
    R.I.P Craigos, you were a champion bloke. One of the best

R.I.P Fardin 'Bob' Qayyumi

Member of the Church of the Holy Glenn McGrath

"How about you do something contstructive in this forum for once and not fill the forum with ****. You offer nothing." - theegyptian.

"There's more chance of SoC making a good post than Smith averaging 99.95." - Furball

"**** you're such a **** poster." - Furball

Looks like he's eyeing up a Heineken on the bar at the back of the room.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Top_Cat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Rocked up to Ireland as a self proclaimed "Bad Boy".
    Or didn't, as events unfolded.

Problem with personalities like Ryder is that while the fans love him and he's entertaining to watch, his sort is poisonous for team morale. KP is a similar personality in terms of over-confidence but also has the performances to back up the mouth. If you're arrogant but aren't performing, the rest of team would rather be without you. You just know that the rest of the NZ team knew this would happen eventually. Ryder looks like a pretty talented player but, as Pakistan has shown for many years, a squad full of talented players doesn't guarantee success if the playing group isn't a team.

International Coach PhoenixFire's Avatar
    Curveball Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat View Post
    Or didn't, as events unfolded.

Problem with personalities like Ryder is that while the fans love him and he's entertaining to watch, his sort is poisonous for team morale. KP is a similar personality in terms of over-confidence but also has the performances to back up the mouth. If you're arrogant but aren't performing, the rest of team would rather be without you. You just know that the rest of the NZ team knew this would happen eventually. Ryder looks like a pretty talented player but, as Pakistan has shown for many years, a squad full of talented players doesn't guarantee success if the playing group isn't a team.
    Pietersen is a different sort of arrogant to Ryder though, Pietersen IMO, seems to be a really nice bloke, Ryder, does not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat View Post
    1) Had double pneumonia as a kid, as did my twin sis. Doctors told my parents to pray that we lived through the night. Dad said **** off, I'm an atheist, you ****s better save my kids, etc. Then prayed anyway.

International Captain Pup Clarke's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixFire View Post
    Pietersen IMO, seems to be a really nice bloke
    ITSTL
    Proud member of the Twenty20 is boring society

E-Mail - liamhowgate@yahoo.co.uk
    MSN - liamhowgate@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixFire View Post
    Pietersen is a different sort of arrogant to Ryder though, Pietersen IMO, seems to be a really nice bloke, Ryder, does not.
    Certainly I've long thought Pietersen is victim to stereotypes, victim of people who simply look for labels to stick on a player (selfish\self-centred being one of the most popular choices of course), who number many and go for many players (Jacques Kallis is another example of one of the most unfairly victimised).

As for Ryder, I'd not really want to comment on his niceness - to me, he simply looks not very smart. And people who aren't very smart do sometimes get themselves into trouble the way Ryder seems to have been doing nothing but the last 4 or 5 years. And of course, people like Ryder can be helped, but they have to want to be helped, and have to do something to help themselves.

Trouble is, I have to question whether Ryder is unhappy enough with the way things have been hitherto to want it to change. That's why I say there's a smidgen of hope this might be a bigger jolt than he's ever had before.

Cricket Spectator
    I have heard that he has a lucrative darts career lines up when he finally gets thrown out of cricket. Or else he will pray for rain http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiT0kJ-POBw

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend NZTailender's Avatar
    Interesting spam itbt.
    President of SKAS - Kat is King | Proud member of CVAAS - One of the best | LRPLTAS - Rosco rocks!
    Go Tigers!
    R.I.P. Fardin & Craig

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information