Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: India-Pak tour: Pakistan squad

  1. #1
    State Regular
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Tamil Nadu
    Posts
    964

    India-Pak tour: Pakistan squad

    Squad for test matches.

    I think there will be some changes, some new faces, and some forrgotten cricketers being recalled. I think the squad will be like this

    Test Squad

    -Salman Butt
    -Faisal Athar (the best batter in Pak's domestic cricket, is almost assured of a place in test team)
    -Younis Khan
    -Inzi
    -Youhanna
    -Asim
    -Akmal
    -Sami
    -Akhtar (hopefully for Pak he will make it)
    -Danish
    -Shahid Nazeer (A pacer who last played in 1999. Has been the best pacer at domestic cricket and is a strong contender)

    -Malik
    -Hameed
    -Arshad Khan (a forgotten offspinner, stands a good chance of recall even though he's very ordinary bowler)
    -Rana Naveed
    -Mohd Asif/Khalil/Razzak (i would go for Asif).

    Others that can be chosen are Afridi( Has a good record against India and happens to be a spinner in Pak team lacking spin bowlers) and Taufeeq Umer.




    One Day team

    -Butt
    -Faisal(if he doesn't fare well in test matches then Umer will replace him)
    -Malik
    -Inzi
    -Youhanna
    -Akmal
    _Razzak
    -Afridi
    _Akhtar
    -Sami
    -Naveed

    -Younis Khan
    -Hameed
    -Shahid Nazeer
    -Khalil

    Azhar Mahmood stands little chance of making it, someone like Yasir Arafat (a promissing allrounder) might get the nod.

    Danish will probably again be ignored for onedayers.
    ------------------------------------

  2. #2
    Banned wahindiawah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    779
    Quote Originally Posted by Choora
    Squad for test matches.

    I think there will be some changes, some new faces, and some forrgotten cricketers being recalled. I think the squad will be like this

    Test Squad

    -Salman Butt
    -Faisal Athar (the best batter in Pak's domestic cricket, is almost assured of a place in test team)
    -Younis Khan
    -Inzi
    -Youhanna
    -Asim
    -Akmal
    -Sami
    -Akhtar (hopefully for Pak he will make it)
    -Danish
    -Shahid Nazeer (A pacer who last played in 1999. Has been the best pacer at domestic cricket and is a strong contender)

    -Malik
    -Hameed
    -Arshad Khan (a forgotten offspinner, stands a good chance of recall even though he's very ordinary bowler)
    -Rana Naveed
    -Mohd Asif/Khalil/Razzak (i would go for Asif).

    Others that can be chosen are Afridi( Has a good record against India and happens to be a spinner in Pak team lacking spin bowlers) and Taufeeq Umer.



    .
    Who is Shahid Nazeer ? never seen him b/f. Are you taking about Imran Nazeer, if so then the guy is a opening batter and not a fast bowler that you are claiming to be.And i don't think I Nazir will be called back.

    Faisal Athar might be talented batsman but is inexperianced so he will probably won't be considered.Arshad Khan is crap, no point playing him atall, better stick to Danish and Afridi for spin.

  3. #3
    State Regular
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Tamil Nadu
    Posts
    964
    Quote Originally Posted by wahindiawah
    Who is Shahid Nazeer ? never seen him b/f. Are you taking about Imran Nazeer, if so then the guy is a opening batter and not a fast bowler that you are claiming to be.And i don't think I Nazir will be called back.
    .
    I'm not talking about Imran nazeer, i'm talking about Shahid Nazeer, a medium fast bowler who last played for Pak in 99/00.The guy was decent pacer but nothing special and in a team with W's and back up bowlers like Mohd Akram and Mohd Zahid, he wasn't able to maintain his place in the team.
    Since he has been the best bowler at dometic level, here are chances that he should be recalled.

    Faisal Athar might be talented batsman but is inexperianced so he will probably won't be considered
    And how much experianced was Salman Butt b/f the current tour? Not much right, he had played a test an couple onedayers yet was included for such a difficult tour.
    Faisal has played a test before and has been the leading batsman in both format of cricket at dometic level.Certainly he deserve a chance.

  4. #4
    Banned wahindiawah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    779
    Quote Originally Posted by Choora
    I'm not talking about Imran nazeer, i'm talking about Shahid Nazeer, a medium fast bowler who last played for Pak in 99/00.The guy was decent pacer but nothing special and in a team with W's and back up bowlers like Mohd Akram and Mohd Zahid, he wasn't able to maintain his place in the team.
    Since he has been the best bowler at dometic level, here are chances that he should be recalled.
    Whoever the guy might be, history shows that such comebacks are rarely successful. No point in giving chance to tried and tested failures.

    And how much experianced was Salman Butt b/f the current tour? Not much right, he had played a test an couple onedayers yet was included for such a difficult tour.
    Faisal has played a test before and has been the leading batsman in both format of cricket at dometic level.Certainly he deserve a chance.
    Just coz Salman got selected for Australia doesn't mean that every new player can be selected for an important & tense tour.Besides Salman performance doesn't make his selection entirely correct.


  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Toronto, Pali Hill-Bombay
    Posts
    2,535
    Can't we put all this 1 thread, so many threads for this tour

  6. #6
    International Regular bryce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Hamilton,NZ
    Posts
    3,370
    although i've heard he's been in great form in county cricket, azhar mahmood has been very, very unpenatrive with the ball for a while now in internationals and IMO should have no future in the pakistani set-up
    ODI XI to match the best
    1.Ryder
    2.McCullum+
    3.Guptill
    4.Taylor
    5.Broom
    6.Oram
    7.Elliott
    8.Vettori*
    9.Mills
    10.Southee
    11.Bond
    ringaz_ride@hotmail.com
    To answer your question, yes
    Thanks?
    METEORIC RISE ?

  7. #7
    Banned vandemataram's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Mumbai
    Posts
    658
    Quote Originally Posted by bryce
    although i've heard he's been in great form in county cricket, azhar mahmood has been very, very unpenatrive with the ball for a while now in internationals and IMO should have no future in the pakistani set-up
    When he was good he wasn't considered for selection, and now when he's over the hill, he is being given chance, this is puzzling!!!



Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. World's Best Young Talent
    By Fred Jr in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 120
    Last Post: 16-02-2007, 10:48 AM
  2. pakistan vs india
    By cricket player in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 28-01-2005, 07:27 AM
  3. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 09-01-2005, 09:36 AM
  4. Tour to india!
    By brockley in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 27-07-2004, 10:28 AM
  5. Pakistan vs India
    By Gotchya in forum World Cup 2003
    Replies: 70
    Last Post: 05-03-2003, 03:22 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •