• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

India-Pak tour: Pakistan squad

Choora

State Regular
Squad for test matches.

I think there will be some changes, some new faces, and some forrgotten cricketers being recalled. I think the squad will be like this

Test Squad

-Salman Butt
-Faisal Athar (the best batter in Pak's domestic cricket, is almost assured of a place in test team)
-Younis Khan
-Inzi
-Youhanna
-Asim
-Akmal
-Sami
-Akhtar (hopefully for Pak he will make it)
-Danish
-Shahid Nazeer (A pacer who last played in 1999. Has been the best pacer at domestic cricket and is a strong contender)

-Malik
-Hameed
-Arshad Khan (a forgotten offspinner, stands a good chance of recall even though he's very ordinary bowler)
-Rana Naveed
-Mohd Asif/Khalil/Razzak (i would go for Asif).

Others that can be chosen are Afridi( Has a good record against India and happens to be a spinner in Pak team lacking spin bowlers) and Taufeeq Umer.

One Day team

-Butt
-Faisal(if he doesn't fare well in test matches then Umer will replace him)
-Malik
-Inzi
-Youhanna
-Akmal
_Razzak
-Afridi
_Akhtar
-Sami
-Naveed

-Younis Khan
-Hameed
-Shahid Nazeer
-Khalil

Azhar Mahmood stands little chance of making it, someone like Yasir Arafat (a promissing allrounder) might get the nod.

Danish will probably again be ignored for onedayers.

wahindiawah

Banned
Choora said:
Squad for test matches.

I think there will be some changes, some new faces, and some forrgotten cricketers being recalled. I think the squad will be like this

Test Squad

-Salman Butt
-Faisal Athar (the best batter in Pak's domestic cricket, is almost assured of a place in test team)
-Younis Khan
-Inzi
-Youhanna
-Asim
-Akmal
-Sami
-Akhtar (hopefully for Pak he will make it)
-Danish
-Shahid Nazeer (A pacer who last played in 1999. Has been the best pacer at domestic cricket and is a strong contender)

-Malik
-Hameed
-Arshad Khan (a forgotten offspinner, stands a good chance of recall even though he's very ordinary bowler)
-Rana Naveed
-Mohd Asif/Khalil/Razzak (i would go for Asif).

Others that can be chosen are Afridi( Has a good record against India and happens to be a spinner in Pak team lacking spin bowlers) and Taufeeq Umer.

Who is Shahid Nazeer ? never seen him b/f. Are you taking about Imran Nazeer, if so then the guy is a opening batter and not a fast bowler that you are claiming to be.And i don't think I Nazir will be called back.

Faisal Athar might be talented batsman but is inexperianced so he will probably won't be considered.Arshad Khan is crap, no point playing him atall, better stick to Danish and Afridi for spin.

Choora

State Regular
wahindiawah said:
Who is Shahid Nazeer ? never seen him b/f. Are you taking about Imran Nazeer, if so then the guy is a opening batter and not a fast bowler that you are claiming to be.And i don't think I Nazir will be called back.
I'm not talking about Imran nazeer, i'm talking about Shahid Nazeer, a medium fast bowler who last played for Pak in 99/00.The guy was decent pacer but nothing special and in a team with W's and back up bowlers like Mohd Akram and Mohd Zahid, he wasn't able to maintain his place in the team.
Since he has been the best bowler at dometic level, here are chances that he should be recalled.

Faisal Athar might be talented batsman but is inexperianced so he will probably won't be considered
And how much experianced was Salman Butt b/f the current tour? Not much right, he had played a test an couple onedayers yet was included for such a difficult tour.
Faisal has played a test before and has been the leading batsman in both format of cricket at dometic level.Certainly he deserve a chance.

wahindiawah

Banned
Choora said:
I'm not talking about Imran nazeer, i'm talking about Shahid Nazeer, a medium fast bowler who last played for Pak in 99/00.The guy was decent pacer but nothing special and in a team with W's and back up bowlers like Mohd Akram and Mohd Zahid, he wasn't able to maintain his place in the team.
Since he has been the best bowler at dometic level, here are chances that he should be recalled.
Whoever the guy might be, history shows that such comebacks are rarely successful. No point in giving chance to tried and tested failures.

And how much experianced was Salman Butt b/f the current tour? Not much right, he had played a test an couple onedayers yet was included for such a difficult tour.
Faisal has played a test before and has been the leading batsman in both format of cricket at dometic level.Certainly he deserve a chance.
Just coz Salman got selected for Australia doesn't mean that every new player can be selected for an important & tense tour.Besides Salman performance doesn't make his selection entirely correct.

bryce

International Regular
although i've heard he's been in great form in county cricket, azhar mahmood has been very, very unpenatrive with the ball for a while now in internationals and IMO should have no future in the pakistani set-up

bryce said:
although i've heard he's been in great form in county cricket, azhar mahmood has been very, very unpenatrive with the ball for a while now in internationals and IMO should have no future in the pakistani set-up
When he was good he wasn't considered for selection, and now when he's over the hill, he is being given chance, this is puzzling!!!