• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** India v Pakistan

Sehwag309

Banned
Pitch is as such, this place has so many draws, ...in no time india is 70-0, no winder pak no.7/8 (their strength) took the game away

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Much as there are more than a few negatives for the Indian side, the partnership of Sehwag and Gambhir is definitely one of the better things that has happened for the team. Both take turns in attacking, rotate the strike and run well between wickets. Unconventional, but effective, and they deserve a very long run if the Indians should win more Tests and should also play a lot of ODI's. That said, the Indians need different captains on and off the field. With 4 wickets for 160, has Kumble run out of steam?

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
What a come back from Pakistan, i thought that game was all over after Inzi got out yesterday. What an innings from Karman, didn't think he had it in him after watching him in Australia. I can see why they open the batting with him in ODIs. Pakistan really need to find a good opening combination cus they showed this test that they have an middle/lower order as good as anyone, bar Australia. A good opening combination would allow them to compete more consintently on the Test Arena

I have to say that was a pretty crap pitch only 30 wickets in 5 Days. IMO that is worse then a track like the one that was used in the 4th Test between Australia and India.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I dunno about this draw being a win for Pak.......... I mean, sure, they had done EXCELLENTLY well to get a draw, but if you look at the overall picture, India were in the ascendency for four days and after the third day, always looked like the only side who could win this game. Sure, Pakistan can AND SHOULD take a lot of positive feelings about this fightback, but it would be in their best interests to keep in mind that India were still the better side in this match, albeit by a small margin. If they can be that honest about themselves, they can pose serious questions to India in the remaining tests, although much will depend on their ability to handle Harbhajan and Kumble in bouncier and relatively faster tracks.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
On another note, I think Sourav, Sachin and Laxman and even Sehwag should take a hard look at themselves and the way they batted during the 2nd and 3rd sessions of day 3......... To score only 50 runs off 30 overs in this track is inexcusable, esp. for top order batters, regardless of how good the bowling was. And as well as Kaneria bowled, I don't think they were THAT good.

And Kaneria, even though he is really good, I think he needs to get a little more positive as a leggie because at the moment, I think really good players can play him away easily on a normal track. He should give a bit more loop and be prepared to purchase wickets if he wants to become a match winning spinner like Murali and Warne. Sure, he may get tonked around every now and then, but he will also run through sides every now and then. I think that is the reason everytime he has taken a fifer against one of the better sides, he has always given away more than 100.

Tony Blade

U19 Cricketer
Define 'more positive' and what constitutes a normal track? If anything this track was heavily in the favour of batsmen.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Normal track meaning where the ball won't stop as much as in this one and one where the pace is quicker off the track than this one, where we saw guys like Gambhir play Kaneria's deliveries by reading them off the track, even though he was bowling at a brisk speed (by spinners' standards). I juz think that by flighting the ball more, he will be able to defeat even top batters, guys like Martyn, who played him with aplomb at Sydney where the leg spinners were having a ball. He was mostly hanging back and because Kaneria tends to bowl an offstump line, he was leaving a lot of deliveries and even if he did play them, they tend to turn so much that they comfortably beat the bat. I remember Prasanna saying similar stuff about Mushtaq Ahmed at his peak during a Pakistani tour of England. I am juz suggesting ways where he can be deadlier.

shoot_me

School Boy/Girl Captain
this draw's going to do a world of good for Pakistan and boost their confidence while putting the Indians in a negative mindset. Kamran Akmal has impressed me more than anyone else. I think Pakistan should nurture him because he has the makings of a superstar keeper-batsman. I don thave words to describe his innings.

And way to go India--I thought I was about to witness one test where you didn't do something stupid and give away the game, but you've proved me wrong. Keep it up.

Last edited:

Swervy

International Captain
shoot_me said:
this win's going to do a world of good for Pakistan and boost their confidence while putting the Indians in a negative mindset. Kamran Akmal has impressed me more than anyone else. I think Pakistan should nurture him because he has the makings of a superstar keeper-batsman. I don thave words to describe his innings.

And way to go India--I thought I was about to witness one test where you didn't do something stupid and give away the game, but you've proved me wrong. Keep it up.
it was a draw

mofo123

U19 12th Man
firstly well done to middle order for standing up when being called on, and secondly Changes for the next test.

taufeeq out...AFRIDI in now hold up ur thinking ive gone mad i havent! its gonna b a turning wicket, this guy can chuck spinners down and this guy can bat...

rana out arshad in...rana did well but 3 spinners on a turning wicket in the second test (well thats wot the ranting has been abt, turning wickets comming up), razzaq and sami can open get the ball nice and rough let the spinners slowly get the top order out then get sami ad razzaq on to try and remove the tail.

Salman butt (this guy needs a long run dispite of a few bad innings give him time)
Shahid afridi
Younis khan
Inzamam-ul-haq
Yousuf youhana
Asim kamal
Abdul razzaq
Kamran akmal
Mohammad sami
Arshad khan/rana (depending on how things r looking, but i do doubt rana will b dropped)
Danish kaneria

mofo123

U19 12th Man
Youhanna said:
Well in Inzamam, Asim Kamal,Youhanna and Danish they have 4 players who knows how to play the game, the rest are just pathetic.

The difference between the two team is big, and i fear if Pakistan continue to perform poorly then even Indian fans would lose interest in Indo-Pak series (i don't think many would like to see one-sided matches)

I don't know why Razzak was played in the test match, someone like Shahid Nazeer who happen to be experianced and have been doing well at domestic level should have been in the team. Also i think Sami has been given enough chance, when Shabbir and Gul get fits then Sami should be shown the door.
i think razzaq proved y he shud have played in this match, lay off him he is indespensible for pak, no matter what u say, the coach and captain realise it and they knw a hell of a lot more then u. bowling side yes he could improve, and i think he will as far as batting dont think his place is up for grabs after that innings is it? and i wouldnt call salman butt pathetic, young man big match pressure got to him so what? he scored a century against the best attack in the world let him find his stead. younis khan he has proven over and over again he shudnt b dropped...ppl who continue to beat down on him after 1 bad match r just not looking at the bigger picture every1 has a bad match younis can bat, he is after yousuf and inzi the best bat we have look at his record that is enough for me. shabbir over sami? r u sure??? the guy who bowls 4 wides in a test? i dont knw y ppl say shabbir is so gud he really isnt sami is better...but he needs to b coached on intelliget bowling by sum1 like wasim or waqar...he doesnt think while bowling thats his down fall. gul shud deffo be in no dispute over that. anyway catch ya later

mofo123

U19 12th Man
Swervy said:
why...is it gonna rain tomorrow or something...coz if it doesnt and India dont win this, India really have missed a trick

India to win by tea
lol, easy tiger dont count ur eggs b4 they hatch

mofo123

U19 12th Man
FaaipDeOiad said:
Kaneria isn't much good, but Rana and Sami can certainly handle a bat better than most, and they have a decent pair in there now. I can't think of many other sides that have decent batsmen down to 10... maybe India and New Zealand when they are at full strength.
kaneria isnt much good?! r u totaly doo lally? his carrier stats out do warne at the same stage 23 matches warne had 97 wickets kaneria has 102 and now has 108 and will continue to out do him...wash ur mouth!

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
mofo123 said:
kaneria isnt much good?! r u totaly doo lally? his carrier stats out do warne at the same stage 23 matches warne had 97 wickets kaneria has 102 and now has 108 and will continue to out do him...wash ur mouth!
He was talking about batting abilities.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Do any of you think Nehra shoul make the XI in Kolkata? Maybe, since neither Zaheer nor Pathan seem to have the attack power to take wickets on pitches that offer them nothing, while Nehra was in form recently. Fielding is the only worry, though. Bhajji is most likely to return to support Kumble- how right the Nawab was!