Page 51 of 349 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast
Results 751 to 765 of 5226

Thread: **Official** India v Pakistan

  1. #751
    Virat Kohli (c) Jono's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    53,755
    Quote Originally Posted by duffer
    There's an association here called the Sports Fanatics here who managed to organise a feed at our Uni Bar. Great atmosphere there for the first day yesterday, had to work today so couldn't go and see Sehwag fire up. Shame but I'll be there tommorow.
    That's just fanfrickin'tastic. Not only to get the feed, but to have a huge atmosphere there for a non-Aussie game. Brilliant stuff, would have loved to be there.

    I think I can get live audio on Desi Radio on the net, but I don't think all of it is in English.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

    Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

  2. #752
    U19 12th Man
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    US
    Posts
    295
    sehwag dropped!?!...that's twice now. how many lives is he going to get?

  3. #753
    International Regular twctopcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    winchester, england
    Posts
    3,477
    Lol, pakistan obviously enjoy watching sehwag bat..........
    R.I.P Fardin Qayyumi (Cricket Player)

    'Last one on drugs is a queer,' yells portillo..
    Hope is a good thing, maybe even the best of things. And no good thing ever dies......
    Self appointed president of the KPPAS

  4. #754
    Cricketer Of The Year Arjun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Mumbai, India
    Posts
    8,295
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono
    Balaji ain't no world beater, but he's a much better option.
    Than whom? If it's JP Yadav or RS Sodhi, it's not much.
    "Talent is nothing without opportunity"
    "You're not remembered for aiming at the target, but hitting it"

    Twenty20 used to be boring.

    Sponsored...by...nothing!!!


  5. #755
    Cricketer Of The Year Arjun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Mumbai, India
    Posts
    8,295
    Quote Originally Posted by SJS
    Someone was suggesting this morning that we should drop him to include another bowler and get Karthick to open. We have such short memories
    And two more suggestions on Fourth Umpire-
    • "Why not play Parthiv as a specialist opener?" Only to watch him mess up yet another primary role
    • Play the in-form Kaif as an opener to keep him in the side" And make him out of form, real quick

  6. #756
    Virat Kohli (c) Jono's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    53,755
    Quote Originally Posted by Arjun
    Than whom? If it's JP Yadav or RS Sodhi, it's not much.
    Glad to see you've returned, I like how you only reply to that point of my whole post though. Obviously nothing to say regarding the rest?

    Could you please bad mouth Balaji some more so he can get another 5-for in the 2nd innings. You bring him luck.

  7. #757
    Hall of Fame Member FaaipDeOiad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    18,950
    Quote Originally Posted by duffer
    There's an association here called the Sports Fanatics here who managed to organise a feed at our Uni Bar. Great atmosphere there for the first day yesterday, had to work today so couldn't go and see Sehwag fire up. Shame but I'll be there tommorow.
    That's really cool. I'll have to look around and see if we have anything like that at USyd.

  8. #758
    Cricketer Of The Year Arjun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Mumbai, India
    Posts
    8,295
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono
    Glad to see you've returned, I like how you only reply to that point of my whole post though. Obviously nothing to say regarding the rest?

    Could you please bad mouth Balaji some more so he can get another 5-for in the 2nd innings. You bring him luck.
    I don't make him as lucky as the Pakistani batting side do- they bat without any temperament, any intelligence, any technique- no class, no reliability, no staying power- NOTHING to suggest that they can EVER win a tournament. Getting a 10-for against THIS batting side is no big deal- they've been rolled over for not too many quite often. Let him get more wickets cheaply against more steady, stable batting sides, who bat sensibly, such as that New Zealand side against whom he averages 183.

  9. #759
    Virat Kohli (c) Jono's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    53,755
    Hang on a tick, didn't you claim Balaji bowling well against Pakistan is a myth? Would you like me to quote that post again?

    Which is it, can he bowl well against Pakistan or not?

  10. #760
    Virat Kohli (c) Jono's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    53,755
    And regarding your comment about Balaji against New Zealand, that's the only other team he's played against!!! And that was well over a year ago on the most flat batting tracks you'll ever find. This thought may seem foreign to you, but players improve!

    But that doesn't matter hey? Bring on those 2nd string pace bowlers, despite Zaheer and Balaji bowling well, and Pathan having a good record against Pakistan. Who cares hey? Drop them all.

  11. #761
    Cricketer Of The Year Arjun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Mumbai, India
    Posts
    8,295
    Only now he's bowled well against Pakistan. But what difference does it make? Who doesn't bowl well against Pakistan? Never mind that double-left-footed batting side, how about getting more wickets against New Zealand and Australian FC sides instead? They're far, far better than this lot any day and they've made merry when they faced him.

  12. #762
    Cricketer Of The Year Arjun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Mumbai, India
    Posts
    8,295
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono
    And regarding your comment about Balaji against New Zealand, that's the only other team he's played against!!! And that was well over a year ago on the most flat batting tracks you'll ever find. This thought may seem foreign to you, but players improve!

    But that doesn't matter hey? Bring on those 2nd string pace bowlers, despite Zaheer and Balaji bowling well, and Pathan having a good record against Pakistan. Who cares hey? Drop them all.
    Players improve, but not if they complain so much about flat pitches. On that pitch, Tuffey and Butler bowled better than him- they had 8 wickets between them- on the very same flat pitch. After that series against NZ, he travelled to Australia, where he just took a wicket in every innings for over 100- against second-string FC sides. If he can finish a series abroad with an average under 28, he's an improved bowler.

  13. #763
    Virat Kohli (c) Jono's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    53,755
    Alright Mr Arjun. A five-for in Test cricket against a non-Bangladesh or Zimbabwe team means nothing, since this Pakistan batting team, including Inzamam Ul Haq and Yousuf Youhana are absolute garbage.

    I bow down to you, since you know it all in cricket. But If I have the honour of asking you one question, it will be this. Could you name your Indian team that should be playing Pakistan. For it would be a great privilege for you to inform me of that.

  14. #764
    SJS
    SJS is offline
    Hall of Fame Member SJS's Avatar
    Virus 2 Champion!
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Mumbai India
    Posts
    19,255
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono

    Could you please bad mouth Balaji some more so he can get another 5-for in the 2nd innings. You bring him luck.

  15. #765
    SJS
    SJS is offline
    Hall of Fame Member SJS's Avatar
    Virus 2 Champion!
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Mumbai India
    Posts
    19,255
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono
    Alright Mr Arjun. A five-for in Test cricket against a non-Bangladesh or Zimbabwe team means nothing, since this Pakistan batting team, including Inzamam Ul Haq and Yousuf Youhana are absolute garbage.

    I bow down to you, since you know it all in cricket. But If I have the honour of asking you one question, it will be this. Could you name your Indian team that should be playing Pakistan. For it would be a great privilege for you to inform me of that.
    From some of his past posts I can try to name some players that should come in.

    RS Sodhi
    Ramesh Powar
    MS Dhoni
    Yuvraj Singh
    SS Paul
    JP Yadav (I think)

    I will have to refer back for the rest.

    As for who to drop, take your pick

    Here are some more

    Munaf Patel
    Avishkar Salvi
    Amit Bhandari

    He wants a pace attack like this :-
    .
    Originally Posted by Arjun
    His bowling is debatable, but if he can improve his fielding, he can be a good selection. The attack will have a new facet- pace. This is what it may look like-

    Bhandari- Attacking swing bowler, who makes the batsmen play. Relies on swing.
    Pathan- More pace, can swing the ball
    Munaf- Explosive pace, to attack the batsmen, or make them come forward.
    Balaji/Salvi- Keep a tight line and length for a long time..
    Last edited by SJS; 09-03-2005 at 04:57 AM.



Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Which youngsters are better out of India and Pakistan?
    By masterblaster in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 04-03-2005, 10:33 AM
  2. Kenya Vs India A Vs Pakistan A
    By V Reddy in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 15-08-2004, 05:24 AM
  3. Replies: 22
    Last Post: 29-04-2004, 09:44 AM
  4. *Official* India in Australia Thread
    By Craig in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 2652
    Last Post: 08-01-2004, 07:00 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •