• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** India v Pakistan

pakster

U19 12th Man
Willing to take a bet on that ?

You name the odds .
Lucky for u, I dont gamble - My predictions are a sure thing.

what about a 5-0 ,3-0
I expect pakistan to fix at least 1 match :p

Did you honestly put Laxman... VVS Laxman, in the same league as Malik, Razzaq and Butt? What the hell?
Yup, thats exactly what I did. Dont get me wrong - Laxman's a decent batsman but assides from his 281 against australia, he has been somewhat of a liability in Indi'as middle order. In his last series against pak, he scored 29, 11, 13 and 71. I dont think he'll be much of a threat in this series.

And why even bring up Chopra and Yuvraj when they aren't even in the test team? They're reserves, and I doubt either of them will get a game.
So who would you like me to bring up instead? Gambhir? Karthick?...I was doing u a favour dude. At least one (probably 2) of gambhir, chopra, karthick or yuvraj will make it into the team.

u missed some one Rahul 'The Wall' Dravid
Duely noted, he will be the key batsman in India's batting lineup.

And Mr. 309 Sehwag
The thing with Sehwag is that he will always give you plenty of chances. If, (and its a bif IF) Pakistan can keep their fielding sharp, they are bound to entice him into playing an Afridi-esque shot which loops into the air and is caught by someone in the deep. He thrives on the pace of Shoaib, so it may be worthwhile to have someone like Shabbit (if fit) to bowl at him.

I think India can get out of the series without losing a test. That's not saying they won't, but its just a gut feeling
Just like its my gut feeling that Pakistan will win 2-0 and 4-1.

An easy series win for Pak is on the Horizon.

Sehwag309

Banned
Confident abt India in tests, ODI's - hardly

They have to play kaif and yujraj in both, they seem to be in very good touch

Dustbowls = Pitch to suit own country (just like green for Pak-remember)

And those dustbowls will help Kaneria too

Last edited:

Gangster

U19 12th Man
pakster said:
Just like its my gut feeling that Pakistan will win 2-0 and 4-1.

An easy series win for Pak is on the Horizon.
Would that be the same horizon where one would find your quote at the bottom of your posts to have come true? Because if so, then as an Indian supporter, I am unworried by your gut feelings.

Sehwag309

Banned
Gangster said:
Would that be the same horizon where one would find your quote at the bottom of your posts to have come true? Because if so, then as an Indian supporter, I am unworried by your gut feelings.
:D :D

adharcric

International Coach
india 2-0 in tests probably, pakistan 3-2 in odis (as some others have predicted already in this thread)

about razzaq and afridi hitting mcgrath and gillespie, thats not really worrisome because i was pretty sure they can hit any bowler in the death over when they're just going for big hits, considering the way afridi killed pathan in the champions trophy after everyone had relatively struggled against him while trying to play a settled innings .. but yeah afridi and razzaq are in form right now, hope they cool off:)

Sehwag309

Banned
My goodness, this is like the best predicted series I have ever seen

almost everyone is saying the same

India 2-0/2-1 Test, Pak 3-2 ODI's

Trust me, its gonna be totally different

cricket player

International Debutant
Sehwag309 said:
My goodness, this is like the best predicted series I have ever seen

almost everyone is saying the same

India 2-0/2-1 Test, Pak 3-2 ODI's

Trust me, its gonna be totally different
Trust me pakistan will win the odi series comfortably 8-) Although They may lack behind in test matches but I have feelings that pakistan might win the test series as well but considereing that they did poorly againts australia and was beatin in test serie in pakistan when india toured.

So my perdiction would go like that

odi: pakistan win 3 matches india wins 1

test match: india win 1 match pakistan win one match then the other one is draw. :dry:

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
The Indians SHOULD field a fresh and new ODI side, with Raina, Dhoni, Venugopal, RP Singh, Joginder and Powar playing a key role. Given the form of the ODI side, more or less unchanged (squad and results), they can afford to try them out.

adharcric

International Coach
I agree to an extent, but we can't get all of those guys in for this series ...

ODI Squad
V. Sehwag
S. Ganguly
R. Dravid
V. Laxman
M. Kaif
Y. Singh
batsman (S. Raina, V. Rao, S. Sriram, D. Mongia, D. Jadhav, G. Gambhir)
batsman (S. Raina, V. Rao, S. Sriram, D. Mongia, D. Jadhav, G. Gambhir)
M. Dhoni
I. Pathan
Z. Khan
H. Singh
A. Kumble
bowler (Nehra, Agarkar, Balaji, Gagandeep, Powar, Bhandari, Joginder, Paul)
bowler (Nehra, Agarkar, Balaji, Gagandeep, Powar, Bhandari, Joginder, Paul)

I think a squad like this would be "new" enough, obviously hoping sriram, mongia, nehra and agarkar aren't the four that get chosen :)

adharcric

International Coach
to add on, i think if laxman does poorly in the first ODI, we will see a new batsman in his place for the second ODI (assuming laxman is in the first ODI lineup)

adharcric

International Coach
i have a feeling dheeraj jadhav and sriram/mongia will be the batsman to fill those two spots, unless raina/yao perform wonderfully in the rest of the challenger series and sriram/mongia don't

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
This should not be too bad
  • Gambhir
  • Jadhav
  • Dravid (bats at six)
  • Kaif
  • Laxman
  • Raina
  • Sehwag (bowls 10)
  • Dhoni (obvious)
  • Sharma/JP Yadav
  • Powar
  • Kumble
  • Harbhajan
  • Gagandeep/Paul
  • RP Singh
  • Bhandari

adharcric

International Coach
Arjun said:
This should not be too bad
  • Gambhir
  • Jadhav
  • Dravid (bats at six)
  • Kaif
  • Laxman
  • Raina
  • Sehwag (bowls 10)
  • Dhoni (obvious)
  • Sharma/JP Yadav
  • Powar
  • Kumble
  • Harbhajan
  • Gagandeep/Paul
  • RP Singh
  • Bhandari
please man, be realistic .. ganguly, yuvraj, pathan and zaheer will NOT be dropped (especially with zaheer taking 3 wickets in the first challenger), so out go four of your guys (rp singh, sharma/yadav, gambhir/raina, powar)

pakster said:
My prediction:

ODI Pak 4 - Ind 1
Test Pak 2 - Ind 0
THe only thing Inzi is going to win in India is the toss :D

Well that was a joke.I think Pak will beat India 5-0 in Onadayers and 3-0 in test matches, however they are going to lose the side matches as those won't be fixed!

Pak scared of losing in Ahmedabad: Modi

Pak scared of losing in Ahmedabad: Modi

Sheela Bhatt in New Delhi | February 08, 2005 12:32 IST

While criticising the Pakistan Cricket Board's decision not to play in Ahmedabad, Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi told rediff.com this morning that "Pakistan is afraid of losing in Ahmedabad."

"We don't see any other logic in their refusal," he said, adding that more than 250 Pakistan citizens had visited Ahmedabad for a recent international convention.

Many of them had requested him to arrange for their visit to the Ajmer Sharief shrine in Rajasthan, Modi said. The chief minister had taken up the issue with the central government to help the Pakistani visitors.

Modi said he is a cricket fan. "Much before cricket appeared on television I used to be glued to my radio to relish the cricket commentary," he said.

Last month, he added, more than two dozen Pakistani sportsmen visited Gujarat to attend the international sports event for the physically handicapped.

Modi refused to accept the charge that he has been severely critical of Pakistan President Pervez Musharraf. He asked this correspondent to note the sequence of events as it unfolded. He claimed he reacted only after the PCB refused to play in Ahmedabad.

When asked what his stand would be if the venue for the Test was changed from Ahmedabad, Modi said, "I have nothing more to say on the matter. The Government of India should take a stand. It is up to the central government to decide if they should allow Pakistan to have its say on the matters of Kashmir or Gujarat."

He refused to discuss if the atmosphere within Gujarat continues to be communally charged or not.

When asked to comment on a newspaper editorial which said that if Pakistan defeated India in Ahmedabad the situation in Gujarat could get tense, Modi rubbished the argument, saying, "So what if India loses? It is fine. We should take it in our stride. In sport one should not fear winning or losing. The game has to be played well."

wahindiawah

Banned
PAKMAN said:
yeah sure he can do some serious damage with the old ball ,he could be a little expesive at times but he is a wicket taking bowler and taking wickets is the best thing a fast bowler can do in tests
I don't think he would be much successful in test matches, however i would like to have a closer look at him in the comming Indo-Pak test series.

wahindiawah

Banned
If Pakistan is actually afraid in losing in Ahmadabad, then they will be afraid in losing to India in any other Indian city too.So their request of change in venue just coz of fear of losing in Ahmadabad (as claimed by Modi) doesn't make any sense.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
adharcric said:
please man, be realistic .. ganguly, yuvraj, pathan and zaheer will NOT be dropped (especially with zaheer taking 3 wickets in the first challenger), so out go four of your guys (rp singh, sharma/yadav, gambhir/raina, powar)
They should be dropped. Pathan's injured (not to mention scoring too little with the bat), Yuvraj has a terrible choice of shots while Ganguly and Zaheer can't field- that's two weak links too many.

Powar, Yadav and Sharma are their teams' frontline bowlers and can also score runs and save runs on the field. Their selection can add balance and improve fielding.

And what's wrong in trying? The current Indian full-strength ODI side is not going to win a tournament, so why not try something inside-out?

dudeurfriend

School Boy/Girl Captain
Well arjun your opinion is fair enough... i would like to say that might be Ganguly can be dropped,but yuvraj and zaheer are too good to be dropped....

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Yuvi is coming off an awesome run in ODIs....He blazed his way to a 100 even yesterday. He is the best no.6 we have had for quite a while. Ganguly could be dropped, but he won't be.