• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** India v Pakistan

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
PAKMAN said:
And here is me thinkin that we lost that that game in the world cup 2003 because of brilliant batting by Tendulker against wasim waqar and shoaib chasing a big total :p
I agree with everything you say. Now where's those sour grapes again?

PAKMAN

State 12th Man
excellent performance by pakistan they have done their country proud
what else can i say apart from victory is sweet
i even forgive the croud for holding up the game :D

all in all it was a great tour with lots of twists n turns some great cricketing entertainment
rahul dravids comments about pakistan were really nice he'z a gentleman

Duncan

U19 Debutant
Excellent performance... to comeback from 0-2 and win 4-2 is simply amazing. It's been done twice, the other one being Bangladesh beatign Zimbabwe not too long ago.

8-2 is the record since India's tour last year.

masterblaster

International Captain
Heartiest congratulations to the deserved winners, Pakistan.
You've done your country proud and it's great to see true hard work prevail in the end.

As for India, a lot of problems need to be sorted out. We have a dire fast bowling attack, and we urgently need to learn how to play under pressure.

On a sad note however, farewell John Wright as the great man returns to NZ.

JBH001

International Regular
Yeah, great win to Pakistan.
To be honest I didnt think they had it in them at the start of the series.
Kudos to Inzy his team and Bob Woolmer.

A sad farewell to John Wright, but he has no reason for regret.
His and Team Indias accomplishments over his tenure speak for themselves.

But now, it is perhaps time for a new coach, a new approach and dare I say it - a limited overhaul of the Indian team which in some aspects is looking long in the tooth and tired.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
I just cannot believe why a person, or some people want Tednulkar to be dropped! What good would it do? Unbelievable.

Awesome ODI series, extremely happy with the result, but more importantly, the way the Pakistani team played. An awesome team effort, so many people with vital 40+ scores. At an awesome run-rate too. Razzaq (I thought) did an awesome job at three when he batted there. And Afridi! And Rana! Very cool... :D

Inzy certainly lead the way. And if you have time... look at Arshad`s bowling average! Statistics don`t always tell the story... :D

Swervy

International Captain
masterblaster said:
Heartiest congratulations to the deserved winners, Pakistan.
You've done your country proud and it's great to see true hard work prevail in the end.

As for India, a lot of problems need to be sorted out. We have a dire fast bowling attack, and we urgently need to learn how to play under pressure.

On a sad note however, farewell John Wright as the great man returns to NZ.

all true...however, has it really taken this series for you to realise that India have a dire fast bowling attack and need to learn how to play under pressure..seems like exactly the same stuff that was said over 2 years ago after the WC loss

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Swervy said:
all true...however, has it really taken this series for you to realise that India have a dire fast bowling attack and need to learn how to play under pressure
You are not wise to expect that from India my friend. :)

deeps

International 12th Man
afridi shld have got MOTM, 44 in no time to set up the pakistani blitz, followed by 2 catches and 2 wickets.

man of series was spot on, rana!

PAKMAN

State 12th Man
deeps said:
afridi shld have got MOTM, 44 in no time to set up the pakistani blitz, followed by 2 catches and 2 wickets.

man of series was spot on, rana!
malik was consistantly making big scores in the series and plus afridi got in the last match so they chose the highest scorer and rightly so

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Nnanden said:
I just cannot believe why a person, or some people want Tednulkar to be dropped! What good would it do? Unbelievable.
The scapegoat is needed - and it's obvious that Ganguly isn't big enough a sacrifice

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
luckyeddie said:
The scapegoat is needed - and it's obvious that Ganguly isn't big enough a sacrifice
Yeah. bring back Md. Azharuddin, Ravi Shastri, Kapil De, Polly Umrigar, Vijay Hazare,...

vvk

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
IMO - Kaif and Yuvraj need to be axed - both are non performing fielders in this Indian team.

Laxman needs to be brought back to fill one of the batting slots vacated. All rounders such as Jai P Yadav, Ramesh Powar need to be brought in the side and Ganguly needs to be re-instated as captain. These last two performances have shown the consequences of having a rudder-less side.

Gotchya

State Vice-Captain
Tremendous tremendous win. Its unbelievable that Pakistan have eventually ended up dominating India in such a big manner. Frankly i did not expect the disintegration on display today.

A word for Rana Naveed, His success epitomises the evolution of Pakistan. All heart, grit and can do it just as well as jaw breakers and toe crushers. Consistency has been a woeful thing whenever Pakistan cricket has been mentioned, that seems to be changing now.

Time and again, Inzi has shown that he and his team are made of tough material, Bouncing back is never easy. But despite the odds, to comeback from 0-2, really does deserve special accolade.

A series that I will always remember, squarely for the grit and sheer determination of Pakistan's captain and the whole UNIT.Congratulations Team, You have made History.

A tribute to the members of the team, who were termed underdogs and ended up -in Ramiz's words-
'Doing the impossible. Beating India in India'

As for India, Its easy to see the faults when things go so badly. This series will affect them, regroup, revamp and make it fresh. Thats the only plausible choice. Ganguly's almost disgraceful exit was probably the death blow to an already diminishing morale. And I dont think that 'resting' Tendulkar is really that bad an idea.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Pakistan

Okay people didnt eactly warm to the idea tha I thought Pakistan will put up a very good challenge in the 2007 World Cup. Although it is impossible to say how the team will fair, there is no doubt this is a very good one day team.

I wont analyse the players as I wont be able to do justice to recent performances as I have not been watching too much cricket but I am glad the Pakistani fans hve reason to be proud of their team for once.

Much better than talking about the woes concerning the players and the team. With players coming first as they hve been talked about more except for today.

India

Coming to India, since the series in Pakistan the Indian ODI team has struggled. Would be interesting for some one to bring up some stats.

Players were discounting the losses to part of winning and losing, not taking it big enough. Maybe a series defeat will wake them up.