Page 2 of 349 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: **Official** India v Pakistan

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan
    That might be a blessing in disguise for Pakistan. Indian batsmen will take them too lightly and will get a shocking to find out how these bowlers greatly improved on the Australian tour.
    No, Akhtar or no Akhtar, the Indians are never going to take the arch rivals lightly.

Its possibly true that without Akhtar Pakistan team might be more disciplined, but discipline alone doesn't win matches for a team. Rana's and Rao's do work very hard but they simply aren't test material and as such will be a failure on batting track against the mighty Indian batting lineup. Basically one individual shouldn't make such a big difference but problem for Pakistan is that
    1 In the absence of Akhtar there is not even a single match winning pacer in Pak team (sami is crap, we all know that)

2 There is noone to take the place of a quality offspinner like Saqlain.

3 Danish is a good prospect but he would be facing the best leg spin facing batters in the world and as such would struggle.

Akhtar's absence could prove to be a disaster for Pakistan.

U19 Debutant
    Quote Originally Posted by wahindiawah
    No, Akhtar or no Akhtar, the Indians are never going to take the arch rivals lightly.

Its possibly true that without Akhtar Pakistan team might be more disciplined, but discipline alone doesn't win matches for a team. Rana's and Rao's do work very hard but they simply aren't test material and as such will be a failure on batting track against the mighty Indian batting lineup. Basically one individual shouldn't make such a big difference but problem for Pakistan is that
    1 In the absence of Akhtar there is not even a single match winning pacer in Pak team (sami is crap, we all know that)

2 There is noone to take the place of a quality offspinner like Saqlain.

3 Danish is a good prospect but he would be facing the best leg spin facing batters in the world and as such would struggle.

Akhtar's absence could prove to be a disaster for Pakistan.
    alot will depend on inzi, youhana in tests i dont think regardless of their batting theyll measure up to being able to get the scores dravid/tendy/laxman and co will
    Best batsman = Rahul Dravid
    Best bowler = Muttiah Muralitharan

rana has impressed me alot i didnt really like him b4 but now hez turning into a hero,and butt ,malik,inzi youhana can do some real damage with the bat

School Boy/Girl Captain shoot_me's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dudeurfriend
    I think India will surely emerge as winner in test series.....But the ODI series looks to go down the wire.....
    The first ODI is going to be in Nehru Stadium in Kochi and I have a feeling it's going to be pretty exciting since out of the 2 ODIs played there, there were 3 totals above 300. If it's anything like the Karachi match, I'll be more than satisfied.

U19 Debutant
    Pakistan seems to do good on the flat pitches of the subcontinent... even though India's batting is better on paper, Pakistan has better hitters and a revitalised middle order. Expect some Razzaq and Afridi flurries... Pakistan would have gained plenty of experience after their tour of Australia... India on the otherhand toured Bangladesh and even managed to lose to them.

And there is talk about the Pakistani players refusing to play with Akhtar... wow, people are really hating him now.

School Boy/Girl Captain
    I think Pakistan will win the ODi's 3-2 largely because India's ODI team is in a bit of a mess.

I'd be very surprised if Pakistan won the tests though - personally, the best I see for them there is 1-1.

Banned
    Still hate to put up predictions in Ind/Pak matches.

But thats the best part, anything can happen

Quote Originally Posted by PAKMAN
    rana has impressed me alot i didnt really like him b4 but now hez turning into a hero,and butt ,malik,inzi youhana can do some real damage with the bat
    In Oneday he can perform well, but do you actually think Rana can become a frontline bowler at test level?

If Imran Khan was leading this Pakistani side(even as a non-playing captain) then i would have given Pakistan some chance in the series.Unfortunately for Pakistan the captain is Inzi , as such they stand little chance of avoiding a 3-0 defeat in the test matches.

And i don't think Akhtar's absence will make any difference, Indian batsmen knows how to take good care of Akhtar.If he comes to India then he should be prepared to get hammered.

SJS
    Virus 2 Champion!
    Eitherway its going to be a close affair. Difficult to predict.

If one hadt to hazard a guess I would say the test series to India 2-1 and the one dayers to Pakistan 3-2.

I think Shoaib's absence will benefit Pakistan in the one dayers. They will keep things tighter without him.

Quote Originally Posted by wahindiawah
    In Oneday he can perform well, but do you actually think Rana can become a frontline bowler at test level?
    yeah sure he can do some serious damage with the old ball ,he could be a little expesive at times but he is a wicket taking bowler and taking wickets is the best thing a fast bowler can do in tests

The main worries for pak are gonna be kumble and harbhajan. No doubt India will prepare dustbowls, so if they can manage these 2, I expect to see a pak win in both tests and ODI's.

India's batting IMO is no better than pakistans, Tendulkar and Ganguly arent in the best of form (and havnt been for a while!), people like yuvraj, kaif, chopra and laxman are probably at the same level as malik, razzaq and butt. Then we have Yoyo and Inzi, both of whom are playing very well and should thrive on sub-continent pitches.

With regards to bowling, India's pace attack leaves a lot to be desired. Zaheer and Nehra are hit and miss, whereas balaji hasnt played in a while. Pathaan will be tricky to handle but pak batsmen have got the better of him in the recent ODI's. Rao and Khalil showed promise in Aus but are still very inexperienced. If Sami, Akhtar, Rana and Shabbir are fit - they will be tough to negotiate, add to that Kaneria, Afridi and pakistan will have a very solid bowling attack.

My prediction:

ODI Pak 4 - Ind 1
    Test Pak 2 - Ind 0
    From the River to the sea, Palestine will be free!

SJS
    Virus 2 Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by pakster
    My prediction:

ODI Pak 4 - Ind 1
    Test Pak 2 - Ind 0
    Willing to take a bet on that ?

You name the odds .

International Coach biased indian's Avatar
    My prediction:

ODI Pak 4 - Ind 1
    Test Pak 2 - Ind 0
    what about a 5-0 ,3-0
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
    RIP Craigos

The main worries for pak are gonna be kumble and harbhajan. No doubt India will prepare dustbowls, so if they can manage these 2, I expect to see a pak win in both tests and ODI's.

India's batting IMO is no better than pakistans, Tendulkar and Ganguly arent in the best of form (and havnt been for a while!), people like yuvraj, kaif, chopra and laxman are probably at the same level as malik, razzaq and butt. Then we have Yoyo and Inzi, both of whom are playing very well and should thrive on sub-continent pitches.
    I respect your opinions and predictions, and I am far from a blind patriotic Indian who despises Pakistan and believes India are the greatest, but...

Did you honestly put Laxman... VVS Laxman, in the same league as Malik, Razzaq and Butt? What the hell?

And why even bring up Chopra and Yuvraj when they aren't even in the test team? They're reserves, and I doubt either of them will get a game. Plus Chopra isn't half as bad as people believe.

My predictions are 2-0 tests for India and 3-2 ODIs for Pakistan. I am much more confident predicting India to win the tests though, but if Pakistan suprise me and win the test series than so be it. My predictions for the ODIs are just gut feelings going by Pakistan's potential and India's ODI problems, but if India beat Pakistan I wouldn't be surprised at all.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

Page 2 of 349 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread Information