• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** India v Pakistan

EnglishRose

School Boy/Girl Captain
I think Pakistan will win the ODi's 3-2 largely because India's ODI team is in a bit of a mess.

I'd be very surprised if Pakistan won the tests though - personally, the best I see for them there is 1-1.

wahindiawah

Banned
PAKMAN said:
rana has impressed me alot i didnt really like him b4 but now hez turning into a hero,and butt ,malik,inzi youhana can do some real damage with the bat
In Oneday he can perform well, but do you actually think Rana can become a frontline bowler at test level?

If Imran Khan was leading this Pakistani side(even as a non-playing captain) then i would have given Pakistan some chance in the series.Unfortunately for Pakistan the captain is Inzi , as such they stand little chance of avoiding a 3-0 defeat in the test matches.

And i don't think Akhtar's absence will make any difference, Indian batsmen knows how to take good care of Akhtar.If he comes to India then he should be prepared to get hammered.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Eitherway its going to be a close affair. Difficult to predict.

If one hadt to hazard a guess I would say the test series to India 2-1 and the one dayers to Pakistan 3-2.

I think Shoaib's absence will benefit Pakistan in the one dayers. They will keep things tighter without him.

PAKMAN

State 12th Man
wahindiawah said:
In Oneday he can perform well, but do you actually think Rana can become a frontline bowler at test level?
yeah sure he can do some serious damage with the old ball ,he could be a little expesive at times but he is a wicket taking bowler and taking wickets is the best thing a fast bowler can do in tests

pakster

U19 12th Man
The main worries for pak are gonna be kumble and harbhajan. No doubt India will prepare dustbowls, so if they can manage these 2, I expect to see a pak win in both tests and ODI's.

India's batting IMO is no better than pakistans, Tendulkar and Ganguly arent in the best of form (and havnt been for a while!), people like yuvraj, kaif, chopra 8-) and laxman are probably at the same level as malik, razzaq and butt. Then we have Yoyo and Inzi, both of whom are playing very well and should thrive on sub-continent pitches.

With regards to bowling, India's pace attack leaves a lot to be desired. Zaheer and Nehra are hit and miss, whereas balaji hasnt played in a while. Pathaan will be tricky to handle but pak batsmen have got the better of him in the recent ODI's. Rao and Khalil showed promise in Aus but are still very inexperienced. If Sami, Akhtar, Rana and Shabbir are fit - they will be tough to negotiate, add to that Kaneria, Afridi and pakistan will have a very solid bowling attack.

My prediction:

ODI Pak 4 - Ind 1
Test Pak 2 - Ind 0

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
pakster said:
The main worries for pak are gonna be kumble and harbhajan. No doubt India will prepare dustbowls, so if they can manage these 2, I expect to see a pak win in both tests and ODI's.

India's batting IMO is no better than pakistans, Tendulkar and Ganguly arent in the best of form (and havnt been for a while!), people like yuvraj, kaif, chopra 8-) and laxman are probably at the same level as malik, razzaq and butt. Then we have Yoyo and Inzi, both of whom are playing very well and should thrive on sub-continent pitches.
I respect your opinions and predictions, and I am far from a blind patriotic Indian who despises Pakistan and believes India are the greatest, but...

Did you honestly put Laxman... VVS Laxman, in the same league as Malik, Razzaq and Butt? What the hell?

And why even bring up Chopra and Yuvraj when they aren't even in the test team? They're reserves, and I doubt either of them will get a game. Plus Chopra isn't half as bad as people believe.

My predictions are 2-0 tests for India and 3-2 ODIs for Pakistan. I am much more confident predicting India to win the tests though, but if Pakistan suprise me and win the test series than so be it. My predictions for the ODIs are just gut feelings going by Pakistan's potential and India's ODI problems, but if India beat Pakistan I wouldn't be surprised at all.

biased indian

International Coach
pakster said:

u missed some one Rahul 'The Wall' Dravid :-O :-O

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Jono said:
I respect your opinions and predictions, and I am far from a blind patriotic Indian who despises Pakistan and believes India are the greatest, but...

Did you honestly put Laxman... VVS Laxman, in the same league as Malik, Razzaq and Butt? What the hell?

And why even bring up Chopra and Yuvraj when they aren't even in the test team? They're reserves, and I doubt either of them will get a game. Plus Chopra isn't half as bad as people believe.

My predictions are 2-0 tests for India and 3-2 ODIs for Pakistan. I am much more confident predicting India to win the tests though, but if Pakistan suprise me and win the test series than so be it. My predictions for the ODIs are just gut feelings going by Pakistan's potential and India's ODI problems, but if India beat Pakistan I wouldn't be surprised at all.
Very well said Jono. My feelings exactly.

Sudeep

International Captain
Jono said:
If Akhtar doesn't play in the tests, I'll be quietly confident that India will come out on top fairly comfortably. They need an all-out strike bowler in the tests. ODIs they can get away with their current bowling line-up due to their long and quite strong batting line-up who when on song can destroy any opposition. If Afridi and Razzaq can put away McGrath, Gillespie and Kaspa, they will definitely be a danger against our ODI bowlers.

Should be a great series.
Afridi's rise to maturity has been quite shocking really. I never thought he would prove his worth, but the way he continued his natural game in Australia put together with the steady head he showed, it seems to me it wasn't a one off, and there are better things to come for him.

Sudeep

International Captain
SJS said:
Very well said Jono. My feelings exactly.
I definitely agree that India will most likely take the series, but I doubt if they don't lose a Test. India is known to be inconsistent, and it'll take at least 6-7 Tests without losing one to make me believe we can maybe whitewash an oppostition.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Sudeep said:
I definitely agree that India will most likely take the series, but I doubt if they don't lose a Test. India is known to be inconsistent, and it'll take at least 6-7 Tests without losing one to make me believe we can maybe whitewash an oppostition.
Well 2-0 wouldn't be a whitewash, since its a 3 test series ;) It'd just be like the 1-0 win over South Africa :p

Anyway I understand what you are saying, those are just some predictions I've made. Like I said, I think the ODI series is going to be a flip of the coin but I think India can get out of the series without losing a test. That's not saying they won't, but its just a gut feeling. :)

C_C

International Captain
My prediction : 2-0 Tests for IND ( lookfor the first test to be very competitive) and 3-2 to either team in the ODIs.

imranrabb

U19 Debutant
One day series will go to pakistan probably 4-1 or 3-2 and test will be 2-0 to india or 2-1.But dont underestimate pakistan in test matches and it wouldnt be a surprise if they win it.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Sudeep said:
Yes but thats not TOOOO different. I had predicted , on this very thread I think, 2-1 to India in tests and 3-2 to Pak in ODI's.

But then a match can sometimes end in a draw from a winning situation :)

The main thing is it will be close, India having the edge in tests and Pakistan a slight rdge in one dayers. Thats how it appears today at least.