• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** India v Pakistan

Shahid_afridi

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
"Mohammad Sami is an over-rated fast bowler, while Rana Naved-ul-Hasan is an improved pacer. But both are not in the same class as Irfan Pathan or Zaheer Khan," he said.

i think sami will be a very good bowler without akhtar because he has to prove his skills in this series...and i guess rana will support him well.i dont know why everybody talks so bad about sami.he just couldnt prove his skills yet because he was always in the big shadow of akhtar.he bowled really well in the first test against australia.i think it will be samis series and he can at least match with zaheer khan and maybe even with pathan.sami will also improve his bowling when waqar younis comes in as a bowling-coach.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Whenever I think of Sami, I think short, wide outside off-stump pies. Without Shoaib he could just be cannon-fodder for Sehwag and the middle order. Rana is a good workman like bowler which I believe will trouble India more but I don't see any proper backup strength in that attack.

This series will pretty much come down to India getting 20 wickets per match to win, because I don't see Pakistan doing it.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
On another note, can someone explain how the blue hell the rotation system of the BCCI is supposed to work? They gave tests to Ahmedabad and Mohali as they last hosted the tests against NZ and have not had any matches since. Same with Bangalore as it hosted the first test against Australia and has not hosted any since then. So, by that system, once the Ahmedabad test was cancelled, I think Chennai should have gotten the test, since we hosted the second test against Australia and have not had tests since then. How did Kolkata end up getting the test, they hosted the last home test India played. I am not saying this because I live in Chennai or anything....I am really angry at how untransparent the functioning of the board is and how unaccountable they seem to be for everything.

shoot_me

School Boy/Girl Captain
honestbharani said:
On another note, can someone explain how the blue hell the rotation system of the BCCI is supposed to work? They gave tests to Ahmedabad and Mohali as they last hosted the tests against NZ and have not had any matches since. Same with Bangalore as it hosted the first test against Australia and has not hosted any since then. So, by that system, once the Ahmedabad test was cancelled, I think Chennai should have gotten the test, since we hosted the second test against Australia and have not had tests since then. How did Kolkata end up getting the test, they hosted the last home test India played. I am not saying this because I live in Chennai or anything....I am really angry at how untransparent the functioning of the board is and how unaccountable they seem to be for everything.
I don't understand that either. I think Chennai is definitely the best choice to host the Ahmedabad test because of the crowd there and I still have little bit of hope since the itinerary will only be finalised in two-three days. But most likely, it'll go to Kolkata even though it doesn't follow the rotation policy. What can we do.... :sleep:

Vikas Bhatt

vandemataram said:
India.... Dravid,Kumble and Irfan.

Pakistan.... Youhana.

Flops.

India...... Laxman

Pakistan.... Inzamam.
Oh, I think you will be seeing Laxman at his best again! Everytime Laxman has been axed and forced to play domestic cricket, he has returned back, all guns firing! He is a confidence player, even if the confidence coems from demolishing local bowlers!

Last edited:

Unattainableguy

State 12th Man
imranrabb said:
It looks like 3-0 to india after seeing the squad but what can we do without shabbir,gul,shoiab akhtar and saqlain
Shoaib's absentee may have reduced their chances of winning the series, but to say that India will win 3-0 is only imaginary.
Anyway, does anyone know if Shoaib Malik is cleared to bowl against India?

Unattainableguy

State 12th Man
Don't think Laxman will be much of a star, especially when playing against Pakistan if you look at his stats against them.
In 6 test matches, he's scored 262 runs at an average of 26, which sucks.
In 10 one-day matches, he has 234 runs, averaging only 23...
I'd play someone else instead of him.

shoot_me

School Boy/Girl Captain
Vikas Bhatt said:
Oh, I think you will be seeing Laxman at his best again! Everytime Laxman has been axed and forced to play domestic cricket, he has returned back, all guns firing! He is a confidence player, even if the confidence coems from demolishing local bowlers!
ya we'll see about that man :whistling ...

PAKMAN

State 12th Man
Choora said:
Lets have a look at the possible Pakistan lineup for test match.

Butt
Hameed
Younis
Inzi
Youhanna
Asim
Akmal
Rana
Sami
Shahid Nazeer
Danish.

On the bench( Afridi/malik,Umar,Razzak,Arshad Khan,Rao)

The batting look decent atleast on paper, Inzi,Youhanna,Younus and Asim can put up a good score. However the bowling attack looks very ordinary, it will be spearheaded by Sami and Rana(the former being the biggest underachiever of all time, while the later is a very limited talented player but is a honest trier). Danish will struggle to have any impact on Indian batsmen who are best players of spin. The one bowler i can't talk much about is Nazeer whome i haven't seen lately. The last time i saw him in action was in '99, he appered to be a decent pacer but certainly not a match winner by any means.
I DONT THINK NAZIR IS IN THE AQUAD ,now that is bad news

biased indian

International Coach
India plans to issue around 10,000 visas to Pakistan cricket fans ahad of the forthcoming Test and one-day series. The move comes a few days after the historic decision to start a bus service linking the disputed province of Kashmir, which is divided between India and Pakistan.

cricinfo

deeps

International 12th Man
shahid nazir actually seemed a talented good bowler when i saw him on the tour of australia in probably about 1998/99. Seemed to have alot of talent, but wasn't given enough opportunity. Didnt do too bad

wouldn't be a bad bowler to bring in, has a little bit of international experience, 8 tests, and 17 odi's, with a bowling average at around 32. with one 5wicket haul in test matches. averages 25 in ODI's but only 7 in tests... he's not a bad batsman from what i remember, could hold up an end,ala jason gillespie as 2 first class 50's show.

would have been an interesting selection, though i haven't seen/heard anything off him since that 99 tour

biased indian

International Coach
i was planning to see the first ODI between Pakistan and India, but the new dates that BCCI have announced has left me disappointed because the game in Kochi clash with the dates of an Exam for which i have been preparing for the last six months . i was already assured of a VIP Pass as one of my friends father is in KCA(Kerala Crocket Association). My day is spoiled with that news and i will feel reallly bad when writting that exam

Shahid_afridi

duffer said:
Whenever I think of Sami, I think short, wide outside off-stump pies. Without Shoaib he could just be cannon-fodder for Sehwag and the middle order. Rana is a good workman like bowler which I believe will trouble India more but I don't see any proper backup strength in that attack.

This series will pretty much come down to India getting 20 wickets per match to win, because I don't see Pakistan doing it.
whenever i think of sami i think of him bowling sourav ganguly around the legs with a great cutter(i think it was in the champions trophy last year)... :p
he can also bat.he made a good 49 against india in a test match last year.

Last edited:

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
whenever i think of sami i think of him bowling sourav ganguly around the legs with a great cutter(i think it was in the champions trophy last year)...
And they said Sourav was in great form...maybe not when needed.

shoot_me

School Boy/Girl Captain
biased indian said:
i was planning to see the first ODI between Pakistan and India, but the new dates that BCCI have announced has left me disappointed because the game in Kochi clash with the dates of an Exam for which i have been preparing for the last six months . i was already assured of a VIP Pass as one of my friends father is in KCA(Kerala Crocket Association). My day is spoiled with that news and i will feel reallly bad when writting that exam
Yo "chetta" you're from Kochi, Kerala? I used to live there a couple years ago until I moved to NY. Well your story is very touching, especially since Kochi hasn't hosted an international match for so long. My sentiments to you :D

Hey is there any new info about the TV rights? I'm hoping against hope that Dishnetwork is going to broadcast it in America because otherwise the only thing I'll be watching is the cricinfo scorecard and how sad would that be!

Last edited:

shoot_me

School Boy/Girl Captain
Vikas Bhatt said:
Good old Vangirappu's gotta lot of work to do. How many centuries does it take to make up for a season average of 19?

shankar

International Debutant
biased indian said:
Go to the match! You can write the exam next year, Dont know when you'll be able to watch a match in Kochi again! :p :D :happy: