• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** India v Pakistan

nehrafan

Banned
My prediction about the comming series,

India wins test series 3-0

India wins oneday 5-1 (six matches will be played now)

Best player of the series (tests)

India...... Sehwag ,Kumble and Pathan

Pak........ Inzi and Butt

Flop of series.(tests)

India..... Tendulkar (by his own high standard)

Pak..... Rana Naveed ( ppl have made a lot of expectations from a very ordinary bowler), Danish (will proves to be useless in India) and Yasir Hameed.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I can agree with your player predictions to some extent, but the results....I think you are underestimating Pakistan, BIG TIME. My own predictions are:

Tests = India 2-0

ODIs = 3-3 or 4-2 to Pakistan

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Without Shoaib I don't see Pakistan taking 20 wickets in a match against that Indian batting line-up.

What happened to Shabbir and Gul!?! They impressed me whenver I saw them, surely they still can't be injured?

Shahid_afridi

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Vikas Bhatt said:
Doordarshan still has it. Initially they had split the One day series rights with ESPN/Star. Now DD has proposed to ESPN/Star to share the tests rights as well! The rights sharing is in 70:30 capacity.
any chance that ary digital,sony or zee will show the series????plz help me guys!

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
nehrafan said:
My prediction about the comming series,

India wins test series 3-0

India wins oneday 5-1 (six matches will be played now)
Sure Dude. Hahahaha :yawn:

Choora

State Regular
duffer said:
Without Shoaib I don't see Pakistan taking 20 wickets in a match against that Indian batting line-up.

What happened to Shabbir and Gul!?! They impressed me whenver I saw them, surely they still can't be injured?
Shabbis is still not fit, Gul is going to remain out of cricket for a long time, Saqlain is also not fit.

Without Akhtar Pakistan would struggle to prevent India from piling up 500 + score in an innings. None of the present Pak bowlers (rana, rao,Danish etc) have taken 100 wkts in test matches and they don't have the skill to take wkts at regular interval.

Choora

State Regular
Lets have a look at the possible Pakistan lineup for test match.

Butt
Hameed
Younis
Inzi
Youhanna
Asim
Akmal
Rana
Sami
Shahid Nazeer
Danish.

On the bench( Afridi/malik,Umar,Razzak,Arshad Khan,Rao)

The batting look decent atleast on paper, Inzi,Youhanna,Younus and Asim can put up a good score. However the bowling attack looks very ordinary, it will be spearheaded by Sami and Rana(the former being the biggest underachiever of all time, while the later is a very limited talented player but is a honest trier). Danish will struggle to have any impact on Indian batsmen who are best players of spin. The one bowler i can't talk much about is Nazeer whome i haven't seen lately. The last time i saw him in action was in '99, he appered to be a decent pacer but certainly not a match winner by any means.

wahindiawah

Banned
Well the first test will be important for Pakistan, if they manages to save it then there is a possibility of Pakistan going down to India in the series but not before putting up a good fight.However if Pakistan get a thrashing in the fisrt test, then we can expect very ordinary cricket from Pakistan in the remaining tour.

On Akhtar's absence... Its going to be a big blow for Inzi, not because Akhtar would have won matches for Pakistan(they would have lost to India in any case) but because Akhtar happen to be the perfect scape goat, and bashing boy after every series defeat for Inzi.
Would be interesting to see what is Inzi going to whine about after a 3-0 or 2-0 series thrashing? Surely he shouldn't whine about Akhtar's unavailability as its no secret that both Inzi and Woolmer didn't wanted Akhtar in the team.Woolmer infact thinks that Pakistan can even win in India without Akhtar.If Inzi comes up whining about Akhtar's absence as the excuse for the defeat then it would really be a disgrace.

Inzi can expect a very hostile reception when he returns to Pak after a humiliating loss, this could prove to be the last series for Inzi as a captain.

Choora

State Regular
wahindiawah said:
Surely he shouldn't whine about Akhtar's unavailability as its no secret that both Inzi and Woolmer didn't wanted Akhtar in the team.Woolmer infact thinks that Pakistan can even win in India without Akhtar.If Inzi comes up whining about Akhtar's absence as the excuse for the defeat then it would really be a disgrace.

Inzi can expect a very hostile reception when he returns to Pak after a humiliating loss, this could prove to be the last series for Inzi as a captain.

Agreed, if Inzi think Pak are better off without Akhtar then he shouldn't come up with the absence of Akhtar as an excuse of defeat.

Inzi appears to be a very weak man to me, who can't shoulder the responsibility and is always quick to point out fingers towards others when things goes wrong.

nehrafan said:
Best player of the series (tests)

India...... Sehwag ,Kumble and Pathan

Pak........ Inzi and Butt

Flop of series.(tests)

India..... Tendulkar (by his own high standard)

Pak..... Rana Naveed ( ppl have made a lot of expectations from a very ordinary bowler), Danish (will proves to be useless in India) and Yasir Hameed.

India.... Dravid,Kumble and Irfan.

Pakistan.... Youhana.

Flops.

India...... Laxman

Pakistan.... Inzamam.

Choora said:
Agreed, if Inzi think Pak are better off without Akhtar then he shouldn't come up with the absence of Akhtar as an excuse of defeat.

Inzi can never be short of excuse.... I think at the end of the tour he will be heard saying something like this,

" I don't know why people like Imran KHan are saying bad thing about our team, we might have gone down 3-0 to India but in the absence of Akhtar,Shabbir and Gul our young team did well.The team is certainly shaping up well and with time this team will become world beaters" !!

Latest Cricket news on mobile: sms CRIC to 7333

Home > Cricket > PTI > Report

Get Rediff headlines in your inbox !

'India will bank on spinners against Pak'

February 19, 2005 13:33 IST

Former Test off-spinner and ex-chairman of Pakistan selectors Salahuddin Ahmed has said Pakistan's sole advantage over India was in the fast bowling department and that also stood neutralised following Shoaib Akhtar's pull-out from the tour.

Salahuddin, who has served as a national selector for a record nine times, said the balance of the series is now heavily in favour of India.

"Pakistan's only strength was its fast bowling which has now been neutralised with the withdrawal of Shoaib," he said.

"Mohammad Sami is an over-rated fast bowler, while Rana Naved-ul-Hasan is an improved pacer. But both are not in the same class as Irfan Pathan or Zaheer Khan," he said.
Salahuddin, whose elder sister Mohsina Kidwai is a member of Upper House and uncle Akhlaq-ur-Rehman is Governor of Haryana, is of the view that Irfan Pathan would prove to be a dangerous bowler during the series.

"He becomes extremely difficult when he bowls round the wicket because the batsmen struggle to pick his line. Like Wasim Akram, he has learnt the art of bringing the ball inside from round the wicket rather than swinging the ball away like other left-armers."

Salahuddin said besides Irfan, India had Zaheer, Ashish Nehra, Ajit Agarkar and Laxmipathy Balaji "which give India a more formidable look as compared to Pakistan. There was never any doubt about the spinners in Anil Kumble, Harbhajan Singh and Murali Kartik."

"It is going to be tough work for Pakistan batsmen in India because I think India will prepare under-prepared wickets to assist spinners. Despite good fast bowlers, I am convinced that India will bank on spinners and try to wrap up every match inside four days," he said.

Salahuddin also praised India's batting line-up as the best in the world

"They put up a big total which always puts pressure on the opponents and the Indian bowling takes advantage of that situation."

Blaming Pakistan coach Bob Woolmer for the current state of the team, he said the Englishman has been in charge since June last year but, "I don't think even he knows what will be the batting order if there is a match next day.

"He has shuffled the team so much that instead of any improvement, the Pakistan team has become a victim of experimentation. Woolmer has excuses ready for every failure, he offers an excuse instead of taking the blame. He is an over-rated coach," he said.

The former chairman of selectors disagreed that Pakistan had a young and inexperienced team.

"Inzamam-ul Haq, Younis Khan, Taufeeq Umar, Yousuf Youhana, Shahid Afridi, Abdul Razzaq, Shoaib Malik, and Danish Kaneria have been around for quite sometime now. I don't think the Pakistan team is inexperienced. This is another label that [Woolmer] has given as an excuse."

Salahuddin slammed the Pakistan Cricket Board for its poor preparation for the Indian tour.

"Instead of preparing the team for the difficult and most important tour, the foreign coaches and trainers are vacationing in South Africa. And for this scenario, the PCB is to be blamed for they granted leave to the foreigners."

"They [trainers] have absolutely no idea what this series means to Pakistan. I don't think a Pakistani coach would have sent his [support staff] on holidays before such a big event. What type of preparation is this? The entire blame should go to PCB," he said

Indian batting >>>>>> Pak batting.

Indian Pacers>>> Pak pacers

Indian Spinners>>>>>>>>>>>> OH do Pak have a spinner besides Danish??

I think this series will be fun, India will be facing a third rate team whome they will be treating seriously just because they happen to be their arch rivals!