• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** India v Pakistan

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
vandemataram said:
WE have gone through this before, mine opinion has not changed, nor has your.Better stick to one's opinion and live in peace :)
I want to know on what basis from this series you can say there's a clear gap in all 3 of batting, bowling and fielding.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
vandemataram said:
No matter how the grim the situation is, Afridi doesn't get effected :@

Kumble is now brought into attack, time for Pak to face the music :happy:
exactly what my friend and I are saying on MSN.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
harbhajan singh in now in over nine! they can see afridi`s weakness. umar might also have some problems.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
9.4 Harbhajan Singh to Shahid Afridi, no run, pitched outside the off
stump and turning in, defended on the front-foot with a straight
bat

*has heart-attack and dies*

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
9.6 Harbhajan Singh to Shahid Afridi, SIX, big one! tossed up outside
the off stump, lofted away well over the long-off fence, going
down on one knee as he played it, massive six!

hahahahahahahahaha i am so unsuprised! what a coincidence.

infiniti

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
vandemataram said:
Why exactly?
The reasons being :

a) They play more aggressively than India. I could not digest the fact that Indian players like Tendulkar/Dravid/Ganguly/Laxman managed to score only 2-2.5 runs per over after they were like 300/3 during the 1st innings of the Mohali test. That was mind boggling for me.
b) They have better allrounders than us.
c) India has a better bowling line up, but in the batsmen dominated one dayers I do not see them doing a lot for India.
d) Their batting line up has started clicking off late and they would like to carry the tempo of the test series to the one day series after every one had written them off for the test series.
e) India needs Ganguly to bat else step down from the post of the captain.

These are some of the reasons I could think of.

India has it's own advantages:
a)Tendulkar has come out of his shell.
b) Dravid has been more aggressive.
c) Balaji is in good form.
d) They have a better fielding and bowling side than Pakistan.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Nnanden said:
10 overs to go. Afridi (and really Umar) NEED/S to be there at the end of them.
Afridi doesn't. If he gets to 50, I reckon he's done his job and surpassed expectations. If Pakistan win, I really doubt it will be mainly thanks to him; he's a get-the-ball-rolling guy.