• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

"Gavaskar leads World XI selectors" ... who would you select?

Sir Redman

State Vice-Captain
Neil Pickup said:
I wouldn't even be sure his elbow will have recovered by then - it only seems to work against Bangladesh at the moment...

Strauss
Sehwag
Dravid *
Lara
Kallis
Sangakkara +
Flintoff
Pollock
Kumble
Muralitharan
Akhtar

12: Collingwood
12th man Collingwood? I presume your only doing that to boost his ego...Collingwood would get nowhere near World XI selection if the selectors have any brains.
I guess this is the one day squad? If your looking for the allrounder type I would far rather have Cairns and if you want a batsman I can think of many who would qualify ahead of Collingwood

Last edited:

Sehwag309

Banned
marc71178 said:
Well if you wouldn't take it to court, it's because you have no proof, so why do you say it on here?
Not direct proof, but it can be considered 'Intent'. A good lawyer can make Shane Warne look like a regular drug taker :-O

Thus only 1 year ban

Scallywag

Banned
Sehwag309 said:
Not direct proof, but it can be considered 'Intent'. A good lawyer can make Shane Warne look like a regular drug taker :-O

Thus only 1 year ban
A better lawyer could make it look like the sample was contaminated by a third party.

Thus he could then sue the ICC for defamation and slander against his good character.

:D

C_C

International Captain
Kumble averages over 40 in OZ but his last series was clearly against the grain and he did pretty well.
Plus who is the other option ? Harmison ? please.....he has very limited experience against OZ and its pretty crappy.

C_C

International Captain
A better lawyer could make it look like the sample was contaminated by a third party.

Thus he could then sue the ICC for defamation and slander against his good character.
A better lawyer will tuck tail and run at that idea as trying to prove BOTH samples were contaminated is an exercis in futility.

Warne is a great leggie......but he is also a drug cheat. Its just as simple as that.

Stumped342

Cricket Spectator
C_C said:
A better lawyer will tuck tail and run at that idea as trying to prove BOTH samples were contaminated is an exercis in futility.

Warne is a great leggie......but he is also a drug cheat. Its just as simple as that.
:laughing:

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
C_C said:
ANYONE who takes a masking agent is implicitly guilty of taking performance enhancing drugs.
That is standard IAAF and IOC procedures.

Legally, you do not have to prove that a person has taken performance enhancing drugs to accuse them of doping. You have to be abole to prove that they took any of the banned drugs- performance enhancing or masking agent.

Shane Warne is guilty of taking banned drugs, ie, he is a drug cheat.
Shane Warne is guilty.
Simple as that.

He tested positive for hydrochlorothiazide and amiloride, drugs which are used for several things but primarily for weight loss by athletes.
Since weight loss leads to a direct increase in stamina, it *IS* a performance enhancing drug.
There is the proof Marc, a masking agent that is used to cover perfromance enhancing drugs. Whay else would the drug be banned

Sehwag309

Banned
Scallywag said:

:D
Sabotage! Hmm, weak case

..and that too v/s Warne? who has accepted money in the past, phone *** etc etc

If it's a jury, he will go down big time

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Back to the side IMO if Flintoff, Harmison, Struass have good Ashes series, their walk up starts. Maybe Vaughan would also be in catergory, but if they they average ones then u can say bye bye to most of them. The Ashes will be a big determining factor on who play and who doesn't.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Sir Redman said:
12th man Collingwood? I presume your only doing that to boost his ego...Collingwood would get nowhere near World XI selection if the selectors have any brains.
AFAIK all a 12th man does is field...

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
chaminda_00 said:
There is the proof Marc, a masking agent that is used to cover perfromance enhancing drugs.
Yes all he was proven to take was a masking agent.

He has never been proven to take any performance enhancing drug.

twctopcat

International Regular
Sir Redman said:
I guess this is the one day squad? If your looking for the allrounder type I would far rather have Cairns and if you want a batsman I can think of many who would qualify ahead of Collingwood
Was wondering how many people would miss the point of the 12th man.

garage flower

State Vice-Captain
marc71178 said:
Can you prove he took it to mask anything and not to help lose weight?
I was being a bit flippant and didn't study the case closely enough to make particularly informed comment.

The fact is that he took a banned substance and yet seems to have received minimal criticism from either the cricketing fraternity or general public.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I think he's had the criticism, but some people are going over the top about things that there is absolutely no proof of.