• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Domestic Season Thread (2005)

Link

State Vice-Captain
oooooooooooooooooooooooh. :thumbdown
Well if you cast your mind bak to last year Lancashire didnt have much fun with the tykes. The great 20/20 game with Harvey's ton, and the C&G semi with Vaughan's ton.
So i expect repeat perfomances. C'mon boys

Swervy

International Captain
Link said:
oooooooooooooooooooooooh. :thumbdown
Well if you cast your mind bak to last year Lancashire didnt have much fun with the tykes. The great 20/20 game with Harvey's ton, and the C&G semi with Vaughan's ton.
So i expect repeat perfomances. C'mon boys
yeah..but i think we all know Lancashire are better than Yorkshire :p

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
yeah and in the C&G they had Vaughan and Hoggard but we didn't have Freddy, if we'd have Freddie we'd probably have won.

We did win in the preseason friendly :p

Link

State Vice-Captain
Swervy said:
how do you work that out, on the basis of their team. and for that matter underachieve year in year out.

Link

State Vice-Captain
superkingdave said:
yeah and in the C&G they had Vaughan and Hoggard but we didn't have Freddy, if we'd have Freddie we'd probably have won.

We did win in the preseason friendly :p
wow pre season friendly, aka no meaning. Wait there, freddie was at the 20/20 match same result thou. and are you admitting in any way that Lancashire are just a 1 man team?? because i will
yes the battle is on

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
I see everyone is quivering at the thought of playing the reigning Twenty20 Champions

GO LEICESTERSHIRE!!!!

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
you may have won the twenty20 but i dont seem to remember yorkshire making the later stages of the twenty20.

its good to get back in the same league as ye anyway, we've been waiting for you to get promoted but you couldn't seem to manage it so we decided to get relegated instead, should make for a couple of interesting Roses matches this year.

AIGF

Link

State Vice-Captain
ha ha lol. touche. Yea exactly, i cannot defend that, we always seem to underachive to, but still im a tyke through and through. And yep the roses matches are on

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Swervy said:
No, some people just like to kid themselves that they are.
Let's cast our minds back a little way, shall we...?
Atherton
Crawley
Fairbrother
Lloyd
Watkinson
Hegg
Flintoff
Schofield
Chapple
Martin
Muralitharan

plays

Wood
Vaughan
McGrath
Lehmann
Byas
White
Hamilton
Blakey
Silverwood
Gough
Hoggard

And then:
Atherton
Crawley
Flintoff
Fairbrother
Lloyd
Watkinson
Hegg
Schofield
Chapple
Martin
Muralitharan

plays

White
Vaughan
Lehmann
Byas
McGrath
Blakey
Hamilton
Fisher
Gough
Silverwood
Hoggard

Doesn't take a genius to work-out the better side from where I'm standing... especially when we've got Hutchison and Sidebottom in reserve.
As for these days, well... we're neither of us what we used to be, of course, but I'd say the weakening has been equal on both sides.

Swervy

International Captain
Richard said:
No, some people just like to kid themselves that they are.
Let's cast our minds back a little way, shall we...?
Atherton
Crawley
Fairbrother
Lloyd
Watkinson
Hegg
Flintoff
Schofield
Chapple
Martin
Muralitharan

plays

Wood
Vaughan
McGrath
Lehmann
Byas
White
Hamilton
Blakey
Silverwood
Gough
Hoggard

And then:
Atherton
Crawley
Flintoff
Fairbrother
Lloyd
Watkinson
Hegg
Schofield
Chapple
Martin
Muralitharan

plays

White
Vaughan
Lehmann
Byas
McGrath
Blakey
Hamilton
Fisher
Gough
Silverwood
Hoggard

Doesn't take a genius to work-out the better side from where I'm standing... especially when we've got Hutchison and Sidebottom in reserve.
As for these days, well... we're neither of us what we used to be, of course, but I'd say the weakening has been equal on both sides.
well my comment was just smack talk..tongue in cheek etc

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
A shame.
Mind, Chaminda didn't exactly distinguish himself on his visit to The Rose Bowl.