• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Biggest all time **** up

Fiery

Banned
Jono said:
Boy was that a shocker!
Thought Craig McMillan had become ambidextrous and moved across the ditch for a moment.
Hard to explain that one to the boys in the shed :)

Last edited:

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
reminds me of a story about mark waugh. australia is up by a fair margin in the 2nd innings, junior is batting and pretty set, waiting for the declaration. phil tufnell comes over the wicket and starts bowling outside leg stump, and eventually mark waugh got bored, moved outside his leg stump, played a reverse sweep and ended up hitting the ball onto his stumps. everyone in the changerooms is chuckling, while mark taylor gets a bit testy, saying "what sort of shot is that to be playing as a test cricketer, you should have more pride in ur performance than that, etc.". mark waugh unpads, walks back up to the viewing area, looks at the replay of his shot on the tv and says "jesus, how unlucky am i?" - and all the aussie players just crack up laughing.

Fiery

Banned
vic_orthdox said:
reminds me of a story about mark waugh. australia is up by a fair margin in the 2nd innings, junior is batting and pretty set, waiting for the declaration. phil tufnell comes over the wicket and starts bowling outside leg stump, and eventually mark waugh got bored, moved outside his leg stump, played a reverse sweep and ended up hitting the ball onto his stumps. everyone in the changerooms is chuckling, while mark taylor gets a bit testy, saying "what sort of shot is that to be playing as a test cricketer, you should have more pride in ur performance than that, etc.". mark waugh unpads, walks back up to the viewing area, looks at the replay of his shot on the tv and says "jesus, how unlucky am i?" - and all the aussie players just crack up laughing.
:D :D Excellent. Thanks for that. I needed a laugh before I hit the sack. Might have to play a reverse sweep 1st ball tomorrow for a laugh.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
SJS said:
Frankly, unless the person you are talking of is so close to you and such a bum chum that you can take liberties and he wont mind, this is in very poor taste indeed.

Its okay by others, if it is okay by him, . But is it ?
well said. i really hate it how seemingly EVERYONE jumps on the bandwagon when it comes to insulting richard. sure he makes some mistakes, but so do many other members, and they dont get slaughtered.

BlackCap_Fan

State Vice-Captain
Sir Redman said:
Kyle Mills almost enters the list from his exploits last year against SA. Losing a game from an unloseable situation would get him there with honours, but as he didnt quite manage it his efforts will sadly lack the recognition they deserve :p
SA do seem to be involoved in this kind of thing a lot dont they?
At least they're not at the recieving end.

:happy:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
BlackCap_Fan said:
At least they're not at the recieving end.

:happy:
Well if we want to be harsh, we could say Pollock choked by not being able to hit a fourth six in the over to win the game :p

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
BCCI's telecast rights bungle....who knows what the fans may miss.

Every one of the BCCI's bungles deserves a place here.

)Swing(

Cricket Spectator
Australia enforcing the follow-on in India, 2001. Can anyone say 'whoops-I'm-a-stupid-head'?

'cause I can't.

Deja moo

International Captain
)Swing( said:
Australia enforcing the follow-on in India, 2001. Can anyone say 'whoops-I'm-a-stupid-head'?

'cause I can't.
TBF, it was a one off. No one could have anticipated what was to follow.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
12th Man said:
The BCCI have made a right mess of the tv deal. Currenthly, who owns the live coverage?
Nobody at present. Usually local Tests/ODI's are covered by DD Sport, possibly one of the worst sport channels around. It's time the BCCI asks a major channel such as the ESPN/STAR combo or Ten or the forthcoming Zee Sports to cover the matches.

tassietiger

U19 Debutant
How about England vs. West Indies in the ICC Champion's Trophy

8/147 chasing 217, West Indies never should have won it, England really did **** up that one.

12th Man

U19 12th Man
That's high up there. So's another england one against india in the 2002 natwest series final due to kaif and yuvraj. I've never liked india or west indies since those disasters

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
tassietiger said:
How about England vs. West Indies in the ICC Champion's Trophy

8/147 chasing 217, West Indies never should have won it, England really did **** up that one.
What does that tell you? They lack backup!

12th Man

U19 12th Man
The key to that was ashley giles not bowling. England kept with wharf who'd bowled crap throughout the tournament and although collingwood bowled 10 good overs, giles should have bowled