• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Biggest all time **** up

12th Man

U19 12th Man
Unsurprisingly both are south africa.

1999 Klusener running out donald. I remember the shot of cronje's face in the changing rooms after that run out. Did he really care?

2003 Duckworth/Lewis. Allan Donald(12th Man) said that boje ran on to the pitch to tell klusener they needed another run. Klusener got halfway down and didn't tell boucher. Out they went again.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
12th Man said:
Unsurprisingly both are south africa.

1999 Klusener running out donald. I remember the shot of cronje's face in the changing rooms after that run out. Did he really care?

2003 Duckworth/Lewis. Allan Donald(12th Man) said that boje ran on to the pitch to tell klusener they needed another run. Klusener got halfway down and didn't tell boucher. Out they went again.
What does that tell of the "Zulu" ??

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
There are some others that could make the list that don't involve South Afric. A couple of awful shots (gatting's reverse sweep, Martyn's wild swing) that have, fairly or unfairly, been considered to have cost a team the game. Also, dropped catches like Gibbs (okay, South Africa again) in the '99 WC.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Adamc said:
Mark Stumprakash?
There's another one. I recall during the second test between Sri Lanka and Australia last year, Sri Lanka looked like they might get a win with only 33 runs left to get and Vaas and Lokuarachchi set at the crease in a vital stand when Vaas did a Ramprakash against Warne and threw his wicket away. After that, Sri Lanka only got 5 more runs and Gillespie and Warne finished them off for a 27 run win and a series victory.

garage flower

State Vice-Captain
Had it cost West Indies the game, Pedro Collins wandering backwards over the boundary line having caught Klusener in the deep during the closing stages of the 2003 World Cup game, would have been right up there.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
SpaceMonkey said:
Not that id say Donald was a liar! but i wouldnt take just 1 mans word for it!
Same here, Donald has a history of choking, I still remember the final of the Hero Cup SA needed 3 runs from the final over(bowled by Tendulkar) Donald was at one end with Brian Mcmillan. SA Lost the finals, thanks to Donald.

Swervy

International Captain
garage flower said:
Had it cost West Indies the game, Pedro Collins wandering backwards over the boundary line having caught Klusener in the deep during the closing stages of the 2003 World Cup game, would have been right up there.
in the same game, in the last over when someone got caught in the deep by a WI player, the batsmen didnt cross over whilst the ball was in the air. The new batsman then had to try and get the runs to win..silly error

garage flower

State Vice-Captain
Swervy said:
in the same game, in the last over when someone got caught in the deep by a WI player, the batsmen didnt cross over whilst the ball was in the air. The new batsman then had to try and get the runs to win..silly error
That rings a bell now you mention it. It would have been Sarwan (I think) catching klusener in the deep. May have been Pollock not securing the strike, but I'm not sure.

Camel56

Banned
Biggest **** up of all time would have to be the failure of Richard's parents to make it to make it to the abortion clinic before the 12 week cut-off.

Blaze

Banned
Camel56 said:
Biggest **** up of all time would have to be the failure of Richard's parents to make it to make it to the abortion clinic before the 12 week cut-off.
Lol harsh

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Camel56 said:
Frankly, unless the person you are talking of is so close to you and such a bum chum that you can take liberties and he wont mind, this is in very poor taste indeed.

Its okay by others, if it is okay by him, . But is it ?

I can testify to the fact that Camel is one of the most highly regarded sports critics in the business. Clean up your own backyards before having a go at this distinguished gentleman.