• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bucknor should umpire ashes series

JustTool

State 12th Man
Bucknor and Lloyd

Bucknor should umpire and Lloyd should be referee. Absolutely !

Have been saying for a long time both these guys have a real problem - pehaps it started when Lloyd lost the 1983 world cup to huge underdogs India ? :wacko:

And Bucknor - he is beyond redemption. It is a disgrace that players have to put up with these 2 morons who believe they are bigger than the game... :@

Duncan

U19 Debutant
It seems the Indians hate Bucknor with a passion. I think he is a good umpire. Nobody's perfect of course. Bowden and Dar are also good.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Duncan said:
It seems the Indians hate Bucknor with a passion. I think he is a good umpire. Nobody's perfect of course. Bowden and Dar are also good.
You'll find its slowly becoming more than the Indians.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I used to rate Bucknor as the best 2-3 years ago. Not sure he's quite as sharp these days.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Duncan said:
It seems the Indians hate Bucknor with a passion.

I think he is a good umpire. Nobody's perfect of course.

Bowden and Dar are also good.
Its true but not totally without reason, believe me.
WAS....once upon a time.
Yes, they are better.

Last edited:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I really am quite astounded at some of the animosity aimed at Aleem Dar.
Steve Bucknor ain't what he used to be, anyone can see that - it's probably about time he retired. I'm now pretty glad Venkat decided to go before all this happened to him, and as a result went with his reputation intact.
Call me biased but I think Jeremy Lloyds has done an excellent job indeed since being elevated to the Panel.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Scallywag said:
Bucknor and Dar to umpire and I agree Lloyd should be the referee.
I'm not sure we actually know that these death-threats came from Englishmen... though of course they'd have as a whole more gripes about them through the series than the SAfricans. Please update me if an update is available.
Quite simply, Umpiring errors are being highlighted more and more (who knows - maybe happening more and more) and I feel it's totally unacceptible. You're never going to get total perfection, but the suggestions that bringing-in every technological aid possible would slow the game immeasurably are quite ridiculous - over-rates are stupidly slow enough as it is - it's long past time someone acted to stop that, and if you can stop that you can speed things up in the third-Umpire department too.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Dar is a perfectly decent umpire. Bucknor is probably not quite what he once was, but he's not as bad as people like to make out either.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
FaaipDeOiad said:
Dar is a perfectly decent umpire. Bucknor is probably not quite what he once was, but he's not as bad as people like to make out either.
It depends which people you're talking about.
Some make out histrionically that he's the worst Umpire ever to stand; he's not as bad as they like to make-out; but he is, I think, as bad as people who've actually assessed his performances with an open mind think.

Deja moo

International Captain
FaaipDeOiad said:
I agree about Dar being good.

Bucknor on the other hand.......

Bucknor would be a reasonable choice but the fantastic Norwegian umpire they used in the Centenary Test, Waldemar Jørgen, is a far superior umpire. I haven't seen him make a mistake yet.

twctopcat

International Regular
I rate Jeremy Lloyd having seen him a fair bit in the last year. Bucknor used to me my fav about 18months ago but he has gone a bit senile i think. I think Taufel, Dar and Bowden are the best at the moment.