• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bucknor should umpire ashes series

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hmmmm im not totally convinced about Dar, for some reason i dont think he has enough of an.... authoritive appearance... i know its weird to say that, but i still think that he could be easily intimidated when the big names clash, i would just rather see him get a bit more experience.

I think Billy is the best Umpire going around, good comic value too

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Taufel is another great one. It's unfortunate we don't get him for Australian tests due to the neutral umpires rule.

That South African umpire whos name temporarily escapes me is good as well.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Rudi Kuertzen?

With my current injured shoulder, I'm now umpire of cricket games. I take after Rudi giving them the 'slow death' rising finger whenever I give someone out :cool:

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Jono said:
Rudi Kuertzen?

With my current injured shoulder, I'm now umpire of cricket games. I take after Rudi giving them the 'slow death' rising finger whenever I give someone out :cool:
That's the one.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
I personally don't rate Dar,but that is my personally opinion. I also think that Bowden, Korsten, Shep, Lloyd, Teufal and harper are better than Bucknor these days.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
it should be bowden, if harper wasnt australian then it should have been him as well as these in my opinion are the two best umpires in the game.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
howardj said:
He's full of self-importance, the ridiculous way he gives batsmen out.
Bowden is full of self-importance, the ridiculous way he gives batsmen out. 8-)
For crying out loud, there's nothing to say you have to raise your finger at a certain speed (or straight, incidentally); what the hell does that matter?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
benchmark00 said:
Hmmmm im not totally convinced about Dar, for some reason i dont think he has enough of an.... authoritive appearance... i know its weird to say that, but i still think that he could be easily intimidated when the big names clash, i would just rather see him get a bit more experience.
I know what you mean there; never heard him speak a single word. Always seems really, really quiet.
Hopefully that means the players would respect him rather than try to take advantage.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
twctopcat said:
I rate Jeremy Lloyd having seen him a fair bit in the last year. Bucknor used to me my fav about 18months ago but he has gone a bit senile i think. I think Taufel, Dar and Bowden are the best at the moment.
That'd be Jeremy Lloyds. :p Yeah, he looks really good - amazing he hasn't popped-up before now.
I don't think Bucknor's gone senile, but either his eyesight is degenerating or he's just not concentrating like he used to.
Senile is going a bit far, though!

twctopcat

International Regular
Richard said:
That'd be Jeremy Lloyds. :p Yeah, he looks really good - amazing he hasn't popped-up before now.
I don't think Bucknor's gone senile, but either his eyesight is degenerating or he's just not concentrating like he used to.
Senile is going a bit far, though!
Fair enough, senile was the first word that popped into my head! Thing that makes me laugh about lloyds is the way he shouts "not out" really loud after an appeal is made. He did it a couple of times in the england vs india natwest last year on some pretty good calls by the indians, blatantly sticking up for the english boys! :D