• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australiand Domestic 20/20 Competition Confirmed

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Josh said:
Good point.

I think the super series games should've been shared with Perth & Brisbane tho.
I think the main reason its in Melbourne is so they can play it under the Roof and not have it washed out.. That would be the worst thing for Cricket, All the hype and then a wash out...

As for Twenty20 i like the game, although its not traditional i can tell you alot of people who have found an interest in it who don't watch normal cricket...
My misses for one... She likes cricket and will watch it if i am watching it, but for the Twenty20 she loved it and was so excited...

To those who think it wont bring people to the game, Wake Up!!

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
one_dayer said:
Will the Aus/NZ Twenty20 match this month be the first "Official" Twenty20 International?
Something like that, there was a Women's international before and an international involving an Australian A side.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
How many games will each team play aganist each other. I heard it was 3 rounds, then i read somewhere else it was 5 games each, one match aganist each team. Does anyone know what the exact format is, i really want to know how many games we are going having in sydney.

Also did anyone of u guys hear about the proposal to have a series involving the three Aussie which would be captained by Pointing, Gilchrist and Clarke. The top 33 players or so would play in 20/20 matches across Australia proir to the start of the season or before the International Season. I heard about it on the radio, i think it would be simliar to the Challenge Series they have in India involving India Seniors, India A and India B.