Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Rawalpindi Express derailed

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SJS
    Thats interesting.
    Imran and Sarfaraz never did get along from the time Imran ecame the skipper and dropped Sarfaraz.
    How ungreatful of him.
    Fancy dropping the man who taught you how to bowl reverse-swing.
    Nah, Pakistani cricket will always be rife with that sort of back-stabbing and perceived back-stabbing.
    If only every team could be run the Duncan Fletcher way instead of the Ray Illingworth-Brian Bolus way (you need to have read Opening Up to fully comprehend this).
    RD
    Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourth
    (Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
    chris.hinton: h
    FRAZ: Arshad's are a long gone stories
    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006

U19 Debutant
    I do think Shoaib is being used as a scapegoat but I also think he does bowl a whole lot of rubbish as well. If he fails against India, I would suggest for the PCB to drop him for awhile so he can learn how to bowl. He is just too arrogant, he acts like he is carrying the whole team like someone already mentioned.

School Boy/Girl Captain dudeurfriend's Avatar
    Yes people all of u are right.he should not be arrogant and he should learn to be a bit more disciplined.He should be more responsible and try to make people talk about his bowling rather than his ill-mannered behaviours on and off the field.......

U19 Vice-Captain
    How long is lees run up? Hes as fast as shoaib and can maintain his speed over longer spells.

School Boy/Girl Captain dudeurfriend's Avatar
    Time for Shoiabh to wear his Thinking cap.....

SJS
    Virus 2 Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by dudeurfriend
    Time for Shoiabh to wear his Thinking cap.....
    Wear it on what ??

Quote Originally Posted by marc71178
    For once I thought you were being unbiased, but then you decided he needed help from Pathan (!)
    I was unbaised, i gave the example of Pathan as he just came into my mind, maybe i should had mentioned Harmison, that would have made everyone happy!

Quote Originally Posted by -dude-
    Yeah, I thought too....Pathan's record so far without help from Bangladesh?

attitude, attitude, ATTITUDE.I was simply talking about Pathan's positive attitude.

I never said that Akhtar isn't a good bowler, i was actually supporting Akhtar and i think that ppl shouldn't criticize Akhtar on his long run-up.If Akhtar can be blamed on anything then its got to be his attitude.

SJS
    Virus 2 Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by wahindiawah
    I was unbaised, i gave the example of Pathan as he just came into my mind, maybe i should had mentioned Harmison, that would have made everyone happy!
    The problem is if you mention an Indian bowler , past or present, (for help) it will be found offensive for obvious reasons. If it is an Australian, it wil be seen as not palatable on account of the current/ongoing series. If it is a former Pakistani great, then it has to do with the internal power politics of Pakistani cricket !!

Basically, you cant criticise a nation's icon be it Warne, Murali, Tendulkar or Shoaib !!

It pains me to see him compete with the speed gun when he has so much to give to the game by concentrating on competeing with the batsman.
    I don't think that is the case.He was obsessed with breaking the 100 mph record in the past but after breaking it he seems to have no interest atall to even bowl near 160 KPH.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrow
    How long is lees run up? Hes as fast as shoaib and can maintain his speed over longer spells.
    Yet he cannot retain his place in test side, and that has something to do with his poor performance!

SJS
    Virus 2 Champion!
    I don't think that is the case.He was obsessed with breaking the 100 mph record in the past but after breaking it he seems to have no interest atall to even bowl near 160 KPH.
    I heard him on television a month back saying he can and will bowl even faster.

I heard him on television a month back saying he can and will bowl even faster.
    But he talks alot, is a self-loving person and often talk crap.

However the important thing is that lately(since some time) i haven't seen him trying to break the 100 MPH record. Also Shoaib has said a number of times that he's now more interested in taking wkts then bowler faster.

SJS
    Virus 2 Champion!
    But he talks alot, is a self-loving person and often talk crap.

However the important thing is that lately(since some time) i haven't seen him trying to break the 100 MPH record. Also Shoaib has said a number of times that he's now more interested in taking wkts then bowler faster.
    I hope so because it is a great sight to see him bowling to the best batsmen in the world and bowling well !

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Or maybe you should've mentioned someone who was consistently successful over a long time.
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information