Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lucky Gilly

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja moo
    How is your teammates fielding brilliance "your own luck "???
    Well its not bad luck if the opposition team keep dropping catches off your batting and its not bad luck if you own team mates dont drop as many catches.

Quote Originally Posted by Scallywag
    Well its not bad luck if the opposition team keep dropping catches off your batting and its not bad luck if you own team mates dont drop as many catches.

How are you calling that "making your own luck " ?
    Millhouse: you know when your dog ate my goldfish bart and you told me i never had a goldfish, then why did i have the bowl bart! why did i have the bowl!!!!
    Karthik_moo@hotmail.com
    Member of the MSC and the AAAS
    Wanna Search ?
    Waughney : We are well taken care of here at the Rehab centre.

Banned
    How are you calling that "making your own luck " ?

Well if you go for your shots knowing the other team may just drop you and it comes off then you are making your own luck.

When I say it comes off I mean both ways, you hit the boundry or the catch is spilled.

If you just block the ball without going for the shots then you are not making your own luck.

Make sense.

Well if you go for your shots knowing the other team may just drop you and it comes off then you are making your own luck.

When I say it comes off I mean both ways, you hit the boundry or the catch is spilled.

If you just block the ball without going for the shots then you are not making your own luck.

Make sense.

No. You suggested that Gilly deserved his 'luck' because Australia was a good fielding side while other teams are not. How can a batsman deserve his 'luck' just because he doesnt have the Australian team fielding against him ? You seem to suggest that Gilly deserves it because Australia are a good fielding side :

Maybe its just good cricket by the Australian players if they dont drop as many catches as the other teams.
    Call it luck if you wish but it also could be that one team make their own luck by working harder on their fielding so they dont drop as many catches.

Banned
    No. You suggested that Gilly deserved his 'luck' because Australia was a good fielding side while other teams are not. How can a batsman deserve his 'luck' just because he doesnt have the Australian team fielding against him ? You seem to suggest that Gilly deserves it because Australia are a good fielding side :
    Read what I said again.

**Maybe its just good cricket by the Australian players if they dont drop as many catches as the other teams.
    Call it luck if you wish but it also could be that one team make their own luck by working harder on their fielding so they dont drop as many catches.**

I cant see where I suggested Gilly deserved his luck, I just stated why he may have more catches dropped against him than other players. And that makes pretty good sense to me.

Read what I said again.

**Maybe its just good cricket by the Australian players if they dont drop as many catches as the other teams.
    Call it luck if you wish but it also could be that one team make their own luck by working harder on their fielding so they dont drop as many catches.**

I cant see where I suggested Gilly deserved his luck, I just stated why he may have more catches dropped against him than other players. And that makes pretty good sense to me.
    As long as you dont suggest that that makes him a better batsman than a player who does get caught giving comparable chances.

Banned
    As long as you dont suggest that that makes him a better batsman than a player who does get caught giving comparable chances.
    Who do you think would be the better batsman:

The one who hits it in the air knowing it may be dropped if miscued or the batsman hitting it in the air knowing it will be caught if miscued.

Batting is using your brain as well as using you bat.

The one who hits it in the air knowing it may be dropped if miscued or the batsman hitting it in the air knowing it will be caught if miscued.

If the batsman is miscueing it, hes a bad batsman . full stop. Since when did miscueing batsmen become good ones ?

Banned
    If the batsman is miscueing it, hes a bad batsman . full stop. Since when did miscueing batsmen become good ones ?
    Name one batsman who never miscues the ball.

Name one batsman who never miscues the ball.

If a batsman sets out to miscue his shots delibrately (using his brain, as you put it), I'm sorry, I cannot name a single one.

Banned
    If a batsman sets out to miscue his shots delibrately (using his brain, as you put it), I'm sorry, I cannot name a single one.

Once again read what I wrote.

I said IF he miscues, I did not say he deliberately miscues.

All batsmen have to take risks to score runs and you need to use your brain to anaylise those risks.

Once again read what I wrote.

I said IF he miscues, I did not say he deliberately miscues.

All batsmen have to take risks to score runs and you need to use your brain to anaylise those risks.

Yes. And you somehow seem to think that Gilchrist is a better batsmen just because he would tend to be dropped more often off those miscued shots compared to say Sehwag against Australia. The bottomline is you might take risks. But a batsman can have no control over the miscues, and it cannot be suggested that a batsman is using his brains when the miscues cocur.

Banned
    Yes. And you somehow seem to think that Gilchrist is a better batsmen just because he would tend to be dropped more often off those miscued shots compared to say Sehwag against Australia. The bottomline is you might take risks. But a batsman can have no control over the miscues, and it cannot be suggested that a batsman is using his brains when the miscues cocur.
    Well your not using your brain, I have not suggested Gilchrist is a better batsman than Sehwag or any other player , I have just suggested that Gilly gets dropped more than other players because Australia dont drop as many catches.

If Gilly plays that to his advantage then he is using his brain, if another player takes the same risks and it dosent work as well as it did for Gilly then you do the maths.

Well your not using your brain, I have not suggested Gilchrist is a better batsman than Sehwag or any other player , I have just suggested that Gilly gets dropped more than other players because Australia dont drop as many catches.

If Gilly plays that to his advantage then he is using his brain, if another player takes the same risks and it dosent work as well as it did for Gilly then you do the maths.

If that is indeed the case, doesnt that make him lucky that he doesnt have to face the Aussie fielding ?

Banned
    If that is indeed the case, doesnt that make him lucky that he doesnt have to face the Aussie fielding ?
    The difference is he had no input into making sure he didnt have to face the Aussie fielding that was just how it is.

But by taking on the fielders from other countries with his swashbuckling batting he has made his own luck. He could have played it safe and not gone for his shots but he does.

So therefore Gilly makes his own luck.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information