• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ICC Trophy Coming Soon!

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Steulen said:
Without becoming overly patriotic, I don't think you can dismiss the Dutch that easily.
I am not over looking them as they have as much chance as anyone in their group. But considering their form in the InterContenial Cup, they are a few sides in front of them. Also their group is allot harder, looking at their group u have to say their 4th favorites, if JB Burger, Davision and the Scotish Pros play. But if they don't play then they are probably the favorites in their group as they have more depth.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
chaminda00 said:
I am not over looking them as they have as much chance as anyone in their group. But considering their form in the InterContenial Cup, they are a few sides in front of them. Also their group is allot harder, looking at their group u have to say their 4th favorites, if JB Burger, Davision and the Scotish Pros play. But if they don't play then they are probably the favorites in their group as they have more depth.
What you have to remember is that the Intercontinental Cup was regional - so that only one team from Europe reached the semis. Hence, despite the fact that Canada reached the finals, they were absolutely mauled by Scotland and Blain, bowled out twice for less than 110 - whereas the Dutch held on for an easy draw. One can not automatically assume that teams from one geographical region is better than the second placed team in another region just because they reached the semis.

12th Man

U19 12th Man
Being English, i would should not want ireland and scotland to qualify, but i do. I think the 5 qualifiers will be:

Scotland, Ireland, UAE, Holland, USA

I hope Canada get through they were good at the last world cup, but their team is in disarray

Majin

International Debutant
Hey, what happened to Kenya? I'm confused and also to lazy to search myself. :}

I'd like Nepal to do well, 'cause that's where my dads from so its in the blood and stuff.

Steulen

International Regular
Kenya are already in the WC because they are a fully qualified ODI team. Not that any one of the other ODI teams want to know that.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Samuel_Vimes said:
What you have to remember is that the Intercontinental Cup was regional - so that only one team from Europe reached the semis. Hence, despite the fact that Canada reached the finals, they were absolutely mauled by Scotland and Blain, bowled out twice for less than 110 - whereas the Dutch held on for an easy draw. One can not automatically assume that teams from one geographical region is better than the second placed team in another region just because they reached the semis.
U also have to remember Blain didn't play aganist the Dutch, he makes a big difference to the Scotish team

Steulen

International Regular
If I'm not mistaken Van Bunge didn't play in the Intercontinental Cup either. He could be huge for the Dutch.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Steulen said:
If I'm not mistaken Van Bunge didn't play in the Intercontinental Cup either. He could be huge for the Dutch.
I'm pretty sure he did play one of the two games, not sure aganist who but

wadey4

Cricket Spectator
chaminda_00 said:
I'm pretty sure he did play one of the two games, not sure aganist who but
Yeah, Van Bunge played the game against Scotland. He made 19,0 and didnt Bowl.
Bruce Patterson played for Scotland too, he hit Scotlands first ODI ball off Damien Fleming through the covers for 4.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
hey steulen guess you are a Hcc'er looking at your commands about Smits, i dont like him sorry :) and he is getting a bit old, look at Atse Buurman of Vcc he is an awesome keeper and also a pretty good batsman.
im surely hoping that the netherlands will advance to the world cup. ive heard a rumour that van bunge might not play in this trophy because the mcc might not let him go.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Id like to see Namibia go through.. Players to look out for being the usual Kotze, Burger, Keulder, maybe Stefan Swanepoel and Gerrie Snyman will come to the party..

Isn't group B so much harder than A? Namibia would walk it if they were in the right group :@

cricket player

International Debutant
my nation lost at ACC trophy which was held at malaysia.

Afghanistan was puddy much a good cricketing team perhaps one of a batsman made a hundreth,afghanistan almost beat oman

afghanistan made 208 runs

nafas gul made a hundreth with 3 sixes under his belt