• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand v Australia

MoxPearl

State Vice-Captain
*turns off tv*

Good game australia.. u outplayed us again....

Just shows how much aussie are ahead of the world at the moment....

i hope the selectors make some massive changes for the last game...

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Nice delivery from Cairns.

Frankly, Jeff Wilson is a joke. No offence to anyone who likes him for his rugby ability, but if this guy is international class then Bangladesh are the second best test side. He's just terrible.

Crazy Sam

International 12th Man
I don't see Hopes being anywhere near penetrative enough with the ball at test level. He's got the potential to be a very good ODI number 7, but unlike Watson he wouldn't be very successful in he longer form in my view.
that's a fair enough call, his first class stats aren't terribly great yet, but I think he is in very good form. He's more of a 'container' bowler than a wicket-taker I suppose.

Crazy Sam

International 12th Man
you are right. this is just relentless, usually the aussies take it slowly after about 8-10 overs (although usually gilchrist is out by then).

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Mister Wright said:
Maybe this will kick the Lee supporters in the teeth. Lee 0-24 (6), Kasprowicz 1-17 (6)
well, I won't imagine it will really. I don't use the Kasprowicz 22 run over as as example that he shouldn't be in the team (but then again I think he should). Lee has been bowling very well lately though, and the Kiwi's don't seem to handle him that well - although a test match is a different proposition.

Fiery

Banned
Ming said:
Well, if you agree with Ian Smith, you would agree on Lance Hamilton being picked, because Smith has being calling for his selection for a while now.
I only said I agreed with him that the selectors heads should be on the block. I dont agree with selection of Hamilton though and he hasn't shown much to make me change my mind today. Neither has Cumming

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Fiery said:
I only said I agreed with him that the selectors heads should be on the block. I dont agree with selection of Hamilton though and he hasn't shown much to make me change my mind today. Neither has Cumming
Well what did I say, Lance Hamilton up to international level? Sure, this was just one match but he bowled what would've been a decent domestic spell against the World Champs.

Symonds gone now, at least we've found the crowd something to cheer about.

Crazy Sam

International 12th Man
quite unbelievable that australia have been going at around 7 an over for the entire innings. NZ are lucky we didn't bat first - the pain would probably have been prolonged !!! Australia must now win the 5th game to ensure the NZers do not have any sense of victory leading into the tests.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Somerset said:
I don't blame them considering the bowling display dished up today.
To be fair, the batting has been quite spectacular. But yes, the bowling has been poor enough that questions have to be asked. Wilson's international career is pretty much done I'd say, and Adams and even Tuffey are really being missed compared to Hamilton.

Also, New Zealand need to pick five actual bowlers, unless they're going to present slow pitches on which Astle and McMillan can be effective. I suppose with Cairns, Oram and Styris back in the side that would be a fairly easy task to achieve.

Last edited:

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
FaaipDeOiad said:
Nice delivery from Cairns.

Frankly, Jeff Wilson is a joke. No offence to anyone who likes him for his rugby ability, but if this guy is international class then Bangladesh are the second best test side. He's just terrible.
Well he deserved a chance but three matches against Australia (included the Twenty20 match) and he's failed to impress. Batting was also disappointing today. I wouldn't be surprised if he's selected for the Napier ODI but that'll only be because there's no one else - so that should be his last chance to make an impression.

Natman20

International Debutant
We really need Bond, Vettori and Oram if we wanted to get a win now against Australia. Our bowling attack is pitiful we don't have a great range of bowlers in this match and that has been shown in this enevitable loss

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
FaaipDeOiad said:
To be fair, the batting has been quite spectacular. But yes, the bowling has been poor enough that questions have to be asked. Wilson's international career is pretty much done I'd say, and Adams and even Tuffey are really being missed compared to Hamilton.
For sure, the Australian batting strength has been highlighted today but we certainly haven't made them work particularly hard.

To be honest, Tuffey is being missed. His accuracy at the start of an innings restricts the opposition and without him at his best, Australia are able to get away to flying starts. Adams could be useful but could just as likely be wayward, not what we need at the moment IMO.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Somerset said:
Well he deserved a chance but three matches against Australia (included the Twenty20 match) and he's failed to impress. Batting was also disappointing today. I wouldn't be surprised if he's selected for the Napier ODI but that'll only be because there's no one else - so that should be his last chance to make an impression.
To be fair, the ball with which he was dismissed would have got a lot better player out.

His bowling has potential. Good action and pace but lacking in consistency.

The problem is his age.

If he was early 20s, I'd say stick with him.