• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand v Australia

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
benchmark00 said:
Well your first point is just irrelevant then! and im glad you agree, because it backs up my point that AFL is more popular, which is all i care about.
Of course A.F.L. is going to be more popular amongst A.F.L. fans.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Mister Wright said:
Of course A.F.L. is going to be more popular amongst A.F.L. fans.
Argh, my point is that if you ask a Brisbane Lions supporter who also supports the Australian Cricket team, they would care more about Voss...

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
benchmark00 said:
Argh, my point is that if you ask a Brisbane Lions supporter who also supports the Australian Cricket team, they would care more about Voss...
You can't just say that with certainty. What if they had money on Ponting being the highest run scorer for the series?

MoxPearl

State Vice-Captain
benchmark00 said:

how on EARTH can u predict that !?

Retox

State Vice-Captain
benchmark00 said:

All seeing benchmark... Tell us the future.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
No way in the world that cricket is the most popular sport in Australia, or our national game. It is the number one summer sport, but comes a distant third to the main football codes, and soccer and union are coming up on it as well.

anzac

International Debutant
just an observation but it would seem that just about everyone in AUS supports a team in one of the 3 main football codes as their primary support, and then the national cricket team as opposed to any of the State sides..............

the national cricket team gets the support as the number 1 opportunity to dish it out to the rest of the world (so to speak) until the footy season/s start up and then they can 'bring back the biff' on the footy field................

Fiery

Banned
I have to say I'm not exactly inspired by the selection of Hamilton and Cumming. Just a couple of aging journeymen who are both just OK at State level. Cumming is not a one-day batsman. Maybe one of them will prove me wrong but I doubt it and if they don't then I have to agree with Ian Smith that the selectors heads should go on the line.

Ming

State 12th Man
Fiery said:
I have to say I'm not exactly inspired by the selection of Hamilton and Cumming. Just a couple of aging journeymen who are both just OK at State level. Cumming is not a one-day batsman. Maybe one of them will prove me wrong but I doubt it and if they don't then I have to agree with Ian Smith that the selectors heads should go on the line.
Well, if you agree with Ian Smith, you would agree on Lance Hamilton being picked, because Smith has being calling for his selection for a while now.

Crazy Sam

International 12th Man
cricket is easily our favourite 'national' sporting team, however people are just as passionate about their local league/afl/yawnion team because they're obviously in australia more often and more chances to see them.

BTW Well done to Hopes who debuts today ;)

MoxPearl

State Vice-Captain
51/0 for new zealand after 10 overs

:o!

Also i would have been a bit more risky with the selections.. i mean they put wilson in again.. :/

Woulda put in a spinner..

MoxPearl

State Vice-Captain
18 games since a side has had a partnership this long vs australia lol

The last partnership for 50 in opening vs australia was 50 games ago.. lol

Last edited:

MoxPearl

State Vice-Captain
flemming gone

Its not a dead rubber for new zealand thou.. we need to win one of these games to keep our 2nd ranking... so we get the other side of the draw from aussie for the world cup

twctopcat

International Regular
Yeah but it's the psychological factor that will help nz, maybe have a bit of fun now, shows by the fact that mcgrath got tonked (relatively) early on.