• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand v Australia

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
social said:
I will always argue (till im blue in the face obviously :D ) with those that say he "rubbish" and incapable of success at test level.
So his last 6 years are all a blip then?

Fiery

Banned
GladiatrsInBlue said:
BC are proving 2 be no match 2 aussies, probably they are missing Bond, but Bond is hardly ever fit
The last 4 times we've played them we've been beaten soundly once (because we bowled crap), beat them once and should have beaten them the other two times.
Quality players like Fleming, Cairns and Astle who have been fairly dormant up till now will stand up in the next 3 games and I honestly believe if we win the game in Auckland on Sunday and regain some confidence then we're a good chance to win the series.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Interesting to see that McGrath is being rested for the Auckland game...a bit disappointing really, was looking forward to watching one of the all-time greats bowl. Oh well. Gives us a slightly better chance of actually scoring some runs in the first 10 overs.

Australian 11:
Gilchrist
Katich
Ponting
Martyn
Symonds
Clarke
Hussey
Hogg
Lee
Gillespie
Kasprowicz

_Ed_

Problem is, Kasprowicz isn't a useless replacement, is he?

Last edited:

Fiery

Banned
_Ed_ said:
Interesting to see that McGrath is being rested for the Auckland game

That's the best news I've heard all day. :) How ****y of the Aussies to think they can "rest" players against us. Hope we can make them rue that decision.

Fiery

Banned
_Ed_ said:
Yeah. Problem is, Kasprowicz isn't a useless replacement, is he?
He's not in McGrath's class though and having heard that I am now confident of giving them a good touch up on Saturday.

_Ed_

But I will remind you once again that I have been to 13 ODIs, of those NZ have lost 12 including the last 11 in a row, and the only win I have seen was a 1 run victory over Zimbabwe in 1997. The last NZ v Aus match I saw involved NZ being all out for 122. Good stuff.

Fiery

Banned
_Ed_ said:
But I will remind you once again that I have been to 13 ODIs, of those NZ have lost 12 including the last 11 in a row, and the only win I have seen was a 1 run victory over Zimbabwe in 1997. The last NZ v Aus match I saw involved NZ being all out for 122. Good stuff.
I hope you can make yourself nice and comfortable on the couch at home then Ed.

_Ed_

:laugh: Nah I reckon the jinx will end tomorrow...haven't had a great last month or so, so I'm due a bit of luck! I have a good feeling about tomorrow's game. Would love a win but as long as we don't get thumped like in the 2nd game I won't be too disappointed even if we lose.