• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand v Australia

Scallywag

Banned
Blaze said:
Haha we do against other teams just not aussie.. Honestly though this performance is depressing. Out of interest how do you aussie fans such as Scallywag suggest we turn our fortunes around. Do you have any ideas? Where do you think we are going wrong?
I'm probably not the right person to ask, but I thing I think is important to Aussie players is the selectors. They have changed the way they select the team and interact with the players. Every state game is attended by at least one selector and players are told why they are not selected and what they need to do to get selected. listening to the fringe players they allways seem to accept why they are not in the team and whats required to achieve a spot.

I dont think there is an Australian player that dosent know where he stands with the selectors. Also faith in the players to improve and not just relax once they are in the team seems to be a dominant theme for the Aus players. McGrath is a good example of this because he is allways talking about getting better and not just resting on his past performances as some bowlers have tended to do.

Fiery

Banned
Hoggy: Can I give you a dry root too please Symmo. I know you don't like it when I do that but it's a big game!

Scallywag

Banned
Fiery said:
Typical Aussie team meeting:
Lee: Hey Symmo, what will you do if you get Astle out?
Symmo: I dunno, maybe point to the pavilion before presenting my ass to be groped by Hoggy. What will you do?
Lee: Not sure, still can't decide between the chainsaw or the starjump . Depends whether it's the number 10 or 11.
Typical NZ team meeting.

Cairns: Hey Mills what will you do if get Hayden out.
Mills: Hope the umpire sees it.
Fleming: Yeah but what if he gives it Millsie
Mills: Faint.

:D :D

Fiery

Banned
Scallywag said:
I'm probably not the right person to ask, but I thing I think is important to Aussie players is the selectors. They have changed the way they select the team and interact with the players. Every state game is attended by at least one selector and players are told why they are not selected and what they need to do to get selected. listening to the fringe players they allways seem to accept why they are not in the team and whats required to achieve a spot.

I dont think there is an Australian player that dosent know where he stands with the selectors. Also faith in the players to improve and not just relax once they are in the team seems to be a dominant theme for the Aus players. McGrath is a good example of this because he is allways talking about getting better and not just resting on his past performances as some bowlers have tended to do.
shh, I'm trying to watch the game

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
What is the world record for catches by a keeper, Gilly must be close. Also Vettori needs to be promoted he looks better then any of the other Kiwi batsmen.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
chaminda_00 said:
What is the world record for catches by a keeper, Gilly must be close. Also Vettori needs to be promoted he looks better then any of the other Kiwi batsmen.
If he only he did it in Game 1 :ph34r:

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Fiery said:
Typical Aussie team meeting:
Lee: Hey Symmo, what will you do if you get Astle out?
Symmo: I dunno, maybe point to the pavilion before presenting my ass to be groped by Hoggy. What will you do?
Lee: Not sure, still can't decide between the chainsaw or the starjump . Depends whether it's the number 10 or 11.
Sour grapes? becoming bit of a habit isnt it..... only way to stop it is to win... oh wait..my bad

Blaze

Banned
I want Mills to bat sensibly. He is a very good batsman IMO. Wilson looked pretty good as well. He actually suprised me a little. Vettori if he gets support could get a century here.

I wish they would show streakers when they come on to the field. It's always great entertainment