Page 52 of 239 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152 ... LastLast
Results 766 to 780 of 3585

Thread: **Official** New Zealand v Australia

  1. #766
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Whangaparaoa, Auckland
    Posts
    10,872
    Hey, I can't work out how to start a new thread. Please excuse my ignorance or stupidity but can someone please point me in the right direction.

  2. #767
    International Captain Slow Love™'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    6,080
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiery
    Hey, I can't work out how to start a new thread. Please excuse my ignorance or stupidity but can someone please point me in the right direction.
    Go to the cricket chat forum, and click on the "new thread" button above the grey bit, where it says "Threads in Forum: Cricket Chat" (top left).
    "Youre known for having a liking for men who look like women."
    - Linda

    "FFS I'm sick and tired of having to see a bloke bend over to pick something up or lean over and see their arse crack. For christ's sake pull your pants up or buy some underpants you bogan because nobody want's to see it. And this is a boat building shed (well one of them) not a porn studio."
    - Craig

  3. #768
    State Vice-Captain MoxPearl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Wellington, New Zealand
    Posts
    1,322

  4. #769
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Whangaparaoa, Auckland
    Posts
    10,872
    Quote Originally Posted by Slow Love™
    Go to the cricket chat forum, and click on the "new thread" button above the grey bit, where it says "Threads in Forum: Cricket Chat" (top left).
    Cheers Slow Love


  5. #770
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Whangaparaoa, Auckland
    Posts
    10,872
    And thanks MoxPearl

  6. #771
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,912
    Quote Originally Posted by Slow Love™
    It COULD have something to do with Scallywag's endless diatribes about accepting the umpires' decisions no matter what when they were criticized in previous threads, and just how quickly that pretence disappeared when the shoe was suddenly on the other foot.

    Just a guess - I've enjoyed the irony and how quickly he was exposed, though.
    You just didnt understand what I was doing Slow love, during the Aussie innings there was constant critisism of the umpires decisions even though the umpires umpired quite well, but every 50/50 decision (especially Haydens) were classed as wrong decisions even though they were the correct decisions.

    So to show the posters how stupid they were for going on about how australia got all the 50/50 decisions I posted how the umpires were wrong when ever NZ got the advantage of a 50/50 decision.

    Now if you look at the game you will see the umpiring was far more accurate and consistant than the idiots that go on about how Australia get all the 50/50 decisions.

    Some dumbo even stated the umpires were intimidated by the Aussies and when challenged about it he had no answer.

    So yeah I'm an idiot and you are all so good at critisizing the umpires and bitching.

  7. #772
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Whangaparaoa, Auckland
    Posts
    10,872
    Quote Originally Posted by Scallywag
    You just didnt understand what I was doing Slow love, during the Aussie innings there was constant critisism of the umpires decisions even though the umpires umpired quite well, but every 50/50 decision (especially Haydens) were classed as wrong decisions even though they were the correct decisions.

    So to show the posters how stupid they were for going on about how australia got all the 50/50 decisions I posted how the umpires were wrong when ever NZ got the advantage of a 50/50 decision.

    Now if you look at the game you will see the umpiring was far more accurate and consistant than the idiots that go on about how Australia get all the 50/50 decisions.

    Some dumbo even stated the umpires were intimidated by the Aussies and when challenged about it he had no answer.

    So yeah I'm an idiot and you are all so good at critisizing the umpires and bitching.
    The Hayden caught behind and Vettori's LBW weren't correct decisions. They were very bad ones and were proven to be wrong directly after they were made. Billy made the 2 howlers at the start and then when Aussie were batting you were chiming in disputing correct decisions trying to say they went against Australia. It just got a bit annoying. I'm sorry for calling you an idiot but Australia do seem to have got the rub of the green a lot of the time this year you must admit.

  8. #773
    International Regular Josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    3,903
    Hoggy a handy contriubution with the bat, good to see. Hayden, knew he'd eventually bounce back; Lee, bowled alright, extras coulda been less; McGrath - F**KING SENSATIONAL

  9. #774
    International Captain Slow Love™'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    6,080
    Quote Originally Posted by Scallywag
    You just didnt understand what I was doing Slow love, during the Aussie innings there was constant critisism of the umpires decisions even though the umpires umpired quite well, but every 50/50 decision (especially Haydens) were classed as wrong decisions even though they were the correct decisions.

    So to show the posters how stupid they were for going on about how australia got all the 50/50 decisions I posted how the umpires were wrong when ever NZ got the advantage of a 50/50 decision.

    Now if you look at the game you will see the umpiring was far more accurate and consistant than the idiots that go on about how Australia get all the 50/50 decisions.
    I can't comment on the quality of the umpiring, 'cause I didn't see any of the match.

    But if your intention was to be sarcastic, given your "simple" writing style, perhaps an emoticon (like rolling eyes) or two would have helped. The fact that people got annoyed at you doesn't exactly establish your point, because YOU get annoyed whenever anybody else criticizes the umpiring, including when the decisions ARE bad.

    Plus, you are annoying in general. Maybe you need a new log-in to start afresh if you're so intent on being taken seriously.

  10. #775
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,912
    Quote Originally Posted by Slow Love™
    I can't comment on the quality of the umpiring, 'cause I didn't see any of the match.

    But if your intention was to be sarcastic, given your "simple" writing style, perhaps an emoticon (like rolling eyes) or two would have helped. The fact that people got annoyed at you doesn't exactly establish your point, because YOU get annoyed whenever anybody else criticizes the umpiring, including when the decisions ARE bad.

    Plus, you are annoying in general. Maybe you need a new log-in to start afresh if you're so intent on being taken seriously.
    What is annoying is when people go on about the umpires when Australia are batting and then fail to see there own team get the benifit from the umpires.

    Yes I did get annoyed when posters critisized the umpires when Australia batted so I thought it would be a good idea to show them what its like, annoying isnt it.

    Even if I change my log on I will still think people not accepting the umpires decision is the problem not the umpires. Probably from coaching kids and teaching them that a umpire cant get it right all the time, but even worse is a player/supporter who thinks he can.

  11. #776
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Whangaparaoa, Auckland
    Posts
    10,872
    Quote Originally Posted by Scallywag
    What is annoying is when people go on about the umpires when Australia are batting and then fail to see there own team get the benifit from the umpires.

    Yes I did get annoyed when posters critisized the umpires when Australia batted so I thought it would be a good idea to show them what its like, annoying isnt it.

    Even if I change my log on I will still think people not accepting the umpires decision is the problem not the umpires. Probably from coaching kids and teaching them that a umpire cant get it right all the time, but even worse is a player/supporter who thinks he can.
    You weren't actually watching the game though were you? So you weren't in a position to comment on the decisions really

  12. #777
    Hall of Fame Member honestbharani's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Chennai
    Posts
    15,694
    I didn't watch the game, except early on when Hayden and Ponting were going, but from the outside, I get the feeling that NZ lost it because of Astle and Styris. As well as Australia might have bowled, I suspect there cannot be any excuse for such a painstaking scoring rate.
    We miss you, Fardin. :(. RIP.
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    In the end, I think it's so utterly, incomprehensibly boring. There is so much context behind each innings of cricket that dissecting statistics into these small samples is just worthless. No-one has ever been faced with the same situation in which they come out to bat as someone else. Ever.
    A cricket supporter forever

    Member of CW Red and AAAS - Appreciating only the best.


    Check out this awesome e-fed:

    PWE Efed

  13. #778
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,912
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiery
    You weren't actually watching the game though were you? So you weren't in a position to comment on the decisions really
    I listened to the game on radio and whenever the commentators disagreed with the decisions I posted it, so I only pointed out when the commentators thought Australia copped a bad decision. As for the runouts the NZ commentator was quite sure the third umpire got it wrong. Get used to it because I will be posting every decision that goes against Australia. I'm sick to death of hearing how everything goes Australias way and I'm going to let everybody know just how much goes against them.

  14. #779
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Whangaparaoa, Auckland
    Posts
    10,872
    Quote Originally Posted by Scallywag
    Get used to it because I will be posting every decision that goes against Australia. I'm sick to death of hearing how everything goes Australias way and I'm going to let everybody know just how much goes against them.
    How To Win Friends And Influence People by Scallywag

  15. #780
    International Captain Slow Love™'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    6,080
    Quote Originally Posted by Scallywag
    I listened to the game on radio and whenever the commentators disagreed with the decisions I posted it, so I only pointed out when the commentators thought Australia copped a bad decision. As for the runouts the NZ commentator was quite sure the third umpire got it wrong. Get used to it because I will be posting every decision that goes against Australia. I'm sick to death of hearing how everything goes Australias way and I'm going to let everybody know just how much goes against them.
    You weren't even watching the game? Sheesh. At least have some genuine interest in the accuracy of your own opinions, if you're going to make a big song and dance about the accuracy of the people who actually saw what happened.

    Anyhow, It's good that you HAVE actually thrown away your pretence about umpiring decisions not deserving criticism in order to make a point about which teams get favored. If it means anything, if I think you've made the right call, I might even agree with you, 'cause some of us are actually interested in umpiring standards and possible improvements to them.



Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •