• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand v Australia

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Will be interesting to see how we bat tonight, I hope Sinclair can score at a decent rate tonight when he bats, if he scratches around trying to find some confidence it could set our run chase back badly.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Blaze said:
We will never know unless he is tried.
You could say the same with many bowlers at the moment. He's a decent bowler, don't get me wrong, but would look out of his depth at international level.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Blaze said:
Age is a number IMO. If hes performing he deserves his chance. Play for the present not the future
The same could be said for Jeff Wilson, so I have to agree with Blaze here in terms of age. At the moment, he doesn't look ready though and I certainly wouldn't select Hamilton.

Fiery

Banned
Blaze said:
Age is a number IMO. If hes performing he deserves his chance. Play for the present not the future
Have to think about the future too. There are the odd exceptions, i.e, those who leave the selectors with no choice but to pick them, e.g Richardson or that dude in the movie The Rookie. Don't think Hamilton quite deserves to be there despite performing well in State cricket.

Fiery

Banned
_Ed_ said:
The run Bowden took off has been put back on...315 the target now.
Poor old Billy has had a rough time of it lately. A bit humiliating to have his decision overruled. Nothing worse than that for an umpire. Poor bugga.
Big guns need to fire here, e.g Flem, Astle and Cairns if we're to threaten

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Somerset said:
The same could be said for Jeff Wilson, so I have to agree with Blaze here in terms of age. At the moment, he doesn't look ready though and I certainly wouldn't select Hamilton.
Age does matter in ODIs as team have to build up to the WC every 4 years. You have to make sure that the players u select will be peaking at the time the WC comes around. You are better off picking a young guy who will be at his peak by the time the WC comes, rather then someone who will be dropping in performance.

Fiery

Banned
zinzan12 said:
Great .....Sinclair will miss or hit the field for the next 10 overs
I think the pitch might suit him if he's prepared to trust the bounce and play his shots. He has to really, chasing this total.

Josh

International Regular
0.5 Lee to Fleming, OUT: short and rising delivery outside off, goes
for the cut shot, thick edge in the hanads of keeper

errr... what??

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Damn, we're in real trouble now, 12/2 and the Aussies on fire. Astle and Fleming both gone, not looking promising.