Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 5 of 239 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: **Official** New Zealand v Australia

First Class Debutant cric_manic's Avatar
    No,it's just my opinion

State Vice-Captain BlackCap_Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja moo
    And you have what, iffy situations to back that up ?

Well, we did beat them 5-2 when they came here...
    Batsman for Cricketweb Blue
    Stats:
    --------M-----I----N.O---Runs---Average---50's--100's--HS
    OD: -62---56----15-----1342----32.73-----10------0-------99 (seriously)
    FC: --40---77-----8------2067----29.96-----12------2-----120

RIP Fardin 1990-2006

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCap_Fan
    Well, we did beat them 5-2 when they came here...
    I assume you mean NZ beat India 5-2 last time, cos I cant recollect NZ beating Australia 5-2. Bravo. I wonder if India prepares square turners when NZ visit next, what kind of result would we get? Flat tracks where scores of 300 are par for the course offer considerabely less advantage to home teams than Hamilton type pitches.
    Millhouse: you know when your dog ate my goldfish bart and you told me i never had a goldfish, then why did i have the bowl bart! why did i have the bowl!!!!
    Karthik_moo@hotmail.com
    Member of the MSC and the AAAS
    Wanna Search ?
    Waughney : We are well taken care of here at the Rehab centre.

the fact that nz pitches best for seam bowlers and are sometimes difficult to bat on is just like indian pitches are mostly in the favour of batters and spinners
    that's nz advange when india come to nz and have to bat on green-tops
    like nz seam bowlers have to bowl on flat-tracks in india

i heard that Napier gets to host a test aganist Aussie
    thats great for me i can go and see them live and the napier pitch is one of the best in the country

Tim
    I actually think it's good for the game that NZ pitches offer something different to every where else. As long as the pitches aren't doing all the work for the bowlers, then I think its ok.

India can complain all they like about that 5-2 series. But the fact was that NZ were never in any form at that stage either and had India actually worked hard in that series they could have come out with a good result.

Quote Originally Posted by cric_manic
    the fact that nz pitches best for seam bowlers and are sometimes difficult to bat on is just like indian pitches are mostly in the favour of batters and spinners
    that's nz advange when india come to nz and have to bat on green-tops
    like nz seam bowlers have to bowl on flat-tracks in india
    The difference is that anyone can bat on flat tracks, but not everyone can bat on seaming wickets. You seem to have confused turning tracks and flat tracks. Spinners arent as effective on flat tracks. Seamers are effective on seaming tracks.

ok

Quote Originally Posted by cric_manic
    ok
    No problems mate. Its just that many forget that the subcontinental equivalent of green tops are turning tracks,not flat tracks, and India havent produced those with regularity for quite some time now. We only seem to get flat decks with 300 being par for the course (in ODIs of course)

State Vice-Captain BlackCap_Fan's Avatar
    I assume you mean NZ beat India 5-2 last time, cos I cant recollect NZ beating Australia 5-2. Bravo. I wonder if India prepares square turners when NZ visit next, what kind of result would we get? Flat tracks where scores of 300 are par for the course offer considerabely less advantage to home teams than Hamilton type pitches.
    I'm sorry, my bad. I assumed that with the "And you have what, iffy situations to back that up ?" you were referring to India, not Australia.

State 12th Man
    Quote Originally Posted by marc71178
    Oh yes, because needed 100 runs from 77 balls with 3 wickets left (1 of which was an injured player) is such a simple thing that it was obvious that NZ were going to win from there
    We came pretty damn close in the end with Mills' big hitting.
    GO THE BLACK CAPS!!!

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    No problems mate. Its just that many forget that the subcontinental equivalent of green tops are turning tracks,not flat tracks, and India havent produced those with regularity for quite some time now.

Problem is when you do, it can go a bit too far (4th Test, India vs Aus!)
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Zinzan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scallywag
    Ponting also said this,

"England have obviously played some great cricket lately, won a lot of Test matches, and are a good side."
    "It's going to be a huge series," Ponting said. "It's going to be the biggest that's been played for some time. All of our guys are talking about it in that way."
    He mean't biggest media-hyped series when he said "biggest". Aussie have often talked England up before the Ashes series in recent years. As professional cricketers its in their interest that there is great interest and hype before the Ashes. I remember both Mark Taylor and Steve Waugh making the same sorts of statements in the past and then thumping England.

Hall of Fame Member FaaipDeOiad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zinzan12
    He mean't biggest media-hyped series when he said "biggest". Aussie have often talked England up before the Ashes series in recent years. As professional cricketers its in their interest that there is great interest and hype before the Ashes. I remember both Mark Taylor and Steve Waugh making the same sorts of statements in the past and then thumping England.
    The last two Ashes series have actually had a pretty big build-up in the English press though, from what I understand. Leading in to both of them the English side was supposed to be the best in some time, and the best chance in a long while for England to regain the Ashes. Someone more familiar with the English sporting press can correct me on this if I'm wrong.

Anyway, this situation is probably pretty similar. The hype is genuine and based in the fans and the media and not just spin from the cricketers themselves, but whether or not that will translate into actual results is yet to be seen.

It looks a good series. Does anyone know if it will be shown in England?

Page 5 of 239 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread Information