• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand v Australia

Slow Love™

International Captain
marc71178 said:
Could someone please tell me the difference between NZ fans complaing about Australia getting decisions and an Australian fan complaining about NZ getting decisions?

Now Scallywag and I have never got on very well, but I don't see what he's doing that's wrong here?
It COULD have something to do with Scallywag's endless diatribes about accepting the umpires' decisions no matter what when they were criticized in previous threads, and just how quickly that pretence disappeared when the shoe was suddenly on the other foot.

Just a guess - I've enjoyed the irony and how quickly he was exposed, though.

Fiery

Banned
Hey, I can't work out how to start a new thread. Please excuse my ignorance or stupidity but can someone please point me in the right direction.

Slow Love™

International Captain
Fiery said:
Hey, I can't work out how to start a new thread. Please excuse my ignorance or stupidity but can someone please point me in the right direction.
Go to the cricket chat forum, and click on the "new thread" button above the grey bit, where it says "Threads in Forum: Cricket Chat" (top left).

Fiery

Banned
Slow Love™ said:
Go to the cricket chat forum, and click on the "new thread" button above the grey bit, where it says "Threads in Forum: Cricket Chat" (top left).
Cheers Slow Love

Scallywag

Banned
Slow Love™ said:
It COULD have something to do with Scallywag's endless diatribes about accepting the umpires' decisions no matter what when they were criticized in previous threads, and just how quickly that pretence disappeared when the shoe was suddenly on the other foot.

Just a guess - I've enjoyed the irony and how quickly he was exposed, though.
You just didnt understand what I was doing Slow love, during the Aussie innings there was constant critisism of the umpires decisions even though the umpires umpired quite well, but every 50/50 decision (especially Haydens) were classed as wrong decisions even though they were the correct decisions.

So to show the posters how stupid they were for going on about how australia got all the 50/50 decisions I posted how the umpires were wrong when ever NZ got the advantage of a 50/50 decision.

Now if you look at the game you will see the umpiring was far more accurate and consistant than the idiots that go on about how Australia get all the 50/50 decisions.

Some dumbo even stated the umpires were intimidated by the Aussies and when challenged about it he had no answer.

So yeah I'm an idiot and you are all so good at critisizing the umpires and bitching.

Fiery

Banned
Scallywag said:
You just didnt understand what I was doing Slow love, during the Aussie innings there was constant critisism of the umpires decisions even though the umpires umpired quite well, but every 50/50 decision (especially Haydens) were classed as wrong decisions even though they were the correct decisions.

So to show the posters how stupid they were for going on about how australia got all the 50/50 decisions I posted how the umpires were wrong when ever NZ got the advantage of a 50/50 decision.

Now if you look at the game you will see the umpiring was far more accurate and consistant than the idiots that go on about how Australia get all the 50/50 decisions.

Some dumbo even stated the umpires were intimidated by the Aussies and when challenged about it he had no answer.

So yeah I'm an idiot and you are all so good at critisizing the umpires and bitching.
The Hayden caught behind and Vettori's LBW weren't correct decisions. They were very bad ones and were proven to be wrong directly after they were made. Billy made the 2 howlers at the start and then when Aussie were batting you were chiming in disputing correct decisions trying to say they went against Australia. It just got a bit annoying. I'm sorry for calling you an idiot but Australia do seem to have got the rub of the green a lot of the time this year you must admit.

Josh

International Regular
Hoggy a handy contriubution with the bat, good to see. Hayden, knew he'd eventually bounce back; Lee, bowled alright, extras coulda been less; McGrath - F**KING SENSATIONAL

Slow Love™

International Captain
Scallywag said:

I can't comment on the quality of the umpiring, 'cause I didn't see any of the match.

But if your intention was to be sarcastic, given your "simple" writing style, perhaps an emoticon (like rolling eyes) or two would have helped. The fact that people got annoyed at you doesn't exactly establish your point, because YOU get annoyed whenever anybody else criticizes the umpiring, including when the decisions ARE bad.

Plus, you are annoying in general. :) Maybe you need a new log-in to start afresh if you're so intent on being taken seriously.

Scallywag

Banned
Slow Love™ said:
I can't comment on the quality of the umpiring, 'cause I didn't see any of the match.

But if your intention was to be sarcastic, given your "simple" writing style, perhaps an emoticon (like rolling eyes) or two would have helped. The fact that people got annoyed at you doesn't exactly establish your point, because YOU get annoyed whenever anybody else criticizes the umpiring, including when the decisions ARE bad.

Plus, you are annoying in general. :) Maybe you need a new log-in to start afresh if you're so intent on being taken seriously.
What is annoying is when people go on about the umpires when Australia are batting and then fail to see there own team get the benifit from the umpires.

Yes I did get annoyed when posters critisized the umpires when Australia batted so I thought it would be a good idea to show them what its like, annoying isnt it.

Even if I change my log on I will still think people not accepting the umpires decision is the problem not the umpires. Probably from coaching kids and teaching them that a umpire cant get it right all the time, but even worse is a player/supporter who thinks he can.

Fiery

Banned
Scallywag said:
What is annoying is when people go on about the umpires when Australia are batting and then fail to see there own team get the benifit from the umpires.

Yes I did get annoyed when posters critisized the umpires when Australia batted so I thought it would be a good idea to show them what its like, annoying isnt it.

Even if I change my log on I will still think people not accepting the umpires decision is the problem not the umpires. Probably from coaching kids and teaching them that a umpire cant get it right all the time, but even worse is a player/supporter who thinks he can.
You weren't actually watching the game though were you? So you weren't in a position to comment on the decisions really

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I didn't watch the game, except early on when Hayden and Ponting were going, but from the outside, I get the feeling that NZ lost it because of Astle and Styris. As well as Australia might have bowled, I suspect there cannot be any excuse for such a painstaking scoring rate.

Scallywag

Banned
Fiery said:
You weren't actually watching the game though were you? So you weren't in a position to comment on the decisions really
I listened to the game on radio and whenever the commentators disagreed with the decisions I posted it, so I only pointed out when the commentators thought Australia copped a bad decision. As for the runouts the NZ commentator was quite sure the third umpire got it wrong. Get used to it because I will be posting every decision that goes against Australia. I'm sick to death of hearing how everything goes Australias way and I'm going to let everybody know just how much goes against them.

Fiery

Banned
Scallywag said:
Get used to it because I will be posting every decision that goes against Australia. I'm sick to death of hearing how everything goes Australias way and I'm going to let everybody know just how much goes against them.
How To Win Friends And Influence People by Scallywag

Slow Love™

International Captain
Scallywag said:
I listened to the game on radio and whenever the commentators disagreed with the decisions I posted it, so I only pointed out when the commentators thought Australia copped a bad decision. As for the runouts the NZ commentator was quite sure the third umpire got it wrong. Get used to it because I will be posting every decision that goes against Australia. I'm sick to death of hearing how everything goes Australias way and I'm going to let everybody know just how much goes against them.
You weren't even watching the game? Sheesh. At least have some genuine interest in the accuracy of your own opinions, if you're going to make a big song and dance about the accuracy of the people who actually saw what happened.

Anyhow, It's good that you HAVE actually thrown away your pretence about umpiring decisions not deserving criticism in order to make a point about which teams get favored. If it means anything, if I think you've made the right call, I might even agree with you, 'cause some of us are actually interested in umpiring standards and possible improvements to them.