Page 2 of 239 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: **Official** New Zealand v Australia

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cric_manic
    but not the odi's we are just as good as australia
    Erm, I'm afraid not.
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

State 12th Man
    Actually, in the past 12 months we have actually been better than the Aussies.

In ODIs, we can certainly match the Aussies, as shown by the recent 1-1 series draw.
    GO THE BLACK CAPS!!!

Banned
    In the tests yes ,but not the odi's we are just as good as australia and we havent been beaten at home in a number of years in one day cricket
    Not since Austrlia last played a ODI series there.

State Vice-Captain BlackCap_Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eclipse
    If we play our best you wont beat us. I guess that sounds cocky but i don't care, it's the truth.
    Last edited by BlackCap_Fan; 29-01-2005 at 12:21 PM.
    Batsman for Cricketweb Blue
    Stats:
    --------M-----I----N.O---Runs---Average---50's--100's--HS
    OD: -62---56----15-----1342----32.73-----10------0-------99 (seriously)
    FC: --40---77-----8------2067----29.96-----12------2-----120

RIP Fardin 1990-2006

Quote Originally Posted by marc71178
    Erm, I'm afraid not.

No your right NZ are probably a better a One day team.

Hall of Fame Member FaaipDeOiad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaze
    No your right NZ are probably a better a One day team.
    Yeah, right. Australia played New Zealand three times last year in ODIs and won twice. What evidence is there exactly to suggest that New Zealand are a superior one day outfit?

Quote Originally Posted by FaaipDeOiad
    Yeah, right. Australia played New Zealand three times last year in ODIs and won twice. What evidence is there exactly to suggest that New Zealand are a superior one day outfit?
    Higher winning percentage last year?

Hall of Fame Member FaaipDeOiad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaze
    Higher winning percentage last year?
    Umm... until New Zealand prove they can beat Australia they haven't shown themselves to be a better side. Australia played a 5 match ODI series in Sri Lanka last year, which is about as tough as it gets, and lost two matches there. The fact that New Zealand lost less matches against different opposition is not a valid point of comparison. In 2003 Pakistan had a higher test winning percentage than Australia as well, it didn't make them a better side.

Quote Originally Posted by FaaipDeOiad
    Umm... until New Zealand prove they can beat Australia they haven't shown themselves to be a better side. Australia played a 5 match ODI series in Sri Lanka last year, which is about as tough as it gets, and lost two matches there. The fact that New Zealand lost less matches against different opposition is not a valid point of comparison. In 2003 Pakistan had a higher test winning percentage than Australia as well, it didn't make them a better side.
    Yeah thats why I am looking forward to the upcoming series becuase hopefully we can show how good we are

International Debutant
    as if the retirement of Richardson hasn't caused the selectors enough problems (the ongoing opener saga of which the only position that had been resolved was Richardson), the current injury clouds re Oram & Vettori must have them tearing their hair out...............both being the better performers in AUS............

if Vettori & Oram are both out we will probably see Wiseman as his replacement, but I'm not sure they will take Franklin (despite his contract), due to the way that Langer & Co took to him in AUS...........

another point will be wether they replace Oram with a batsman or a bowler.......

I'd like to think that they'd accept that they are likely to be on a hiding to nothing & look at some new faces in the Tests, but in reality I don't think they will & will go with their recent squad players - including the likes of Mills & Macca..........

that being the case they will need to pull something out of the bag so far as tactics go otherwise it is still a case of nothing new / different & the Test series result is likely to be much the same.............

They will replace Oram with Wilson

Quote Originally Posted by Ming
    Actually, in the past 12 months we have actually been better than the Aussies.
    You may have a better winning percentage, but then again England's Test winning percentage was better in 2004 - and nobody says they're a better Test side.

First Class Debutant cric_manic's Avatar
    Erm, I'm afraid not.
    Erm, I'm afraid so.

You may have a better winning percentage, but then again England's Test winning percentage was better in 2004 - and nobody says they're a better Test side.
    Yeah but England didn't draw a test series with Aus like NZ did in the ODI's against Aus. And that series was very very even

Erm, I'm afraid so.
    Based on what?

Australia are ranked number 1 for a very good reason - they are the best side, and have been for some time now.

Page 2 of 239 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread Information