• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand v Australia

MoxPearl

State Vice-Captain
well done aussie

Weird game.. i dunno if i like it..... 20 overs seems a bit to short imho.. i would like something more like 30...

Fiery

Banned
Yep, this game is good and is here to stay. Ponting was the difference...what an outstanding display of how to play this game from that man.

meatspx

U19 Cricketer
Well all this game proved to me......is that NZ still can't bowl at the death.

Tuffey & Mills are just plain incapable of bowling yorkers. Adams isn't too flash hot at it either.

MoxPearl

State Vice-Captain
why do u think its good and here to stay ????

I mean honestly.. it seemed like nothing special at all to me... it was like getting a quickie in the morning but then your misses has to goto work before its over..
:/
im curious thou.. dont u think it could kill ODI crowds ? especially for those who are not die hard cricket fans..

Last edited:

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I found it a bit too short, quite an exciting way to start a tour but I would be happy if that's all it is. Crowd looked big though, hope it's as big for the ODI at Eden Park next week when I'm there.

Loony BoB

International Captain
19.5 McGrath to Tuffey, one run, drives down the ground
NZ looking for 45 off this ball
McGrath rolls the ball down the pitch underarm
Billy Bowden gets out the red card
19.6 McGrath to Mills, OUT: slogs down the ground only to find
Kasprowicz
Surely should have been a no ball called for the underarm. :p

shaka

International Regular
Matthew Sinclair was announced when he entered on the field for his one ball term as Matthew Fleming.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
MoxPearl said:
why do u think its good and here to stay ????

I mean honestly.. it seemed like nothing special at all to me... it was like getting a quickie in the morning but then your misses has to goto work before its over..
:/
im curious thou.. dont u think it could kill ODI crowds ? especially for those who are not die hard cricket fans..
It will draw "another" audience to cricket.

Tests are here to stay.

50 over matches (with refinements) are here to stay.

Slog-a-thons will prove very popular with those that want a "good night out."

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Fiery said:
I'm not sure if this pitch is very well suited to 20/20 cricket. If this game is ever to really take off I think they need to be played on absolute belters.
Ponting is showing his class here though
Almost 400 runs were scored on that pitch. If it was any flatter it would have been a road.

I really feel for the bowlers.

MoxPearl

State Vice-Captain
Loony BoB said:
Surely should have been a no ball called for the underarm. :p

lol he didnt even roll it.. he didnt even let it leave his hand lol.

billow was good getting out the card and pretending to kick him up the **** lol

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Arrow said:
Is it just me or does 20/20 cheapen big hitting?
I agree with you. By the end of the Aussie innings I just shrugged when a 6 was hit. Its no real accomplishment in this form of the game.