Page 111 of 239 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113121161211 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,665 of 3585

Thread: **Official** New Zealand v Australia

  1. #1651
    International Coach social's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    AUSTRALIA
    Posts
    12,483
    Quote Originally Posted by FaaipDeOiad
    Why should he show sympathy? He's a fast bowler who bowled a well-directed bouncer to a batsman who couldn't handle it and, for what it's worth, was wearing a helmet. If Papps had hit the ground I have no doubt Lee would have gone to check on him, but as it was all he did was stagger back a pace, and plenty of other people including Astle, Lee's captain and eventually the NZ physio all looked into his welfare. Given that Lee obviously intended to hit or intimidate him and achieved exactly that (which is perfectly fair and reasonable conduct for a bowler), I don't see what he had to apologise for. The beamer was a different story, but he DID apoligise for that.
    Absolutely correct.

  2. #1652
    Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    England
    Posts
    57,755
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiery
    If you didn't see them then you're not really in any position to comment.
    1) The Hussey catch was not out and claimed by the fielder in typical Australian fashion when he would have known it
    Funny how the "evidence" you quote says: "the ball may have brushed the ground"

    May being the key word here.
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

    Anyone want to join the Society?

    Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

  3. #1653
    International Coach social's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    AUSTRALIA
    Posts
    12,483
    Hussey clearly caught the ball above the ground and had absolute control over it at all times.

  4. #1654
    State 12th Man
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Hong Kong - Asia's World City
    Posts
    723
    Quote Originally Posted by Somerset
    Surely he'll be in contention for a place in the test side, so what's the harm in giving him another chance in ODIs?

    Hamilton and Aldridge have been in great domestic form but throwing a youngster into the New Zealand team against the world champions could have disastrous results.
    Hamilton isn't exactly a youngster. He's 31. And Steve Waugh said (last time they toured here), that Hamilton was the best bowler he faced all tour. If he gets smacked for 60 from 10 overs, at least he got tried at that level, instead of continuing with Mills and Tuffey who have failed for 3 games in a row.

    The Hussy catch looked like it may have touched the grass, why didn't the umpires go upstairs?
    GO THE BLACK CAPS!!!


  5. #1655
    Global Moderator Somerset's Avatar
    Money Money Money Champion! Tournaments Won: 7
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    9,863
    Quote Originally Posted by Ming
    Hamilton isn't exactly a youngster. He's 31. And Steve Waugh said (last time they toured here), that Hamilton was the best bowler he faced all tour. If he gets smacked for 60 from 10 overs, at least he got tried at that level, instead of continuing with Mills and Tuffey who have failed for 3 games in a row.
    Well I was mainly referring to Aldridge when I mentioned youngsters. Australia last toured here almost five years ago though, a comment from Steve Waugh way back then shouldn't be a deciding factor IMO.
    Last edited by Somerset; 26-02-2005 at 06:49 PM.

  6. #1656
    International Debutant Natman20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Auckland, NZ
    Posts
    2,710
    Who cares about that catch it was a certainty that cairns would have been out soon anyway. You could tell he was no way comfortable

  7. #1657
    State 12th Man
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Hong Kong - Asia's World City
    Posts
    723
    Quote Originally Posted by Somerset
    Well I was mainly referring to Aldridge when I mentioned youngsters. Australia last toured here almost five years ago though, a comment from Steve Waugh way back then shouldn't be a deciding factor IMO.
    It shouldn't be a deciding factor of course. But the stats he has built up in the last 5 years have been quite outstanding,

  8. #1658
    Global Moderator Somerset's Avatar
    Money Money Money Champion! Tournaments Won: 7
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    9,863
    Quote Originally Posted by Ming
    It shouldn't be a deciding factor of course. But the stats he has built up in the last 5 years have been quite outstanding,
    I'm not disputing his record is impressive but those statistics are at domestic level and the step up to international level is something completely different. Throwing someone into the side against the world champions is hardly the start a bowler would like to begin his career with.

  9. #1659
    International Debutant Natman20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Auckland, NZ
    Posts
    2,710
    Quote Originally Posted by Somerset
    I'm not disputing his record is impressive but those statistics are at domestic level and the step up to international level is something completely different. Throwing someone into the side against the world champions is hardly the start a bowler would like to begin his career with.
    They need to see how hard it is against top of the world competition to get better and learn more. It is perfect time series is already lost

  10. #1660
    International Regular Kippax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Central Districts
    Posts
    3,307
    Hamilton rumoured to be flying to Wellington -

    http://www.newstalkzb.co.nz/ThisWeek/11500.wma (4:55 in)

  11. #1661
    Global Moderator Somerset's Avatar
    Money Money Money Champion! Tournaments Won: 7
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    9,863
    Quote Originally Posted by Kippax
    Hamilton rumoured to be flying to Wellington -

    http://www.newstalkzb.co.nz/ThisWeek/11500.wma (4:55 in)
    Hmmm...if this is true then Hamilton will probably play, against what I would've liked...

  12. #1662
    First Class Debutant cric_manic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    South of Heaven
    Posts
    831
    i have been calling for Hamilton's selection for a long time now,mabye my wish will come true

  13. #1663
    Hall of Fame Member Smudge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Deep, deep south
    Posts
    16,661
    Quote Originally Posted by cric_manic
    i have been calling for Hamilton's selection for a long time now,mabye my wish will come true
    Tuffey's out - Hamilton in. Cumming replaces the injured (unconscious) Papps.

    I guess Richard Rash will be more than a little surprised to see Cumming in there.

  14. #1664
    International Debutant Natman20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Auckland, NZ
    Posts
    2,710
    Good as. Tuffey needs to work on his bowling. Good to here Bond is in first class cricket again it would be cool if he came back to the Black Caps next year

  15. #1665
    U19 Cricketer southern man's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    dunedin new zealand
    Posts
    461
    Don't undsetand Cummings selection he has only had glimpses of decent one day form, i wish him all the best though.

    Sucks for Otago though, we lose our form player and our captain. Hopefully Hopkins gets the captaincy reins. It will give Wasim another chance though.



Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •