Page 111 of 239 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113121161211 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,665 of 3585

Thread: **Official** New Zealand v Australia

Quote Originally Posted by FaaipDeOiad
    Why should he show sympathy? He's a fast bowler who bowled a well-directed bouncer to a batsman who couldn't handle it and, for what it's worth, was wearing a helmet. If Papps had hit the ground I have no doubt Lee would have gone to check on him, but as it was all he did was stagger back a pace, and plenty of other people including Astle, Lee's captain and eventually the NZ physio all looked into his welfare. Given that Lee obviously intended to hit or intimidate him and achieved exactly that (which is perfectly fair and reasonable conduct for a bowler), I don't see what he had to apologise for. The beamer was a different story, but he DID apoligise for that.
    Absolutely correct.

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiery
    If you didn't see them then you're not really in any position to comment.
    1) The Hussey catch was not out and claimed by the fielder in typical Australian fashion when he would have known it
    Funny how the "evidence" you quote says: "the ball may have brushed the ground"

May being the key word here.
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

Hussey clearly caught the ball above the ground and had absolute control over it at all times.

State 12th Man
    Quote Originally Posted by Somerset
    Surely he'll be in contention for a place in the test side, so what's the harm in giving him another chance in ODIs?

Hamilton and Aldridge have been in great domestic form but throwing a youngster into the New Zealand team against the world champions could have disastrous results.
    Hamilton isn't exactly a youngster. He's 31. And Steve Waugh said (last time they toured here), that Hamilton was the best bowler he faced all tour. If he gets smacked for 60 from 10 overs, at least he got tried at that level, instead of continuing with Mills and Tuffey who have failed for 3 games in a row.

The Hussy catch looked like it may have touched the grass, why didn't the umpires go upstairs?
    GO THE BLACK CAPS!!!

Money Money Money Champion! Tournaments Won: 7
    Quote Originally Posted by Ming
    Hamilton isn't exactly a youngster. He's 31. And Steve Waugh said (last time they toured here), that Hamilton was the best bowler he faced all tour. If he gets smacked for 60 from 10 overs, at least he got tried at that level, instead of continuing with Mills and Tuffey who have failed for 3 games in a row.
    Well I was mainly referring to Aldridge when I mentioned youngsters. Australia last toured here almost five years ago though, a comment from Steve Waugh way back then shouldn't be a deciding factor IMO.
    Last edited by Somerset; 26-02-2005 at 06:49 PM.

International Debutant Natman20's Avatar
    Who cares about that catch it was a certainty that cairns would have been out soon anyway. You could tell he was no way comfortable

State 12th Man
    Well I was mainly referring to Aldridge when I mentioned youngsters. Australia last toured here almost five years ago though, a comment from Steve Waugh way back then shouldn't be a deciding factor IMO.
    It shouldn't be a deciding factor of course. But the stats he has built up in the last 5 years have been quite outstanding,

Quote Originally Posted by Ming
    It shouldn't be a deciding factor of course. But the stats he has built up in the last 5 years have been quite outstanding,
    I'm not disputing his record is impressive but those statistics are at domestic level and the step up to international level is something completely different. Throwing someone into the side against the world champions is hardly the start a bowler would like to begin his career with.

I'm not disputing his record is impressive but those statistics are at domestic level and the step up to international level is something completely different. Throwing someone into the side against the world champions is hardly the start a bowler would like to begin his career with.
    They need to see how hard it is against top of the world competition to get better and learn more. It is perfect time series is already lost

Hamilton rumoured to be flying to Wellington -

http://www.newstalkzb.co.nz/ThisWeek/11500.wma (4:55 in)

Quote Originally Posted by Kippax
    Hamilton rumoured to be flying to Wellington -

http://www.newstalkzb.co.nz/ThisWeek/11500.wma (4:55 in)
    Hmmm...if this is true then Hamilton will probably play, against what I would've liked...

First Class Debutant cric_manic's Avatar
    i have been calling for Hamilton's selection for a long time now,mabye my wish will come true

Quote Originally Posted by cric_manic
    i have been calling for Hamilton's selection for a long time now,mabye my wish will come true
    Tuffey's out - Hamilton in. Cumming replaces the injured (unconscious) Papps.

I guess Richard Rash will be more than a little surprised to see Cumming in there.

Good as. Tuffey needs to work on his bowling. Good to here Bond is in first class cricket again it would be cool if he came back to the Black Caps next year

Don't undsetand Cummings selection he has only had glimpses of decent one day form, i wish him all the best though.

Sucks for Otago though, we lose our form player and our captain. Hopefully Hopkins gets the captaincy reins. It will give Wasim another chance though.

Thread Information