• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand v Australia

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
sportychic33 said:
why wouldn't cairns be able to bat. . he could have a runner
I didn't see what happened this morning but heard just before I switched over to the TV that he is unlikely to bat and would only come out if New Zealand have a realistic chance. So at the moment, that doesn't look likely at all.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Jono said:
That's weird, because its always spouted by experts and NZ fans alike, that "NZ lift their game when they come against the Aussies". Now you're saying its the exact opposite?
I didn't realise you were part of the Aussie team?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Ummm what? Its always been said that NZ lift their game against Australia, I've read it on this board many times. Now suddenly people are saying that NZ are mentally weak against Australia, that's my point. What that has to do with me being in the Aussie team I have no idea.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Ming said:
It hit him middle-leg. Brett Lee should have got him LBW earlier as well.
Well I've seen that appeal on the brief highlights as drinks, it does appear as though it should've been given.

Six and four for McMillan within the last few deliveries, at least we're not going down without a fight.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Jono said:
Ummm what? Its always been said that NZ lift their game against Australia, I've read it on this board many times. Now suddenly people are saying that NZ are mentally weak against Australia, that's my point. What that has to do with me being in the Aussie team I have no idea.
You must be proud

MoxPearl

State Vice-Captain
Jono said:
have u even been watching this series ??

its PAINFULL Obvious that we are mentally weak in this series.. i never saw this happening before the series started.. but just look at how tuffy etc bowled.. ive never seen him bowl that bad in my life.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
BlackCap_Fan said:
Hmm.... Never knew that Mccullum could hit that far. Great hit.
Was an enormous hit, great strike.

Lee back though, this'll probably slow us down even more. 186 from 93 required in case anyway still believes we have a chance.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
BlackCap_Fan said:
Macca's gone. Poor shot.
At least he's trying to entertain the crowd with the game effectively over. Was a good confidence boosting innings for McMillan heading into the test matches anyway.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
BlackCap_Fan said:
Wow... Excellent shot by Canning there, barely seemed to hit it that hard at all.
When he hits it in the sweat spot, it can go for miles with Tama Canning, great clean hitter and a superb shot against Symonds last over.

BlackCap_Fan

State Vice-Captain
Mccullum goes.

Am I alone in thinking it's BS that Sri Lanka will become no.2 in the world at the conclusion of this series?

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
BlackCap_Fan said:
Mccullum goes.

Am I alone in thinking it's BS that Sri Lanka will become no.2 in the world at the conclusion of this series?
Considering our performance in this series, no. Considering our performance over the last year, yes.

Canning goes, inside edge off his leg onto the stumps, hard luck for the Auckland allrounder.

telsor

U19 12th Man
I would have bowled Katich/Ponting/Martyn at the end...no benefit from bowling the top line bowlers, so why not have a bit of fun?

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
telsor said:
I would have bowled Katich/Ponting/Martyn at the end...no benefit from bowling the top line bowlers, so why not have a bit of fun?
I don't know why they'd want to let the pressure off. Sure, they'd won but I'm sure they'd rather see the usual frontline bowlers at the crease than a few part timers.

Mills goes with four balls to spare.