• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Hair = Performance?

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm sure there's a link.

Makhaya Ntini with dreadlocks... looked fantastic, bowled like crap in India though. Went for a much shorter look against England, was the Saffies best bowler despite the cosmetic homeliness.

Andrew Flintoff... Nice, slightly grown out hair in the English winter of 2004. Was a talisman; a beacon. Went for a number one all over and suffered some disappointing performances in South Africa until it started to grow back.

Matthew Hayden... Geez, what happened to him? Set the benchmark for years and years running, then started to go flat on top and boom! Can't buy a run with a big gold nugget.

Jacques Kallis... Started to go bald, started to become unstoppable. I fear the day that he is fully shiny of scalp.

People, don't mention Darren Lehmann; he's always been bald.

Now I'm not saying that hairy people are the best or bald people are the best. I'm just saying that with a changing of the tide, form is dragged like the waves...

twctopcat

International Regular
Haha love it casson, great analysis as ever. So some are better bald than long and vice versa?? It's all about beards and long hair if you ask me, just ask samson...

Black Thunder

School Boy/Girl Captain
could it be as a simple as a matter of comfort for the player while they're playing??? quite an interesting analysis that one.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Anderson springs to mind. I know he always had highlights, but once he tried to look like a popstar his form went down the drain.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
BoyBrumby said:
Well Dizzy's improved with the bat since he mulleted-up! :D
How did I forget!!!

I am thinking that for Jacques Kallis and Makhaya Ntini, their problem is possibly related to a theory of the North Korean government about hair "Robbing the body of much needed nutrients." When the hair goes, there is more to use on the cricket pitch!

See the North Koreans know how to get things done. They don't just 'find this out', they enforce it on their own people. Now Ray Jennings, also being something of a despot himself, could learn something from Kim Jong Il and subject his charges to a weekly date with the Phillishave.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Mr Casson said:
How did I forget!!!

I am thinking that for Jacques Kallis and Makhaya Ntini, their problem is possibly related to a theory of the North Korean government about hair "Robbing the body of much needed nutrients." When the hair goes, there is more to use on the cricket pitch!

See the North Koreans know how to get things done. They don't just 'find this out', they enforce it on their own people. Now Ray Jennings, also being something of a despot himself, could learn something from Kim Jong Il and subject his charges to a weekly date with the Phillishave.
:laugh: :laugh:

I can just picture the conversation with Amla now,

"Er, Hasim, a word? This 'Islam' thing, how serious are you about it?" :D

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
BoyBrumby said:

Hahaha we need a CW vault to store classic posts like that... haha that was brilliance at its most brilliant.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
BoyBrumby said:

:lol: Absolutely hilarious!

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Mr Casson said:
Makhaya Ntini with dreadlocks... looked fantastic, bowled like crap in India though. Went for a much shorter look against England, was the Saffies best bowler despite the cosmetic homeliness.
In spite of the fact that Ntini has always alternated - usually quickly and with no apparent catalyst - between the good and the appallingly poor? Or the fact that he still had his dreads in PE? 8-)

BTW, this is TIC, so don't start about my supposed lack of humour again. :dry: