cricket betting betway blog banner small
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: andrew symonds?

International Debutant cricket player's Avatar

andrew symonds?

He is back in the australian side for vib series but why is he back?.He recently broke the worlds record by going duck consecutive times perhaps 5 times in a row breaking greg chapples record in 1981/1982.It is so funny how can you call him an all rounder?I mean i am a bit not fair to him but 5 times duck is rediclouse.Even a normal cricketer would avoid 5 ducks in a row.
    Bob is very insane stay away from him

FAVOURITE UNDER 19 CRICKETER JP McNamara AKA ORTHODOX

Quote Originally Posted by cricket player
    He is back in the australian side for vib series but why is he back?.He recently broke the worlds record by going duck consecutive times perhaps 5 times in a row breaking greg chapples record in 1981/1982.It is so funny how can you call him an all rounder?I mean i am a bit not fair to him but 5 times duck is rediclouse.Even a normal cricketer would avoid 5 ducks in a row.
    A normal cricketer?...

Although in saying that I do agree with you to some extent cricket player. With the depth is Aussie cricket i find it mysitfying that someone performing so porely in his usually more prominent role can continue to get selected with it seems little pressure from the aussie media etc
    Nasty reviews we've all had them. My latest from a guy called Steve said 'I could eat alphabet soup and sh1t a better book'

Banned
    Symonds has been carried by his team mates for too long now. Time for the plodder to head back to state cricket.

International Vice-Captain Linda's Avatar
    I think its unfair to say that just because someone is having a bad run, that they should be dropped. Its pretty clear that Symonds is a fantastic player, who knows when he's going to hit another 143 not out?
    As has been shown over the past couple of years, the selectors are willing to stick with people they KNOW will get through a rough patch, and come out the other side better players.

People are just too willing to find fault with this cricket team. Isnt it enough that theyre belting everyone who competes against them?

"I know I underperformed but after the past 18 months I thought I might have received more than four Test matches' grace."
    - DR Martyn.

"Is there any way to make it longer?"
    Peter English on Twenty20

Official Face of the v. hip 'Twenty20 Is Boring Society'

I'm not going to deny and just forget that he had an excellent past couple of years, but boy did that result in him becoming extremely overrated. He can be very effective in the limited overs game, but MANY people labelled him as the best ODI batsman in the world. Clearly he's far from that.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

Quote Originally Posted by Linda
    I think its unfair to say that just because someone is having a bad run, that they should be dropped. Its pretty clear that Symonds is a fantastic player, who knows when he's going to hit another 143 not out?
    As has been shown over the past couple of years, the selectors are willing to stick with people they KNOW will get through a rough patch, and come out the other side better players.

People are just too willing to find fault with this cricket team. Isnt it enough that theyre belting everyone who competes against them?
    No team is perfect..

I constantly hear of Australias depth so how come the can't replace a guy who has made 5 ducks in his last 6 games.. he is playing awful cricket with the bat and I think the selectors have different standards for different players. Even if he gets replaced temporarily to rediscover some form and confidence with the bat

They didn't belt NZ in the Chappel Hadlee trophey games

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend honestbharani's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono
    I'm not going to deny and just forget that he had an excellent past couple of years, but boy did that result in him becoming extremely overrated. He can be very effective in the limited overs game, but MANY people labelled him as the best ODI batsman in the world. Clearly he's far from that.
    Would concur with that. Also, I think it is probably his fielding that is still keeping him a notch above his competitors.
    We miss you, Fardin. :(. RIP.
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    In the end, I think it's so utterly, incomprehensibly boring. There is so much context behind each innings of cricket that dissecting statistics into these small samples is just worthless. No-one has ever been faced with the same situation in which they come out to bat as someone else. Ever.
    A cricket supporter forever

Member of CW Red and AAAS - Appreciating only the best.

Check out this awesome e-fed:

PWE Efed

No team is perfect..

I constantly hear of Australias depth so how come the can't replace a guy who has made 5 ducks in his last 6 games.. he is playing awful cricket with the bat and I think the selectors have different standards for different players.
    Because it'll take a hellava lot to get back in, they want to use his talent, not let it waste away in domestic cricket.

Although, I do agree with others that he's completely overrated. He's hardly the greatest all-rounder weve ever had!
    Last edited by Linda; 24-01-2005 at 10:45 PM. Reason: had to stick in the quote

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Rash
    They didn't belt NZ in the Chappel Hadlee trophey games
    Exactly, nor did they belt everyone in the ICC Champions Trophy. I feel their ODI side is far from dominant when compa dred to their test side. They're still best in the world no doubt, but aren't free from criticism, just like every other team.

Also its extremely ironic this is occuring when he was named in the Australian best ever ODI XI.

Quote Originally Posted by Jono
    Exactly, nor did they belt everyone in the ICC Champions Trophy. I feel their ODI side is far from dominant when compa dred to their test side. They're still best in the world no doubt, but aren't free from criticism, just like every other team.

Also its extremely ironic this is occuring when he was named in the Australian best ever ODI XI.
    Very true. They aren't perfect, of course, but theyre playing extremely well at the moment. Having said that, theyre are two players who appear to be playing for their positions (according to the media, obviously), and everything is focused on them. I just feel that sometimes the media, and the public, should back off a bit.

Firstly, he has to lose that dreadful Afro look. It doesnt suit him at all.
    Millhouse: you know when your dog ate my goldfish bart and you told me i never had a goldfish, then why did i have the bowl bart! why did i have the bowl!!!!
    Karthik_moo@hotmail.com
    Member of the MSC and the AAAS
    Wanna Search ?
    Waughney : We are well taken care of here at the Rehab centre.

International Captain masterblaster's Avatar
    Netblazer3D Champion!
    I think the more hair he grows on his head, the less runs he makes.

*By the way, the above statement is not meant to be serious, or meant to be taken seriously*

Self Elected Vice-President of AAAS
    (Ajit Agarkar Appreciation Society)

"Uniting Ajit Agarkar Fans World Wide"

Always Live Life With: Intensity, Integrity and Intelligence

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    I didn't think he'd got 5 ducks in a row (yet)
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

He's got 5 ducks in 6 innings. 0,20,0,0,0,0. IIR
    penis

Dream XI: M Hyder, J Linker, M Clock, S Wetsin, A Simms, A Golcrhist, B Hugg, S Worde, B Leap, J Giuseppe, G MacGrith

International Captain masterblaster's Avatar
    Netblazer3D Champion!
    Someone's challenging Ajit Agarkar, even though if it is in the One Day Game.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information