• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

andrew symonds?

cricket player

International Debutant
He is back in the australian side for vib series but why is he back?.He recently broke the worlds record by going duck consecutive times perhaps 5 times in a row breaking greg chapples record in 1981/1982.It is so funny how can you call him an all rounder?I mean i am a bit not fair to him but 5 times duck is rediclouse.Even a normal cricketer would avoid 5 ducks in a row. :blink:

Richard Rash

U19 Cricketer
cricket player said:
He is back in the australian side for vib series but why is he back?.He recently broke the worlds record by going duck consecutive times perhaps 5 times in a row breaking greg chapples record in 1981/1982.It is so funny how can you call him an all rounder?I mean i am a bit not fair to him but 5 times duck is rediclouse.Even a normal cricketer would avoid 5 ducks in a row. :blink:
A normal cricketer?...

Although in saying that I do agree with you to some extent cricket player. With the depth is Aussie cricket i find it mysitfying that someone performing so porely in his usually more prominent role can continue to get selected with it seems little pressure from the aussie media etc

Camel56

Banned
Symonds has been carried by his team mates for too long now. Time for the plodder to head back to state cricket.

Linda

International Vice-Captain
I think its unfair to say that just because someone is having a bad run, that they should be dropped. Its pretty clear that Symonds is a fantastic player, who knows when he's going to hit another 143 not out?
As has been shown over the past couple of years, the selectors are willing to stick with people they KNOW will get through a rough patch, and come out the other side better players.

People are just too willing to find fault with this cricket team. Isnt it enough that theyre belting everyone who competes against them?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I'm not going to deny and just forget that he had an excellent past couple of years, but boy did that result in him becoming extremely overrated. He can be very effective in the limited overs game, but MANY people labelled him as the best ODI batsman in the world. Clearly he's far from that.

Richard Rash

U19 Cricketer
Linda said:
I think its unfair to say that just because someone is having a bad run, that they should be dropped. Its pretty clear that Symonds is a fantastic player, who knows when he's going to hit another 143 not out?
As has been shown over the past couple of years, the selectors are willing to stick with people they KNOW will get through a rough patch, and come out the other side better players.

People are just too willing to find fault with this cricket team. Isnt it enough that theyre belting everyone who competes against them?
No team is perfect..

I constantly hear of Australias depth so how come the can't replace a guy who has made 5 ducks in his last 6 games.. he is playing awful cricket with the bat and I think the selectors have different standards for different players. Even if he gets replaced temporarily to rediscover some form and confidence with the bat

They didn't belt NZ in the Chappel Hadlee trophey games

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Jono said:
I'm not going to deny and just forget that he had an excellent past couple of years, but boy did that result in him becoming extremely overrated. He can be very effective in the limited overs game, but MANY people labelled him as the best ODI batsman in the world. Clearly he's far from that.
Would concur with that. Also, I think it is probably his fielding that is still keeping him a notch above his competitors.

Linda

No team is perfect..

I constantly hear of Australias depth so how come the can't replace a guy who has made 5 ducks in his last 6 games.. he is playing awful cricket with the bat and I think the selectors have different standards for different players.
Because it'll take a hellava lot to get back in, they want to use his talent, not let it waste away in domestic cricket.

Although, I do agree with others that he's completely overrated. He's hardly the greatest all-rounder weve ever had!

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Richard Rash said:
They didn't belt NZ in the Chappel Hadlee trophey games
Exactly, nor did they belt everyone in the ICC Champions Trophy. I feel their ODI side is far from dominant when compa dred to their test side. They're still best in the world no doubt, but aren't free from criticism, just like every other team.

Also its extremely ironic this is occuring when he was named in the Australian best ever ODI XI.

Linda

Jono said:
Exactly, nor did they belt everyone in the ICC Champions Trophy. I feel their ODI side is far from dominant when compa dred to their test side. They're still best in the world no doubt, but aren't free from criticism, just like every other team.

Also its extremely ironic this is occuring when he was named in the Australian best ever ODI XI.
Very true. They aren't perfect, of course, but theyre playing extremely well at the moment. Having said that, theyre are two players who appear to be playing for their positions (according to the media, obviously), and everything is focused on them. I just feel that sometimes the media, and the public, should back off a bit.

masterblaster

International Captain
I think the more hair he grows on his head, the less runs he makes.

*By the way, the above statement is not meant to be serious, or meant to be taken seriously*

:cool:

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
masterblaster said:
I think the more hair he grows on his head, the less runs he makes.

*By the way, the above statement is not meant to be serious, or meant to be taken seriously*

:cool:
OMG... !!!!

Linda, did you see that!?!?

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
BoyBrumby said:
:laugh: :laugh:

By that token Lehmann's average would be well into three figures!
Well no, but he compensates for that with his silhouette, which does appear to be three figures.

Deja moo

International Captain
Mr Casson said:
Well no, but he compensates for that with his silhouette, which does appear to be three figures.
Unfortunately, theyre the same number....48-48-48.