• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket Nerds

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Maybe he's comfortable with the term? :p

Note: I don't believe all engineers are nerds ;)

dinu23

International Debutant
C_C said:
Kumble, then Vettori....
Vettori looks a lot like that nerd Harry Potter...

btw....not only does Kumble look like a geek,he is a geek....the guy is an electrical engineer i believe.
:D :D :D :D
no, he's a computer engineer. and i believe all engineers are not geeks(since i'm going to be one!). but i have to agree with u on vettori. the first cricketer that came to my head when i saw this tread was him.

amokk1

U19 12th Man
Chuck A Pair of glasses On Tatendra Taibu..and I Think you have a nerd right there. A Nerd whose Happy.

Sorry, about the terrible photoshop job ..my PS skills aren't to good.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Vettori was going to university to become a pharmacist before he got into the Black Caps, so he also scores highly on the ''actual nerd'' rating scale.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Rob Key?

With his ruddy red chubby cheeks he looks like the fat kid in school that all the older kids give "wedgies" too! :D

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I reckon Gangully with his specs is little nerdy... although he doesnt exactly act like one, just sorta looks like one in some photos

Marius

International Debutant
Mike Atherton looked like one of those guys who was in front of his computer too often, his hair was never combed, his clothes looked like they were never ironed.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
dinu23 said:
i believe all engineers are not geeks(since i'm going to be one!)
Well, if you're going to be one, then maybe they are all geeks... 8-)

But yes, Vettori.. it's weird watching someone play cricket with glasses on. What if he got hit in the face with a ball? (Like, Butcher).

It would screw you up, glasses or no, but the glass shards would be DEADLY!

Marius

International Debutant
I wear glasses, and I was playing in the nets, with a couple of friends, about ten years ago. I got a bouncer, and went for the hook (I can't remember if I got a top edge or if it went straight into my face), but the ball broke my glasses, pushing one of the shards into my face, just above my right eye. I got seventeen stitches just above my eye and under my eyebrow (the stitches were very close together, in order to reduce the scarring, a cut of that size anywhere else would probably have needed 4 to 6 stitches). Luckily, thanks to the doctor's handiwork and copious amounts of vitamin E cream, there is hardly any noticeable scar, but I think I came pretty close to losing my eye that day. Needless to say, since that day I always wear a helmet when batting, in a match or at practice, even if I'm facing a four year old's off spinners.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Dirk Wellham = nerdist nerd. No-one else comes close.

Of recent players, probably Grant Flower.