• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Akhter on Indian talented Pacers!

For his counterparts across the border, who all suffer in comparison, Akhtar had nothing but encouraging words. "Zaheer Khan looks sharp. He has good pace and importantly, the right attitude for a fast bowler. Nehra too moves the ball well and is promising. They both have the potential to become world-class bowlers," he said.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Now let's put that into context. A lot of fast bowlers have the "potential to become world-class bowlers". At the minute Nehra and Zaheer are well off. 600 against an average England, plenty from the tail, on a pitch that isn't batsman-friendly, doesn't say much.

scorpio

U19 Cricketer
I would really love to find out what you are smoking ?

Man that must be some potent stuff. The pace "attack" just got pasted by Hoggard and white of all ppl.

And then you get out ur cave and come up with extremly dumb thread. Would you guys quit this schoolboy stuff and act like adults?

Scorpio,
Then tell this to Shoaib, i just posted his views, my ur imagination Akhter surely doesn't know anything about bowling!

scorpio

U19 Cricketer
You know wht i meant.
IF you still dont get it..read ur all ur posts again..and then read the current scores and watch matches...you should get it.

If you still dont get it..time to stop the pills buddy

Scorpio,
First stop getting personal, u have exceeded ur limits a no of times.

I am talkin about the RAW TALENT these two Indian pacers have.Indian got hammered on a flat track, big deal, can't u get that the INdian attack without Nath is totally inexperianced??
It take time to establish oneself at international level, Khan and Nehra have the potential, all they need is experiance and encouragement

scorpio

U19 Cricketer
Personal ? Look at all the posts you are 4 or 5 other guys have made? DO YOU HAVE A SINGLE post which is sensible or ever moderately mature ?

Let me first refute your post:

Nehra,zaheer,kumble, agarkar,harb

Nehra: Had one moderately decent tour of zimb. Sucked in SA,Windies and SL.
Now producing one of the worst performances of all time in england when he is supposed to be akrams heir...yeah right...

Agarkar: As swearing is not allowed i am not even going to bother with him. If there is any one who thinks he is a allrounder or even a bowler...then they must belive that Elvis is still alive and the earth is flat...oh and pamela has natural boobs..

Kumble: Ten yr long career: Avg outside india...40..nuff said

Harb: Follwing in kumble's footsteps

Zaheer: The least worst of the lot. Still wont get into any side on his performance. Bangladesh maybe..

You lot see to croon abt the potential of these bowlers. LEt me tell you this...it is not potential or talent that matters...it is PERFORMANCE THAT MATTERS.

If only potential is important...devon malcolm must be the worlds greatest bowler.

AM i getting anything across? IF you had posted anything sensible no one will go after you. Why do u guys have to disgrace india by just trolling the net spewing crap ?
How abt posting something sensible ?
How abt acknowledging our mistakes ?
How abt stopping stupid hype ?
How abt respecting the opposition ?

Go figure...

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I am talkin about the RAW TALENT these two Indian pacers have.Indian got hammered on a flat track, big deal, can't u get that the INdian attack without Nath is totally inexperianced??
And the English attack without Caddick and Gough is also inexperienced, yet this summer they've done wonders against allegedly the best batting side in the world on wickets which definitely help the batsmen.

Gotchya

State Vice-Captain
Nehra 32 3 138 2 9 2 4.31 96

Khan 26 4 110 3 0 0 4.23 52

Agarkar 24.5 3 93 2 0 2 3.74 74
Doesn't look bright does it? You just cant go on and ignore the writing on the wall and play hymns of how great the indians are,
Its downright annoying and frustrating.

[Edited on 8/11/02 by Gotchya]

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Hey, leave Devon Malcolm out of it! He took 9-57 once in a Test Match. OK, his batting was comical at times, 1000 first-class wickets as well. (128 Test). That's fulfilled potential in my book ;)

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
At the beginning of this series, I posted saying that although England had a much more balanced and experienced attack, Nehra and Khan have real potential and will really blossom in this series in helpful conditions. I am eating my words right now(without anybody asking me to). Khan hasn't been a total disappointment, I guess, but hasn't exactly set the stands on fire while Agarkar and Nehra have been the damp squibs to end all damp squibs.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Nehra got carted on a pitch that he should be only dream about bowling on. If Nehra has potential then maybe I should be playing international cricket aswell.

scorpio

U19 Cricketer
Devon malcolm had one performance. But despite his obvious pace and nurturing he did nothing.

But certainly nehra and agarkar have to long way to go to even match devon. And i sincerly hope that they dont do it by playing in indian team..

Kimbo

International Debutant
yea theindian bowling attack is fairly dismal at this stage. it really surprises me that there doesn't seem to be a lot of great bowling talent coming out of india right now. you would think that with all the cricket played over there that a bit more might emerge.
i suppose all the youngsters would rather be sachin.

anzac

International Debutant
anil - congrads on having the mettle to admit it..

no doubt most of us will go thru the same exercise at some stage or other!!!!

:)

Scorpio,
The post was about Khan and Nehra, whats the point mentioning the performance of Bhajji/Ajit/Kumble???

For ur kind info, Nehra was quiet impressive on WI tour(if Gavaskar's word can be trusted).The lone victory that India registered had a lot to do with Nehra's performance.Towards the end of the tour the Indian pacers lost the way coz of fatigue, this has been a known factor.

As for u or anyone after getting after me, i dont give a damn! The dogs keeps barking, BUT the caravan never stops!

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
"The dogs keeps barking, BUT the caravan never stops!"

Is that one of Navjot Sidhu's quotes?

warrioryohannan

U19 Cricketer
Yeah i agree, Zaheer and Ajit are all crap bowlers, their performance in the third match must be a fluke.I mean the so called great English team has been sent reeling.I won't be surprised if India does level the series and go on to win it. :D

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Current Test averages:

Zaheer - 39.01
Agarkar - 42.15

Do we need to even argue this point any more?

There's no guarantee India will go on and win this match. England will bat better second time around, and being a Bank Holiday there mut be some rain on the way!

warrioryohannan

U19 Cricketer
mark--- Ntini have an ave of late 30's, does it mean that hes crap too??

Why are u guys willing to wright the young pacers off so early??

Who th hell can u judge a bowler by his stats when he hasnt even played 25 tests??

England will hopefully lose this test match, However the main point is, the mentioned pathetic bowlers did fare well against the great England batters!! This does indicate something!