• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Tendulkar doubtful for Pakistan series

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
To be fair, I did not criticize Sachin. I was criticizing whoever it was who was looking after Sachin's fitness. It seems stupid that he was fit to play Bangladesh and then, because of that, he is now in doubt against Pakistan. Where do we need Sachin more, against Pakistan or against Bangladesh?

BTW, welcome to cricketweb, dudeurfriend. :)

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
honestbharani said:
To be fair, I did not criticize Sachin. I was criticizing whoever it was who was looking after Sachin's fitness. It seems stupid that he was fit to play Bangladesh and then, because of that, he is now in doubt against Pakistan. Where do we need Sachin more, against Pakistan or against Bangladesh?

BTW, welcome to cricketweb, dudeurfriend. :)
Oh no, don't get me wrong. I don't think any of us were referring to you, and I actually find your point valid. No way should he have played against Bangladesh if his arm wasn't 100%, but I don't believe for a second that Sachin played to boost his average. That's plain ridiculous.

However if Sachin had had a nice break from the last SA test till the Pakistan series, I think it would have done him a world of good. Unfortunately the physios got it wrong.

Either way this tennis elbow injury is really starting to worry me.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Jono said:
Either way this tennis elbow injury is really starting to worry me.
Yes it is very worrisome indeed.

Just look at this.
http://www.tennis-elbow.net/tenniselbow.htm

Some excerpts

Cause & Symptoms
The onset of pain, on the outside (lateral) of the elbow, is usually gradual with tenderness felt on or below the joint's bony prominence. Movements such as gripping, lifting and carrying tend to be troublesome.

Symptoms Of Tennis Elbow
- Recurring pain on the outside of the upper forearm just below the bend of the elbow; occasionally, pain radiates down the arm toward the wrist.
- Pain caused by lifting or bending the arm or grasping even light objects such as a coffee cup. - Difficulty extending the forearm fully (because of inflamed muscles, tendons and ligaments).
- Pain that typically lasts for 6 to 12 weeks; the discomfort can continue for as little as 3 weeks or as long as several years.[/I]

Relief Of Tennis Elbow
The best way to relieve tennis elbow is to stop doing anything that irritates your arm — a simple step for the weekend tennis player, but not as easy for the manual laborer, office worker, or professional athlete.[/I]

If rest, anti-inflammatory medications, and a stretching routine fail to cure your tennis elbow, you may have to consider surgery, though this form of treatment is rare (fewer than 3 percent of patients).

To prevent a relapse:

Discontinue or modify the action that is causing the strain on your elbow joint. If you must continue, be sure to warm up for 10 minutes or more before any activity involving your arm, and apply ice to it afterward. Take more frequent breaks.

Call Your Doctor If....

The pain persists for more than a few days; chronic inflammation of the tendons can lead to permanent disability.
Not very encouraging :-O

Last edited:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
oh damn, Sourav better start considering his ODI opening seriously. We might ask Sachin to sit out a lot of ODIs to preserve him for the important games.

wahindiawah

Banned
Sanz said:
Pathetic, If his tennis elbow has not healed, then what was he doing in Bangladesh ?? Let me guess he couldn't resist a chance to score couple of centuries against the minnows.

Seriously, I have lost lot of respect I had for him.
How can you say that? Maybe he didn't realise how serious the injury was then, sportsmen takes cahnces and later realise their mistakes.

Besides Tendulkar hammered Pak in Pak, so why would he shy away from competition now for reasons other than injury? Pakistan are already down & Indian batsmen should be licking their lips at the prospect of facing their mediocre bowling attack.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Dasa said:
I think your post is pathetic.
I hardly think it was his decision to play against Bangladesh. The team wanted him, and the team got him. If he was in it just for himself, why did he play against Aus and Saf???? If you read the article, doctors have advised him not to play.
Whose decision was it then ?? I am not convinced that Indian team wanted him for the Tour of Bangladesh. As for teh articles appearing in newspapers, Go and look at the crap that has been written for last one and and is still being written about his injury. It leaves an ordinary cricket fan like me, who has no insider information, confused and clueless.

The team could afford to rest Laxman and Kumble(in ODIs) and not Him, isn't it ??

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
wahindiawah said:
How can you say that? Maybe he didn't realise how serious the injury was then, sportsmen takes cahnces and later realise their mistakes.

Besides Tendulkar hammered Pak in Pak, so why would he shy away from competition now for reasons other than injury? Pakistan are already down & Indian batsmen should be licking their lips at the prospect of facing their mediocre bowling attack.
It has been more than six months, since Sachin's injury has been made public and assuming that all this time he had access to the opinions of highly qualified experts, If he still didn't know how serious this injury was, then he is an IDIOT.

As for you bragging about how Sachin hammered Pakistan and how they are down and bla blah blah, I would suggest you to look into the results of last couple of ODIs we have played against them. It would be foolish to consider them down and out and take them lightly.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Sanz said:
Pathetic, If his tennis elbow has not healed, then what was he doing in Bangladesh ?? Let me guess he couldn't resist a chance to score couple of centuries against the minnows.
sure...he is evil man...pure evil....:twisted:

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Sanz said:
It has been more than six months, since Sachin's injury has been made public and assuming that all this time he had access to the opinions of highly qualified experts, If he still didn't know how serious this injury was, then he is an IDIOT.

As for you bragging about how Sachin hammered Pakistan and how they are down and bla blah blah, I would suggest you to look into the results of last couple of ODIs we have played against them. It would be foolish to consider them down and out and take them lightly.
What wouldn't you give to have him being born and playing for your country ! :p

There is a old joke.

Question : What's the difference between a Whore and a Bitch ?

Answer : If she gets laid by the whole town she is a whore. But if whe gets laid by the whole town except yourself the she is a bitch !!