cricket betting betway blog banner small
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pak tour of India in trouble!!

Pak tour of India in trouble!!

Sena threatens to disrupt Indo-Pak ODI in Delhi
    Press Trust of India
    New Delhi, January 21

Delhi Shiv Sena on Thursday threatened to disrupt the proposed One-Day International cricket match between India and Pakistan at the Ferozeshah Kotla "at any cost".

It says it would be a "deception" to have sporting links with Islamabad till the time it puts an end to terrorist activities in the country.

Asserting that the people of India will not accept such matches in the name of creating goodwill in the midst of bloodletting on the country's borders, Sena's Delhi unit president Jai Bhagwan Goyal said in a statement that "we will not allow the one day cricket match in Delhi at any cost".

Sena activists had dug the pitch at the Ferozeshah Kotla ground in the capital on January 6, 1999 ahead of a similar match when Pakistan toured India last time

International Captain masterblaster's Avatar
    Netblazer3D Champion!
    Don't the Shiv Sena people have anything better to do?
    Self Elected Vice-President of AAAS
    (Ajit Agarkar Appreciation Society)

"Uniting Ajit Agarkar Fans World Wide"

Always Live Life With: Intensity, Integrity and Intelligence

Interetingly a month back Sena's spokeman said that they have no objection to Pak tour, i can't understand their U-turn now

International Captain masterblaster's Avatar
    Netblazer3D Champion!
    Live and Let Live is what I say, I don't know why people object to these sorts of things. It waste's everyone's time and it wastes their's too.

Let them come, let them play and let them go. There's no need for people to be uptight about everything in life. This is just a self inflicted problem, which doesnt even deserve to be classified as a problem.

But there is a small problem, i wanted to watch the Indo-Pak match in Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai. Pak team has been avoiding to play at Mumbai coz of Sena's threat. However i was happy to read Javed Miandad's statement a few days back who had advocated the inclusion of Wankhede venue in the schedule as Miandad had himself met Shiv Sena's chief at his home a few months back who had told Miandad that he had no objection to Pak tour.

But now i think i will never be able to watch an Indo-Pak match in Mumbai

Cricket, Lovely Cricket Pratters's Avatar
    This political party destroyed the replica of the Worlc Cup 1983 trophy which India had won and was in the BCCI office in Mumbai and dug up the pitch before Pakistan toured India a few years ago.

Pathetic politics.

Also, I doubt the series will come into jeopardy. Take these threats as a publicity stunt more than any thing else.

Banned
    Cry babies!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by wahindiawah
    But there is a small problem, i wanted to watch the Indo-Pak match in Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai. Pak team has been avoiding to play at Mumbai coz of Sena's threat. However i was happy to read Javed Miandad's statement a few days back who had advocated the inclusion of Wankhede venue in the schedule as Miandad had himself met Shiv Sena's chief at his home a few months back who had told Miandad that he had no objection to Pak tour.

But now i think i will never be able to watch an Indo-Pak match in Mumbai

Not in this LIFE< unless Shiv Sena move outta India (patheitc B***ards)

SJS
    Virus 2 Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by wahindiawah
    Interetingly a month back Sena's spokeman said that they have no objection to Pak tour, i can't understand their U-turn now
    Having lost the state elections and with their party in disarray with internal power struggle and the Thackrey family feuds, they , probably, are clutching at some issues to divert attention from their pitiable situation.

I disagree that they will be able to prevent matches in delhi. A match will not be played in Delhi because there is no way the Feroze Shah Kotla is going to be ready on time. Shiv Sena knows this and will be happy, when the match is resceduled, to say that they managed to stop the match being played. Otherwise they could have picked up any of the other venues. Its not as if they are a party that counts in Delhi. They have never won any elections in Delhi in the entire history of the country and no one cares for Bala Saheb in Delhi.

I should know, I have lived in Delhi for 35 years and am a life member of the Cricket Association of Delhi, the DDCA, which runs all cricket in the capital.

State Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Sehwag309

Its shameful isn't it? Mumbai fans gets deprived of cricket match because of someone's foolishness.
    ------------------------------------

Abotu Mumbai not getting a match, the answer is simple- rotation of venues.
    They do good things such as building flyovers all over the city, speeding up traffic. Then they also do such things as digging up cricket pitches.
    "Talent is nothing without opportunity"
    "You're not remembered for aiming at the target, but hitting it"

Twenty20 used to be boring.

Sponsored...by...nothing!!!

SJS
    Virus 2 Champion!
    shiv Sena Does Not Build Fly Overs !! The Government Of Maharastra Does !!

Actually, the BMC ( Bombay Municipal Corporation ) does, and the Shiv Sena have been the majority there for donkeys years now.
    Millhouse: you know when your dog ate my goldfish bart and you told me i never had a goldfish, then why did i have the bowl bart! why did i have the bowl!!!!
    Karthik_moo@hotmail.com
    Member of the MSC and the AAAS
    Wanna Search ?
    Waughney : We are well taken care of here at the Rehab centre.

SJS
    Virus 2 Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja moo
    Actually, the BMC ( Bombay Municipal Corporation ) does, and the Shiv Sena have been the majority there for donkeys years now.
    Still. Its not the party that does it. It is the corporation and it is with public money. All they or any other party in power does is to misappropriate part of the funds, take bribes from the builders and ensure sub standard quality of construction !!!

SJS
    Virus 2 Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja moo
    You are wrong !!

The flyovers are built by MSRDC (Maharashtra State Road Development Corporation) which comes under the state Government.

The 50 Flyovers Project ( Mumbai Traffic Improvement Mega - Project )

INTRODUCTION
    In Mumbai city there is a urgent need to cater for the traffic specially quick entry and exit from the city. The industrialisation and growth of traffic has resulted into congestion which has raised the pollution at various traffic junctions.

MSRDC was given the task of improving the current traffic conditions by the Maharashtra Government. MSRDC has aimed to alleviate the traffic congestion in the city of Bombay or Mumbai by constructing 50 flyovers. The attempt is to maintain a highway character of the important roads in the city and also to reduce congestion at key junctions.

APPROACH
    Flyovers are located on major traffic corridors, namely:-

Sion - Panvel Expressway
    Western Express Highway
    Eastern Express Highway
    Major roads in Mumbai city

The flyovers are planned with a corridor development approach. This fast corridor will make it possible to move from Thane, Vashi or Borivali and reach South Mumbai faster.

http://www.msrdc.org/projects/50flyovers.html

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information