• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Trivial yet interesting

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Cricket has a lot of trivia and the trivial associated with it. A lot of it is extremely interesting.

Cricket's Do you know and stuff..

Would be fun..

What some cricketers love to drink :-

Jack Russell - tea!
Salil Ankola - Pina Colada
S.Tendulkar - ice-cold water
D.Gough - budweiser beer from the bottle
Shahid Afridi - Orange Juice
Anil Kumble - Mango juice
Shane Warne - Midori and lemonade
Aamer Sohail - Fruit ****tail
Wasim Akram - daab (coconut water)
Lara - Orange Juice with Angostura bitters

Last edited:

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Some freaky bowling analysis :-

32-27-5-0

India offie Nadkarni bowled 27 consecutive maidens in succession and establisehd a world record during the test between India and England in Madras 1964

0-0-4-0

John Kelly bowled his first ball a no ball which was hit for a four against Lancashire at Old Trafford in 1955

1-1-0-0

Not very unusual? In an unofficial test against the kiwis, J.H.Human bowled 6 wides each of which were hit for fours. The scoring sheet was indeed flattering.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Pratyush said:
Some freaky bowling analysis :-

32-27-5-0

India offie Nadkarni bowled 27 consecutive maidens in succession and establisehd a world record during the test between India and England in Madras 1964
Jesus! I've seen some dull passages of play, but my God! You'd have to be a real connoisseur or a masochist to enjoy that! :D

twctopcat

International Regular
SJS strange,funny,bizarre i think, good thread with lots of interesting cricketing tales from the wise one SJS!

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
twctopcat said:
SJS strange,funny,bizarre i think, good thread with lots of interesting cricketing tales from the wise one SJS!
That one was on specific incidents.

This is cricket trivia. Not the same IMO.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Since no one is posting any new trivia, here goes another..

Cricketers more well known by their initials (try thinking about their first names!) :-

W.G.Grace
C.K.Nayudu - Cotarri Kanakaya Nayudu
C.B.Fry
C.D.Gopinath
S.Venkataraghvan
C.S.Nayudu
W.V.Raman - Woorkeri.V.Raman
M.L.Jaisimha
J.T.Brown
F.T.Mann
V.B.Chandrasekhar
E.A.S.Prasanna - Erappalli Prasanna
V.V.S.Laxman - Vangipurrapu Venka Sai Laxman!

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Pratyush said:
Since no one is posting any new trivia, here goes another..

Cricketers more well known by their initials (try thinking about their first names!) :-

W.G.Grace
C.K.Nayudu - Cotarri Kanakaya Nayudu
C.B.Fry
C.D.Gopinath
S.Venkataraghvan
C.S.Nayudu
W.V.Raman - Woorkeri.V.Raman
M.L.Jaisimha
J.T.Brown
F.T.Mann
V.B.Chandrasekhar
E.A.S.Prasanna - Erappalli Prasanna
V.V.S.Laxman - Vangipurrapu Venka Sai Laxman!
Coupla England skippers you coulda had too:

JWHT Douglas AKA Johnny
MJK Smith AKA Mike

Apropos of nothing I know of two famous authors who’ve played FC cricket: creator of Sherlock Holmes, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle (10 games for MCC, 231 runs @ 19.25, 1 wicket @ 50) & “Waiting For Godot” playwright Samuel Beckett, who played two FC games for Dublin University (both against Northants) where he scored 35 runs @ 8.75 & went wicketless for 64 runs. He also won the 1969 Nobel Prize for Literature, making him cricket’s only Nobel Laureate.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
marc71178 said:
Hmm, I must say I find this one doubtful...
I took it off a reputed cricket book of facts, and though its unlikely, I find it more astounding than doubtful

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
marc71178 said:
So how exactly is a wide hit for 4 then?
I am wondering the same thing.

Its written the bowler was indeed hit for the fours in an unofficial test.

Yes it does seem impossible. Maybe some one knows some thing on the incident but you cant hit a 4 off a possible wide and not get runs on the batter and bowler's analysis.