• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Really Obscure Elevens

LongHopCassidy

International Captain
This is the place to put into reality all your misguided team-picking skills.

I'll start with the Bearded XI.

1. Graham Gooch
2. Saeed Anwar
3. Viv Richards
4. Inzamam-ul-haq
5. Allan Border
6. Gary Sobers
7. Ian Botham
8. Jack Blackham (edit) (keeper)
9. Jason Gillespie
10. Bishen Bedi (captain)
11. Bhagwat Chandrasekhar

Last edited:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
LongHopCassidy said:

1. Graham Gooch
2. Saeed Anwar
3. Viv Richards
4. Inzamam-ul-haq
5. Allan Border
6. Gary Sobers
7. Ian Botham
8. Max Walker
9. Jason Gillespie
10. Bishen Bedi
Where's current "beard of the year", Andrew Flintoff?! ;)

http://beardmag.blogspot.com/

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
LongHopCassidy said:

1. Graham Gooch
2. Saeed Anwar
3. Viv Richards
4. Inzamam-ul-haq
5. Allan Border
6. Gary Sobers
7. Ian Botham
8. Max Walker
9. Jason Gillespie
10. Bishen Bedi
This seems to be based on the glory of their cricket rather than the beards :sleep:

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
SJS said:
This seems to be based on the glory of their cricket rather than the beards :sleep:
Hear hear! The bearded 11 should be a side with the 11 greatest beards to ever grace a cricket field, not the 11 greatest cricketers who happened to have a beard! For shame!

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Every one should first name their favourite beards (not more than five each) and then we will try to make an eleven out of them.

Here is my selection

1. WG (captain)
2. Bonner (easily the best kept beard)
3. Anwar
4. Amla

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:
Not without Amla.
Its funny but in India we have a hair oil called Amla (after olive which is Amla in hindi). I am sure some creative adman could use Hashim (and his beard) for promoting Amla Hair Oil :)

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Cairns would have been in there had he not shaven his beard off recently.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Some Obscure Elevens that can be tried. I dont want to pre-empt for this can be a very creative excercise :p

1. Cricketers whose names remind you of food.

2. Cricketers from different professions (Barbers, Carpenters, Taylors, Sargeants, Bishops and an assortment of Smiths)

3. One test wonders ! There are some fascinating performances in solitary appearances.

4. Heavyweight XI From WG to Colin Milburn there have been some exciting players who have looked ...er... athleticaly-challenged though finding the bowlers , of the quicker variety is slightly taxing :sleep:

5. The Obnoxious XI Some cricketers are simply too much for even the most tolerant to put up with. I am sure every one has their 'favourites'

Fiery

Banned
Obnoxious XI:

J.Langer
A. Sohail
D.Jones
M. Clarke
C. McMillan
J. Miandad
J. Bracewell
S. Warne
H. Singh
G. McGrath
S. Akhtar

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Mr Casson said:
Clarke and Langer obnoxious? What are you smoking?
Relax mate. He has made a list of players who HE finds obnoxious not who others find obnoxious. :sleep: