• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

newbie in cricket

Status
Not open for further replies.

cricnewbye

Cricket Spectator
hi guys i have always been a huge baseball fan (i'm not american by the way) but since few months i found myself interested and amused by cricket.
I have understood most of the rules but i have still a couple of question that i hope you may answer.
1)What happens if a batter hit the ball in front of him and the ball hits the opposite side wickets? Is the ball dead? is the other batter out if off his crease?
2)Can you suggest a good book about cricket history i can buy online?
I need a volume that can introduce me not only to the development of the game but to major test games, top all time players, avarages etc.
Thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.