Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Queensland Premier Peter Beattie campaigns to have the 2005 Ashes shown on Free TV

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Mister Wright's Avatar
    Burger Time Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Linda
    It feels more authentic on Channel 9..
    Who cares?! As far as I'm concerned give all the matches home and away to Foxtel. We can get Fox Sports active and can watch highlights whenever we want, get the scorecard whenever we want & you can turn off the commentators if you want. And on Foxtel you don't miss anything because of other commitments, they stay with the cricket no matter what!
    Cricketweb Colts Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    Hayden > Lehmann
    I'm a member of Club Kerry

I'm Green

The color of immortality, nature and envy - you are truly a unique person. While clearly the color of nature, you also symbolize rebirth, fertility and hope in the world. On the other side of the spectrum, a natural aptitude to money with green coming to signify money and possibly even *********!

Stranger leering through a pair of binoculars
    Damn you!! I want foxtel active
    Mark Waugh
    "He's [Michael Clarke] on Twitter saying sorry for not walking? Mate if he did that in our side there'd be hell to play. AB would chuck his Twitter box off the balcony or whatever it is. Sorry for not walking? Jesus Christ man."
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is knowing not to put it into a fruit salad
    RIP Craigos

Cricketer Of The Year Mr Casson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Wright
    Who cares?! As far as I'm concerned give all the matches home and away to Foxtel. We can get Fox Sports active and can watch highlights whenever we want, get the scorecard whenever we want & you can turn off the commentators if you want. And on Foxtel you don't miss anything because of other commitments, they stay with the cricket no matter what!
    Exactly! The only problem is people who can't afford it.
    'Copperfield,' said Mr. Micawber, 'farewell! Every happiness and prosperity! If, in the progress of revolving years, I could persuade myself that my blighted destiny had been a warning to you, I should feel that I had not occupied another man's place in existence altogether in vain.
    - Wilkins Micawber

Cricketer Of The Year SirBloody Idiot's Avatar
    I'd love it if there was a Fox Cricket Channel.

Would never happen, but it would be great.

And anyway, Fox Active is a waste of money, hyped up but does nothing.

They have a channel for the AFL, and that doesn't go for anywhere near the amount of time as cricket and isn't on for half the year!! A cricket channel would be fantastic, I've thought about that before as well!

Cricketer Of The Year SirBloody Idiot's Avatar

*ORGASM*

Hall of Fame Member FaaipDeOiad's Avatar
    Channel 9 has better commentators too. As much as I dislike listening to Lawry and Taylor, the likes of Richie, Holding and Nicholas make up for them, and anybody is better than the hacks they get on Fox Sports. Dean Jones? Jeff Thompson? Just shoot me instead, thanks.

^ Sky Sports has the best commentators but.

International Vice-Captain Linda's Avatar
    I care. I feel like Im watching another country.

Well actually, I dont care all that much. At this stage, Im hoping to be in England during that time, so i dont give much of a stuff.

Still... in should be on some form of the Tv. Im rambling.

"I know I underperformed but after the past 18 months I thought I might have received more than four Test matches' grace."
    - DR Martyn.

"Is there any way to make it longer?"
    Peter English on Twenty20

Official Face of the v. hip 'Twenty20 Is Boring Society'

Burger Time Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Linda
    I care. I feel like Im watching another country.

Well actually, I dont care all that much. At this stage, Im hoping to be in England during that time, so i dont give much of a stuff.

Still... in should be on some form of the Tv. Im rambling.
    As far as I'm aware the rights for England's coverage is on Pay TV. So unless you are planning to go to every game you might not see much. However I could have it wrong and that deal may only be related to England's overseas tours.

U19 Cricketer
    I don't have fox, can't afford it. I still owe my last months subscription after i lost my job hehe.

Howard claims he's a cricket tragic, lets see him put his bloody money where his mouth is. Give the ABC the money. I can't imagine not being able to watch the ASHES

International Vice-Captain Linda's Avatar
    As far as I'm aware the rights for England's coverage is on Pay TV. So unless you are planning to go to every game you might not see much. However I could have it wrong and that deal may only be related to England's overseas tours.
    Either way, Ill make sure I see it!

Pinball Champion!
    Either way, unless people in England can't see one of the biggest sporting events going in their own back yard, I don't have loads of sympathy for you guys.. Its a disgrace either way, but we have never had free to air ashes from Australia... I guess we will be getting the 2005 ashes, but from then on it all stops
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Don't like using my iPod dock. Ruins battery life too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Thanks Dick Smith. Will remember to subscribe to your newsletter for more electronic fun facts.

Plasmanaut on Fire Champion!
    very happy to have fox these days, i dont see why the free to air stations dont show it, most of what they show at that time is rubbish.
    Member of CW Green
    Kerry O'Keefe - Worlds funniest Commentator

Burger Time Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by age_master
    very happy to have fox these days, i dont see why the free to air stations dont show it, most of what they show at that time is rubbish.
    The difference is the Ashes is on during Prime Time. I think the days start about 7pmish our time, which is usually when the free to air stations have their big rating shows on.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information