• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricketers who have excelled at other Sports..

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
marc71178 said:
No, a lot of professionals and even non-professionals have +3, +4 etc.
yeah but you can still turn pro if youre scratch you know..

I'm off 7, i know thats not great, but i reckon if i devoted my life i could get to scratch but i couldnt be bothered,lol... im only 17 but i cant say i would like to turn pro, too much work for a sport that can get very frustrating,lol

Last edited:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I've thought of two more international sportsmen who've played FC cricket: Sir Geoff Hurst ('66 & all that) & Rob Andrew (Rugby Union).

Sir Geoff played one match for Essex in 1962 (2 innings, 1 not out, 0 runs & an impressive best of 0*!); Rob’s figures from 17 games for my local Uni marginally more impressive: 603 runs @ 21.22 (including one century) & 12 wickets (Right arm off-spin) @ 70.58.

I guess mention should also be made of Namibia’s Rudie Van Vuuren, the first man to play in both Cricket & Rugby Union World Cups. He famously took a five-for against us too!

Swervy

International Captain
I think Steve Ogrizovic (keeper for Coventry in the 80's) once bowled Viv Richards in a Nat West game for somewhere like Shropshire

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Swervy said:
I think Steve Ogrizovic (keeper for Coventry in the 80's) once bowled Viv Richards in a Nat West game for somewhere like Shropshire
He certainly played List A ODs. Good knowledge! :D

http://www.cricinfo.com/link_to_database/PLAYERS/ENG/O/OGRIZOVIC_S_01035138/

I'm pretty certain Andy Goram (ex-Rangers keeper & all-round UVF sympathising tool) played cricket for Scotland against OZ too, but he's not listed in Cricinfo, so I may've imagined it! :blink:

Beleg

International Regular
NZ won a men's hockey olympic gold!?!

Other teams must have been smokin' something really potent.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
BoyBrumby said:
Beefy's son Liam has actually played three sports @ a high level....Rugby League (Leeds).
he spent a large chunk of last season on loan at London Broncos, too

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Swervy said:
Oh Oggy, what a legend.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
The stupid thing is, I am only actually putting facts on, whereas you are creating all the comedy by inviting us to laugh at you.

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
Merv Hughes played footy for Werribee/Footscray
Simon O'Donnell was a good footy player
Craig Bradley who played for Carlton Football Club also played in a high standard of cricket.

Jnr.

First Class Debutant
Someone please explain this golf handicap thing? I thought that the lower the handicap, the better, but this doesn't appear to be the case.