• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Hafeez reported to the ICC for chucking

haroon510

International 12th Man
Whata lol hhhaa
i thought he was reported just after the match of WI today. i was like that was pretty fast i was watching the match like one hour ago lol

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
His action is very jerky, sort of stop-start.
he basically stops at the popping crease and then delivers the ball. Is that allowed? I am not well up on the laws re. bowling apart from the chucking and flex parts, but is there any rule that says that the action should in one motion. Because he does get a HUGE advantage by stopping right before he delivers the ball. It is almost impossible to come down the track and connect because he will always see that initial movement of the batter and since he stops, he can change his length and trajectory.

And if that is, in fact, allowed, I think more and more bowlers will (and should) practice that. They will become very very hard to get away, as I think Hafeez will be throughout this world cup.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Robert Croft used to deliver a ball like that as variation. I guess what he does though is lose all the momentum that he'd gotten up to that point, and ends up with less "work" on the ball.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Absolutely no problem with it. Biomechanically it's really not that helpful - as Jack says - you lose the momentum you've built up; you see a lot of kids bowling who charge in off 20 yards then slow right down and almost stop by the crease - they'd be better off running in hard off 3 steps but try telling them that...

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Absolutely no problem with it. Biomechanically it's really not that helpful - as Jack says - you lose the momentum you've built up; you see a lot of kids bowling who charge in off 20 yards then slow right down and almost stop by the crease - they'd be better off running in hard off 3 steps but try telling them that...
Haha so true, however try telling that to some of the under 10s. That's a good example of it though.