• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Alltime World Left handers XI

Scallywag

Banned
Beleg said:
Arthur Morris
Brian Lara
Neil Harvey
Gary Sobers
Clive Lloyd - C
Greame Pollock
Allan Border
Adam Gilchrist - Wk
Wasim Akram
Alan Davidson
Hedley Verity
Cant have Lara in there, have you seen what McGrath has done to him.
:D :D

C_C

International Captain
McGrath vs Lara battles have been stalemates. Both have had success against each other.
All i can say is, Lara is one of the greatest test batsman ever and amongst the lefties, he is second only to Sobers.....
He along with Tendy are definately the two best batsmen produced in cricket since the heydeys of Viv Richards.

As per Underwood over bedi....i wouldnt pick Underwood over Bedi in most conditions.
Bedi was the best left arm spinner of the ball IMO.
And i would definately take Lawry/Fredericks over Hayden...hell, i will even take Langer over Hayden.

C_C

International Captain
Did you forget the 153*, 277, 213, etc etc ?

Lara and McGrath have faced off and they both had their victories. McGrath got lara for low score ample times and he got absolutely torn to pieces a couple of times.
Even McGrath admits as much.

Scallywag

Banned
Scallywag said:
Lara is McGraths bunny, dont you remember Melb, Bris And Perth.

Oh yeah and who can forget when McGrath said he wants Lara as his 400th victim, he takes his 399th and out walks Lara and McGrath takes him first ball to bring up his 400th wicket. A classic piece of cricket dont you think C_C.

Scallywag

Banned
Another one you have missed C_C is G Wood who gave Ambrose and Marshall a thrashing in Perth. He is a left hander who smashed the WI fast bowlers.

C_C

International Captain
Scallywag said:
Oh yeah and who can forget when McGrath said he wants Lara as his 400th victim, he takes his 399th and out walks Lara and McGrath takes him first ball to bring up his 400th wicket. A classic piece of cricket dont you think C_C.
Actually it was for his 300th wicket, not 400th.

In matches McGrath played, this is Lara's average against AUS:

Matches:20
Innings: 38
Not Out:2
Total Runs: 1655
Ave: 45.97
HS: 213
C: 5
F: 7
DC: 1

I wouldnt call that being a bunny. Thats called having a stalemate. McGrath got him 13 times in 38 innings...thats once in 3 innings....not really being a bunny. And Lara scored what is perhaps the greatest knock in world history-153* with a rampaging McGrath.

C_C

International Captain
LOL

Comparing a mediocre Wood ( 3374 runs @ 31.83) with Lara, who is amongst the top 5 batsmen ever, is a hoot indeed.
Thats like comparing Zaheer Khan with McGrath.

Scallywag

Banned
C_C said:
And Lara scored what is perhaps the greatest knock in world history-153* with a rampaging McGrath.
What better than Wood scoring a century against a rampaging Marshall and Ambrose on the best pitch for fast bowlers, I think Woods innings would have to be much better.

C_C

International Captain
What better than Wood scoring a century against a rampaging Marshall and Ambrose on the best pitch for fast bowlers, I think Woods innings would have to be much better.
I disagree.
Wood's innings was not chanceless, Lara's was. Woods innings wasnt in the pressure-cooker of the 2nd innings with the FW trophy on the line, Lara's was.
Woods didnt have to guide the tail like lara had to.

I notice you are silent now about Lara being McGrath's bunny....

As per pitches go, Sabina Park and Bridgetown are almost the same as perth (until the bridgetown pitch was relaid 2 years ago) in terms of bounce and carry.

C_C

International Captain
No I still know that Lara is McGrath's bunny and allways will be.
Lara is as much McGrath's bunny as McGrath is his bitch.
Thats the truth of the matter really.
Considering the number of times he's played McGrath and ther record against AUS while doing so, its a stalemate at the very least.
Even McGrath himself said so.

Hell Ponting is a bigger bunny of Harbhajan than Lara is of McGrath...far bigger.

Last edited:

Scallywag

Banned
C_C said:
I disagree.
Wood's innings was not chanceless, Lara's was. Woods innings wasnt in the pressure-cooker of the 2nd innings with the FW trophy on the line, Lara's was.
Woods didnt have to guide the tail like lara had to.

Of course you disagree because McGrath is a much better bowler than Marshall and Ambrose.

C_C

International Captain
Of course you disagree because McGrath is a much better bowler than Marshall and Ambrose.
you have a comprehension problem.
I've outlined the reasons why Lara's innings is superior despite Wood facing a superior attack.
As per McGrath being better than Marshall and Ambrose, your head is too thick...

Scallywag

Banned
C_C said:
you have a comprehension problem.
I've outlined the reasons why Lara's innings is superior despite Wood facing a superior attack.
As per McGrath being better than Marshall and Ambrose, your head is too thick...

yes C_C its me that has the comprehension problem isnt it.

You allways seem to catch a bigger fish than anybody else.

C_C

International Captain
yes C_C its me that has the comprehension problem isnt it.

You allways seem to catch a bigger fish than anybody else.
You do seem to have comprehension problems. You repeatedly bollox up while trying to understand a concept and keep harping on the same thing when its been addressed.

PS: Aussie aussie aussie. Oi Oi Oi.

Scallywag

Banned
C_C said:
He along with Tendy are definately the two best batsmen produced in cricket since the heydeys of Viv Richards.

This is what I mean C_C, All three of these batsmen are not even in the same league as Greg Chappel who managed to average over 50 against the WI when they had their best bowling attack.